Rohit Sharma: I want middle order to prepare for '10 for 3' situations

sage

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

2 reasons

•  backup opener within squad so they dont have to take extra players and kishen hsnt helped his chances
  • Plan-B , if needed we may see KL drop down the order and one of them goes up 

Kishan should have been persisted with. Can help us against Shaheen, Fizz, Shadab biggest threat to our openers in this Asia cup.

9 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Kishan should have been persisted with. Can help us against Shaheen, Fizz, Shadab biggest threat to our openers in this Asia cup.

Against shaheen i dont know how ?? Any kind of movement and that guy is in big trouble .................even a much superior david warner was finding hard to play shaheen 

Kishen had one role to bat aggresively in PP and he failed at that to this yr...........i think his s/r now this yr in PP is around 110 

Even warner didnt find it easy , if a guy is swinging the ball at that pace no one will find it easy 

If technical expertise is need rather rely on rahul-rohit who opens for us in test, yes they have failed against shaheen but if they are struggling what chance does kishen have who anyways has no great technique . Shadab can be handled by pant-pandya-sky 

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

apparently, he and the team decided that selfish tuk-tuking is the answer to 10/3.

however, I expect to see the familiar scorecard when the 2023 WC comes around

ODI world cup is in Oct-Nov 2023 ... Tuk Tuk, given his batting, fielding, and captaincy, may not last that longer :dontknow: 

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

He scores 27 from 28 in a crucial KO game on the flattest patta.  And talks about 10/3 situations.   LOL.   I would rather like to hv  10/3 situation than watching his crappy batting.  

That was an embarrassing innings. Couldn't time the ball at all,but kept consuming deliveries like it was a test match. And speaking of test matches, he is conveniently "injured" for tough overseas series. 

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

quite possible with SKY, pandu, and pants getting more balls

With hitman batting for almost 5 overs for only about less than 30 runs, it would have made a huge difference in our final score.

India simply must change the tuk tuk approach at 1,2,3.

Every f**king old player wants to anchor or consolidate an innings. This is India's biggest problem.

In the WC next year, Hitman, Dhawan and Kohli will all be the same and want to anchor an innings.

3 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

With hitman batting for almost 5 overs for only about less than 30 runs, it would have made a huge difference in our final score.

India simply must change the tuk tuk approach at 1,2,3.

Every f**king old player wants to anchor or consolidate an innings. This is India's biggest problem.

In the WC next year, Hitman, Dhawan and Kohli will all be the same and want to anchor an innings.

don't forget mentally weak Kela. and selectors will do their best to bring back manish pandey, DK, etc. somehow.

although there is zero chance of it happening, would be nice to see the following top 6 strictly for home (India) conditions in ODIs:

1. Shaw

2. Gill

3. Iyer

4. Pant (wk)

5. SKY

6. Pandu

Edited by Vijy