[Report]Virat Kohli to skip ODI Series vs South Africa, BCCI denies the news

17 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I agree with that. I don't want any of these "seniors" taking part in bi-lateral limited over matches.

As you grow older your priorities change, Sachin was skipping many tournaments and series. Let Kohli skip the series what is the big deal.If he is protesting about him losing the captaincy then screw him tough luck, team is bigger than him.

So many kohli haters around but don't forget one thing he was the only one that turned up against Pakistan in the word cup game, the rest of the minnow bashers could not handle Shaheens new ball spell and had no clue against the wayward rauf and darter Imad. Kohli now is at the stage of his career where managing his workload is becomes important, Sachin missed many a series from 2007-11, Rohit to without being a established test batsman took breaks in between.

12 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

So many kohli haters around but don't forget one thing he was the only one that turned up against Pakistan in the word cup game, the rest of the minnow bashers could not handle Shaheens new ball spell and had no clue against the wayward rauf and darter Imad. Kohli now is at the stage of his career where managing his workload is becomes important, Sachin missed many a series from 2007-11, Rohit to without being a established test batsman took breaks in between.

Who is saying do not take break. BCCI did not object . Why playing in a silly bilateral or not  is such a big issue. 

45 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Who is saying do not take break. BCCI did not object . Why playing in a silly bilateral or not  is such a big issue. 

I think issue is more than playing in silly bilateral. Kohli is playing tantrums. Based on my experience, one thing I am certain, No one is irreplaceable in any sphere. Things moove on. Kohli should know this too. Who knows, someone among Gill, Shaw,Gaekwad, Agarwal , Jaisawal may rise to occasion and that would be it.

Edited by mishra
1 hour ago, Mesky99 said:

A guy who since 2019 WC, played every single LOI, including dead rubbers, batting mostly at his favourite position thus denying opportunities to younger players, suddenly wants to manage his workload after losing his LOI captaincy!

Please come up with better excuses

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Question for Kohli's paid PR jokers - why did Kohli not join the short camp and didn't report to the team hotel till yesterday night? Is he above Indian cricket?

Get a fricking life, you are not his employer. If BCCI has a problem with him not joining the camp they will say so.Stop with your utter nonsense and hatred.

25 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Get a fricking life, you are not his employer. If BCCI has a problem with him not joining the camp they will say so.Stop with your utter nonsense and hatred.

As a leader he should be first he got a good break no excuses with break. It’s what kind of example he will set. He is also not in the greatest of form. He hasn’t played a big knock in a while considering all the above he should be first person to report to camp.BCCI is employer but we are customers. We have equal rights to ask questions 

Edited by gattaca
12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

SQeLKeaBrxsEtndLF83fm-pHHVI_fz3FiupkoX-t

I accept that kohli and Rohit are not best buddies and captaincy change has hurt kohli.

Now Rohit wants best odi team so he is trying to patchup with showing white flag. How? By going gg ga in a media interview as how good and important kohli as a bat is and how brilliant a skipper he was and his role is pivotal.

Then news comes out that Rohit is injured which i am guessing , really means our Test skipper simply don’t want Rohit in test squad.(Long back i read Rohit saying how desperate he is to play tests and how he thinks test cricket is only arena to test a bat skill). 

Now next step, Kohli sees BCCI and Rohit has conceded to his BS of dropping Rohit. So he changes goalmpost again. next tantrum, he can’t play next odi series. 

11 minutes ago, mishra said:

I accept that kohli and Rohit are not best buddies and captaincy change has hurt kohli.

Now Rohit wants best odi team so he is trying to patchup with showing white flag. How? By going gg ga in a media interview as how good and important kohli as a bat is and how brilliant a skipper he was and his role is pivotal.

Then news comes out that Rohit is injured which i am guessing , really means our Test skipper simply don’t want Rohit in test squad.(Long back i read Rohit saying how desperate he is to play tests and how he thinks test cricket is only arena to test a bat skill). 

Now next step, Kohli sees BCCI and Rohit has conceded to his BS of dropping Rohit. So he changes goalmpost again. next tantrum, he can’t play next odi series. 

Deep 

So Rohit wants Kohli the ODI player. Kohli so angry he wants BCCI to concede. Such politics or impact of soap operas not sure. 

Sachin never did this. 

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Deep 

So Rohit wants Kohli the ODI player. Kohli so angry he wants BCCI to concede. Such politics or impact of soap operas not sure. 

Sachin never did this. 

I have my biases wrt Kohli Team India Rohit and various fact and media stories but sequence of the three news is pointing same. BCCI saying Kohli has NOT taken off in name of daughters bday is basically BCCI trying to manage Kohli manufactured crisis.

With this kind of attitude, Kar hli is not winning any more friends. If I was in Board room, I would have if not threatened, given hint of lawsuite against Kohli because BCCI needs to end this  madness.

PS: Sachin wasn’t PR created hero. He trusted and let his agent dral with financials and never looked at his earnings.

Edited by mishra
14 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Rohit vs Kohli before SA tour

Test team was asked to assemble in Mumbai for a short camp and then check into the team hotel latest by Sunday evening (12th December). After a 3 day quarantine as per covid protocols agreed with CSA, team will fly out to SA in a chartered flight on 16th December. Players were to take covid tests on everyday till departure.

Everyone other than Kohli checked in. Kohli hadn't checked till last night @neel roy says Kohli didn't join because of his wedding anniversary, which was on 11th December (Rohit's anniversary was on 13th December). Clear violation of pre-departure covid rules.  As per his childhood coach, his phone has been switched off since the team for SA series was announced. His negligence could put the entire SA tour in doubt (not serving 3 days of quarantine or 4 daily RTPCR tests pre departure). Today his PR has said he is in 'home quarantine'. Same privilege should have been given to Rohit, Rahane, Bumrah and any other player with a home in Mumbai

Rohit meanwhile gets hits on his fingers during team net practice on 13th December afternoon. Initial reports said he's out of the SA tour due to finger injury but BCCI official release says he's out due to his old hamstring issue resurfacing. No clarity on wether it's a strain or tear and whether he will be available for the ODIs.

On 14th December, media reports suggest Kohli has asked for rest from ODIs for his daughter's birthday.

In summary, with all my bias, Kohli didn't attend the short camp, didn't join the team bio bubble till 13th evening violating the covid protocols, has allegedly pulled out of ODIs and has been incommunicado since the team announcement.

Rohit got injured during team net practice and is out of the tests.

As of now, looking at all the reports, Kohli looks to be a bigger culprit than Rohit and should not be allowed on that flight to SA and sacked straightway from test captaincy. No more pandering to his ego like the BCCI did when Kumble was removed.

In Rohit's case, if the injury is indeed an excuse, he shouldn't be allowed to go to SA for the ODIs and stripped off his LOI captaincy.

assuming this is true, both these players are behaving very childishly and jeopardizing the team as a whole.