Intermittent fasting, time restricted eating For Ketosis(fat burning), Autophagy, growth harmones, gut lining repair

randomGuy

23 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I have tried eating without rice or sometimes less rice. Didn't have a migraine. It looks more like I didn't soak the flourettes in water for a while before cooking them. It seems there are minute germs over the flourettes with a brown/black color which goes away after soaking. Rinsing with water wasnt enough as I found out to my detriment.

Am not that crazy about cooking dude. For me its like a job that you need to do maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have made a decision that cauli rice is not for me. I already know the blade processor will rust in my kitchen :p: It maybe a good idea for others but definitely not for me.

Dude wtf you can't make cauli rice without food processor :phehe: how do you differentiate between shallow fried cauliflower and cauliflower rice. The whole idea is to get that rice texture from something else which is not carb based basically. But yes its a whole lot of pain. So basically if you want to make cauli rice you need some form of food processor or use some mixie with very poor blunt blade lol. 

Just now, Vilander said:

Dude wtf you can't make cauli rice without food processor :phehe: how do you differentiate between shallow fried cauliflower and cauliflower rice. The whole idea is to get that rice texture from something else which is not carb based basically. But yes its a whole lot of pain. So basically if you want to make cauli rice you need some form of food processor or use some mixie with very poor blunt blade lol. 

I used a grater. forgot to mention that part. Now I know why you were confused about me tossing them in the pan. Yes I used the good old fashoined grater to get the fine texture and fried them on the pan. Yeah its a pain. I can do it still but the experience has made me once bitten twice shy

I have lost 2 kgs since the last time I posted here which was 2 months ago. I was within the normal BMI but much better now as its below 23. Not a bad ROI on this fasting regimen. I'm on a 18-6 two meals regimen. I tried OMAD twice a week ago.

The first time I planned to skip the lunch but ended up having the dinner an hour earlier. This is because I could feel my nor(adrenalin) was getting higher and I didn't want to feel too uncomfortable.

A few days later, I tried it again. I didn't have such effects this time only hunger pangs and ate dinner on time but I broke the fast with normal dinner which I wolfed it because I was hungry. This time, I had an urge to sleep within minutes after eating. That was odd. What was more odd was I ended up waking half an hour later in a state of panic of why I slept and without knowing what time it was. I don't know if it was the OMAD or my own sense of panic but my heart was racing for a few seconds.

I was looking at the refeeding syndrome for longer fasts (3 days or more) that same day. I could have had a mild version of that. I made a mental note to take it easy from that day forward and I'm back to 2 meals a day. Next time, I will break the fast with something light like a broth or ghee.

Anybody had any similar experiences. @Prakat@kepler37b you guys are/were the ones doing the more intense IF. Can you tell us what you know about the refeeding syndrome. Many fasts done by religious people incorporate how to break fasts which many of us have to relearn

33 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I have lost 2 kgs since the last time I posted here which was 2 months ago. I was within the normal BMI but much better now as its below 23. Not a bad ROI on this fasting regimen. I'm on a 18-6 two meals regimen. I tried OMAD twice a week ago.

The first time I planned to skip the lunch but ended up having the dinner an hour earlier. This is because I could feel my nor(adrenalin) was getting higher and I didn't want to feel too uncomfortable.

A few days later, I tried it again. I didn't have such effects this time only hunger pangs and ate dinner on time but I broke the fast with normal dinner which I wolfed it because I was hungry. This time, I had an urge to sleep within minutes after eating. That was odd. What was more odd was I ended up waking half an hour later in a state of panic of why I slept and without knowing what time it was. I don't know if it was the OMAD or my own sense of panic but my heart was racing for a few seconds.

I was looking at the refeeding syndrome for longer fasts (3 days or more) that same day. I could have had a mild version of that. I made a mental note to take it easy from that day forward and I'm back to 2 meals a day. Next time, I will break the fast with something light like a broth or ghee.

Anybody had any similar experiences. @Prakat@kepler37b you guys are/were the ones doing the more intense IF. Can you tell us what you know about the refeeding syndrome. Many fasts done by religious people incorporate how to break fasts which many of us have to relearn

When i do excess refeeding, i would have a severe bloating and headache.

btw, i did not do any IF. i did a 3 day fast and fast every weekend.

