[Report]Virat Kohli to skip ODI Series vs South Africa, BCCI denies the news

14 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Rohit vs Kohli before SA tour

Test team was asked to assemble in Mumbai for a short camp and then check into the team hotel latest by Sunday evening (12th December). After a 3 day quarantine as per covid protocols agreed with CSA, team will fly out to SA in a chartered flight on 16th December. Players were to take covid tests on everyday till departure.

Everyone other than Kohli checked in. Kohli hadn't checked till last night @neel roy says Kohli didn't join because of his wedding anniversary, which was on 11th December (Rohit's anniversary was on 13th December). Clear violation of pre-departure covid rules.  As per his childhood coach, his phone has been switched off since the team for SA series was announced. His negligence could put the entire SA tour in doubt (not serving 3 days of quarantine or 4 daily RTPCR tests pre departure). Today his PR has said he is in 'home quarantine'. Same privilege should have been given to Rohit, Rahane, Bumrah and any other player with a home in Mumbai

Rohit meanwhile gets hits on his fingers during team net practice on 13th December afternoon. Initial reports said he's out of the SA tour due to finger injury but BCCI official release says he's out due to his old hamstring issue resurfacing. No clarity on wether it's a strain or tear and whether he will be available for the ODIs.

On 14th December, media reports suggest Kohli has asked for rest from ODIs for his daughter's birthday.

In summary, with all my bias, Kohli didn't attend the short camp, didn't join the team bio bubble till 13th evening violating the covid protocols, has allegedly pulled out of ODIs and has been incommunicado since the team announcement.

Rohit got injured during team net practice and is out of the tests.

As of now, looking at all the reports, Kohli looks to be a bigger culprit than Rohit and should not be allowed on that flight to SA and sacked straightway from test captaincy. No more pandering to his ego like the BCCI did when Kumble was removed.

In Rohit's case, if the injury is indeed an excuse, he shouldn't be allowed to go to SA for the ODIs and stripped off his LOI captaincy.

there is enough plausible deniability for him so that you won't really ever know the truth. it is the 2nd time in so many months that the BCCI has made an official statement related to him and then had to backtrack. he shouldn't even have played the 2nd test against Nzl imo.

LIVE: Virat Kohli Press Meet

"I was and I am available for selection all this time. You shouldn't be asking me these questions, you should ask those who are writing these stories and sources, they're not credible - I was always keen to play ODIs".

"I was informed that the 5 selectors have decided to go ahead without me as ODI captain and I was fine with that".

"I've always taken pride in batting at my best. While captaining the Limited Overs side, I've given my best. Nothing can bring a dip in my motivation".

"I was contacted 1.5 hours before selection committee meet. The chief selector discussed the Test team. Before ending the call the selectors told me I won't be ODI captain and I was fine.

Just now, poyzzplaidwell said:

there are so many tucchaa yellow journalists in India. Some Pakistani are are also hidden between the ranks.

No smoke without a fire. Even reputed agencies reported it..I have a feeling that it is Kohli probably wanted to avoid ODI series , but BCCI intervened to change his mind as this is setting the wrong precedent..Most probably he was pissed the way he has been sacked of ODI captaincy.

1 minute ago, urbestfriend said:

No smoke without a fire. Even reputed agencies reported it..I have a feeling that it is Kohli probably wanted to avoid ODI series , but BCCI intervened to change his mind as this is setting the wrong precedent..Most probably he was pissed the way he has been sacked of ODI captaincy.

I will believe Kohli and Rohit more then some random tuccha journalists, who will sell anything for 10 bucks.

Give it a rest now.

Rohit says no problem with Virat.

Virat says no problem with Rohit.

Aiwain hii sab log Gossip Aunties bante fir rahe hain.

14 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

Yeah right, he should just reply to wach and every 2 kaudi ka twitter handle and TOI. 

As I said all this was hogwash, spread around by some ghatiya journalists and then some mental patients on this forum wanted to take advantage of this situation. 

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Yeah right, he should just reply to wach and every 2 kaudi ka twitter handle and TOI. 

As I said all this was hogwash, spread around by some ghatiya journalists and then some mental patients on this forum wanted to take advantage of this situation. 

Much better than Digit dance and wrogn he tweets, at least should've avoided this rumour..Obviously cricket is not so important for your rockstar...

Just now, urbestfriend said:

Much better than Digit dance and wrogn he tweets, at least should've avoided this rumour..Obviously cricket is not so important for your rockstar...

Opinion of 2 kaudi je journalist is not important for the biggest cricketing superstar. 

If you think Kohli himself handles his Twitter account then you basically have zero knowledge about how these superstar handle their accounts. 

21 hours ago, gattaca said:

As a leader he should be first he got a good break no excuses with break. It’s what kind of example he will set. He is also not in the greatest of form. He hasn’t played a big knock in a while considering all the above he should be first person to report to camp.BCCI is employer but we are customers. We have equal rights to ask questions 

No you don't have right to question his whereabouts.You right to question his selection or form but when he shows up to the camp is none of your business.Do you know what he is doing , has he ever showed to any Indian match unfit.He is one of the fittest cricketers in Indian cricket. He has always given his 100% on the field.he has taken the fitness of this team to next level under his captaincy.

His is one of the greatest batsmen who has played for India and yes he is out of form and he also knows it.Cut him some slack.When in form he has carried this team.If you think he should be kicked out of the team that is fine too.But any sane selector knows he needs to be given time.

Edited by putrevus

Kohli's zero iq PR pimps think their paymaster doing a PC and speaking with an innocent face washes away all his sins. Real world is different. 

BCCI has a very easy route to block this egomaniac's travel to SA. He's not served the 3 day pre-tour institutional quarantine at the team hotel and hasn't taken daily RT PCR tests. He poses a risk to the entire team and should not be allowed to travel with them.

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

No you don't have right to question his whereabouts.You right to question his selection or form but when he shows up to the camp is none of your business.Do you know what he is doing , has he ever showed to any Indian match unfit.He is one of the fittest cricketers in Indian cricket. He has always given his 100% on the field.he has taken the fitness of this team to next level under his captaincy.

His is one of the greatest batsmen who has played for India and yes he is out of form and he also knows it.Cut him some slack.When in form he has carried this team.If you think he should be kicked out of the team that is fine too.But any sane selector knows he needs to be given time.

Being unfit is different than showing up on time. 100 pc on field is different than showing up for camp. Do you know how strict leagues around the world are for showing up on time for camps. If this duty for country it should be at least similar ? Again he is not in the greatest form haven’t made a big contribution in tests recently at least around this time he should show up on time. Looking at his recent statement he didn’t like Rohit being captain he said he wasn’t not given enough notice about that and came to know after selection test squad. I felt this is his way retaliation for taking captaincy away from him. No where I mentioned he should be kicked out of the team. I am just taking about discipline you have younger kids watching coming late to camp it will set a bad example.

Edited by gattaca
On 12/14/2021 at 12:56 PM, wanted_desi said:

- BCCI always denies the Reports, it is later true. 

- Ganguly is always known to be someone who flips flop on the statements in the past. You can't take his word. It reflects all the way to bottom in BCCI. 

I would believe Kohli over the BCCI for the simple reason that Kohli has more at risk. BCCI guys can say whatever they want and get away with it. Kohli risks the BCCI taking it out on him by taking a different position. He could have easily just gone along with what BCCI said on captaincy etc. But instead he took the risk because he wanted to call out BS when he saw it. Also there was no “drama” in his press conference. He answered the questions as they came along, said he accepted the decision and had no problems with Rohit. He didn’t complain about his treatment. He just gave his POV which was believable. Ganguly, Jay Shah, are much more seasoned politicians and can BS without consequence. Who are they accountable to anyway?

5 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

I would believe Kohli over the BCCI for the simple reason that Kohli has more at risk. BCCI guys can say whatever they want and get away with it. Kohli risks the BCCI taking it out on him by taking a different position. He could have easily just gone along with what BCCI said on captaincy etc. But instead he took the risk because he wanted to call out BS when he saw it. Also there was no “drama” in his press conference. He answered the questions as they came along, said he accepted the decision and had no problems with Rohit. He didn’t complain about his treatment. He just gave his POV which was believable. Ganguly, Jay Shah, are much more seasoned politicians and can BS without consequence. Who are they accountable to anyway?

Question is not about who said what. Question is, should Kohli continue as skip? Answer is No. So why does Kohli needs to do BS in public. The guy is repeat offender.

8 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

The biggest politician who has ruled Indian cricket with an iron fist is the guy whom you are defending. BCCI has tolerated his **** for far too long. About time he paid a price for his sins especially injustice to so many youngsters.

Talking of accountability, in which part of the world, a captain can retain his position after horrors of one ICC trophy after another in last 3 years. If BCCI was to make him accountable, he would have lost his captaincy 2 years back after the 2019 WC 

6 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The biggest politician who has ruled Indian cricket with an iron fist is the guy whom you are defending. BCCI has tolerated his **** for far too long. About time he paid a price for his sins especially injustice to so many youngsters.

Talking of accountability, in which part of the world, a captain can retain his position after horrors of one ICC trophy after another in last 3 years. If BCCI was to make him accountable, he would have lost his captaincy 2 years back after the 2019 WC 

Wait a minute. The BCCI has the ultimate power i.e. to select or not to select. What is Kohli’s leverage? Also, speaking of political chops. Do you think Jay Shah would be sitting where he is without his lineage to one of the most powerful people of India? Do you think Ganguly got to his spot without political savvy? Chappell tried to play with him. Chappell’s reputation was done at the end. Since then he has worked with TMC in Bengal, BJP, people in BCCI to reach where he is. And then there is the basic question, who has the most to lose in a disagreement? There is no contest. Kohli has the most at risk here.