Kashi Mathura Dham Corridor

ravishingravi

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Nice of you to leave the "non natives" out!

You missed a point.  

None of the abrahamic faiths have initiation in India. So no need to upgrade any of their centers in India to vatican level.  

This does NOT mean that they should not be improved. 

9 hours ago, zen said:

I am not sure if you understood my comment. If it is inferred from the word Vatican, you need to understand the status of Vatican, how it is preserved, and how it serves to safeguard items of cultural importance (has many ancient treasures in its libraries/vaults).

I care about India the region and its heritage, and those who believe in such things and have “earned” the privilege through devotion, responsible behaviour, etc. Animals don’t have culture/religion to the degree that humans do. If many folks in India chose to live like animals so be it. No one needs to do anything for them. 

You are entitled to your opinion and nobody earns a privilege to an opinion.  Vatican keeps all power of Catholicism centralized and has vested interests. No organization is allowed or should be allowed to control all of Hinduism, which has a decentralized system. Hinduism needs a collective effort and not a centralized one like Batican or Mecca

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You are entitled to your opinion and nobody earns a privilege to an opinion.  Vatican keeps all power of Catholicism centralized and has vested interests. No organization is allowed or should be allowed to control all of Hinduism, which has a decentralized system. Hinduism needs a collective effort and not a centralized one like Batican or Mecca

I do not think you get the point so will not waste time on this 

5 hours ago, kepler37b said:

You missed a point.  

None of the abrahamic faiths have initiation in India. So no need to upgrade any of their centers in India to vatican level.  

This does NOT mean that they should not be improved. 

Initiation is moot. Much like Corona , faiths are strains. Mutating in various different ways in different hosts. After one is infected, with the Omicron variant, it hardly matters if someone ate a bat in Wuhan in 2019 or the Chinese government introduced it as a bio-weapon.

Why shouldn't Ajmer Sharif ,the final resting place of Hazrat Khwaja Gareeb Nawaz be elevated,cherished and made central to a Muslim identity in India/sub continent? The Urs over there made as central to a Muslim identity as much as say the Umrah.

What harm can possibly come from it? I can only see upsides. And better assimilation.

5 hours ago, diga said:

I think she meant non-native religions to India... including the one she follows :bebored:

Why would you say that? What has my religious affiliation to do with my comment?

@zen left out a whole host of Indians from his version of system and hardware update. Doesn't it bother you that his Elysium is discriminatory?

If someone had made a comment: The GoI should only upgrade mosques in India, my reaction would have been no different.

Why is your default setting to operate under the assumption that my viewpoints have to be parochial? :(( :broken_heart:

PS: @zen was answering @coffee_rules in that post you quoted.

16 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Why shouldn't Ajmer Sharif ,the final resting place of Hazrat Khwaja Gareeb Nawaz be elevated,cherished and made central to a Muslim identity in India/sub continent? The Urs over there made as central to a Muslim identity as much as say the Umrah.

Note Varanasi, Dwarka, Ayodhya, etc. are like Mecca, Jerusalem, and Vatican, i.e. directly related to respective "Gods" ... Heritage places would be related to the ancient history of the region  

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Even this optics is an eyesore for some

In some ways I get his feelings and they are genuine. But here is the thing. Does he know how that mosque got built in first place ? Perhaps not or he doesn't care. Therein lies the problem. Until we reconcille with past, more stuff is coming. 

Edited by ravishingravi

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

In some ways I get his feelings and they are genuine. But here is the thing. Does he know how that mosque got built in first place ? Perhaps not or he doesn't care. Therein lies the problem. Until we reconcille with past, more stuff is coming. 

Deal with it. There is not 1 important Hindu temple where there is no parallel mosque. I absolutely have no issues with either of them existing but I dont get the purpose of building mosque right next to temple. There are 100s of them. You are right it was done the past they only know the reason for it. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Even this optics is an eyesore for some

Khushi ke aasu hai. Even i got emotional seeing his love. Let alone the fact that mosque was built on top of the temple, they have a problem that hindus are developing their place of worship. 

Hindus have to make it clear that sites like Varanasi (said to be founded by Lord Shiva), Dwarka, Mathura, Ayodhya, and so on are as holy (if not more since Hinduism has been present since time immemorial) as Jerusalem (where it is considered Holy by Muslims by virtue of Mohammad having said to have flown to heaven from there), Medina, Mecca, Vatican, and so on. 

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Why would you say that? What has my religious affiliation to do with my comment?

@zen left out a whole host of Indians from his version of system and hardware update. Doesn't it bother you that his Elysium is discriminatory?

If someone had made a comment: The GoI should only upgrade mosques in India, my reaction would have been no different.

Why is your default setting to operate under the assumption that my viewpoints have to be parochial? :(( :broken_heart:

PS: @zen was answering @coffee_rules in that post you quoted.

I was merely pointing out that @zen may have missed the point that you wanted to bringup ...  You dont need to read more into it