27 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

When i do excess refeeding, i would have a severe bloating and headache.

btw, i did not do any IF. i did a 3 day fast and fast every weekend.

good to learn from your experiences. I did not eat in excess just ate in a hurry. Maybe it was psychological but what followed was strange. Do you still do the 3 day fast every week or it was a phase to cut down your weight. The longest I have personally seen is a 36 hour fast by one of my roommates in college. He did one every week

55 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

good to learn from your experiences. I did not eat in excess just ate in a hurry. Maybe it was psychological but what followed was strange. Do you still do the 3 day fast every week or it was a phase to cut down your weight. The longest I have personally seen is a 36 hour fast by one of my roommates in college. He did one every week

Post covid I am limiting myself to 36 hour fast starting from Saturday 7PM. 

I really want to do a 5 day fast, and I can pull it off. But my family is dead against that :(

8 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Congratulations on losing excess weight!

18-6 is a good IF style to start with. You can gradually increment the fasting period every two weeks if you like.

Feeling drowsy right after eating either might be because you either had a heavy meal and were already tired OR you had a high-carb meal and indicates that your body might be pre-diabetic. You should get your HbA1C tested for a start. Yes, i've woken up from such a post-meal nap  before i started Keto and IF. with that strange feeling of why did I fall asleep like that! I've only done IF and fasting while on keto so apart from my own mental barriers i didn't have any physiological symptoms to even longer fasts. (On keto i'm on fat-burning mode, so when the body runs out of food to burn it uses the stored fats in my body. I've literally woken up feeling like someone has surgically removed a strip of fat from my midriff!)

When i break a 3 day fast for instance I know that my throat muscles act like they don't know how to swallow for the first few seconds and if i start with solid food it feels like i'm going to puke the first few bites. So yeah, breaking your fast with light nourishment is a good idea.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:38 AM, Prakat said:

Congratulations on losing excess weight!

18-6 is a good IF style to start with. You can gradually increment the fasting period every two weeks if you like.

Feeling drowsy right after eating either might be because you either had a heavy meal and were already tired OR you had a high-carb meal and indicates that your body might be pre-diabetic. You should get your HbA1C tested for a start. Yes, i've woken up from such a post-meal nap  before i started Keto and IF. with that strange feeling of why did I fall asleep like that! I've only done IF and fasting while on keto so apart from my own mental barriers i didn't have any physiological symptoms to even longer fasts. (On keto i'm on fat-burning mode, so when the body runs out of food to burn it uses the stored fats in my body. I've literally woken up feeling like someone has surgically removed a strip of fat from my midriff!)

When i break a 3 day fast for instance I know that my throat muscles act like they don't know how to swallow for the first few seconds and if i start with solid food it feels like i'm going to puke the first few bites. So yeah, breaking your fast with light nourishment is a good idea.

I tried OMAD yesterday. This time I ate a pre-meal (a portion of the meal that I ate later on) to break the fast and proceeded with the regular meal a 15-30 minutes later. I also lessened my carb load this time and ate slowly :nice:

I checked my weight. It was a kilo lesser than 2 days ago :shock: Can anybody attest to such radical weight loss or am I missing something. Maybe I should give OMAD some rest for a while and try it once a month or so. OMAD makes my body MAD and lose weight quickly.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I checked my weight. It was a kilo lesser than 2 days ago :shock: Can anybody attest to such radical weight loss or am I missing something. Maybe I should give OMAD some rest for a while and try it once a month or so. OMAD makes my body MAD and lose weight quickly.

You may have lost some water weight that you were retaining earlier. as you're fasting your body may have evacuated some of that. go back to your regular eating habits and you'll add that back just as quickly.

Couple of more caveats to being concerned about rapid weight gain/loss:

if you weight 45kgs 1kg is a lot. Not so much if you're 90kgs. If you're a male such minor fluctuations are immaterial.

15 hours ago, Prakat said:

You may have lost some water weight that you were retaining earlier. as you're fasting your body may have evacuated some of that. go back to your regular eating habits and you'll add that back just as quickly.

Couple of more caveats to being concerned about rapid weight gain/loss:

if you weight 45kgs 1kg is a lot. Not so much if you're 90kgs. If you're a male such minor fluctuations are immaterial.

I don't want them back :--D I'm not overweight in any sense but want the bmi around 21. In south asians, 23 is the cutoff for overweight category not 25 as previously believed. I'm about 22+ right now. I'm more than happy the weight got reduced but was alarmed by the rate. I will be going back to time restricted eating 18-6 :nice: