BRAHMĀSTRA Part One: Shiva

poyzzplaidwell

1 hour ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

I will be good see sages, gods and divine weapons represented in the movies!

Is UrduWood coming around after Success of Pan India South Indian movies.

I am actually more eager about ashwathama since i have read the book immortal and offcourse movie on legendary king suhaildev passi,how will vicky kaushal portray drauneya ,the one of the ashta chirenjeevi's in modern time i am curious to see,the thing with both ramayana and mahabharata is u need a huge amount of money to ahow this on big screen,something even huge hollywood studios will thibk twice,james cameron in an interview stated that,if he has to make movie on ramayana and mahabharata ,he will have to wait or think twice as the budget of one movie will far exceed avatar plus it has to be a lot more time consuming, coz it has to be a nothing ahort of spectacle,devo ke dev mahadev for all it research ,it took 3 yrs just for the material to be ready and its a tv serial,for a combined ramayana series u need atleast 7-10 yrs  and for mahabharata atleast 12-15 yrs and thats minimum u cant just show ramayana in 3-4 parts.

24 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

I am actually more eager about ashwathama since i have read the book immortal and offcourse movie on legendary king suhaildev passi,how will vicky kaushal portray drauneya ,the one of the ashta chirenjeevi's in modern time i am curious to see,the thing with both ramayana and mahabharata is u need a huge amount of money to ahow this on big screen,something even huge hollywood studios will thibk twice,james cameron in an interview stated that,if he has to make movie on ramayana and mahabharata ,he will have to wait or think twice as the budget of one movie will far exceed avatar plus it has to be a lot more time consuming, coz it has to be a nothing ahort of spectacle,devo ke dev mahadev for all it research ,it took 3 yrs just for the material to be ready and its a tv serial,for a combined ramayana series u need atleast 7-10 yrs  and for mahabharata atleast 12-15 yrs and thats minimum u cant just show ramayana in 3-4 parts.

One of the best movie on Ramayana I have seen is the below one. I have seen this 6 times till now. Both in Hindi and English.

4 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Japanese did a better job with our mythology than we did. Third rate dynasts of Bollywood will only damage. 

Yeah. They talk about diversity nonsense but have a single agenda.

I mean they don't event present Sikhism and Sikh culture in a good way. No Turban wearing actors even.

Dosanjh tried to break in and now he is sidelined as well.

9 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

I think Suhaldev is work of fiction & his story is actually a myth.  Historians have not found any actual evidence of him or his battle & the one he fought against also never existed. 

Stories on Bappa Raval of Rajasthan & King Lalitaditya of Kashmir can be adapted into killer movies as both were only two kings who stopped Arab Advance in north India & had legendary battles...  Especially Lalitaditya the one who build famous Shiv Martand temple in Kashmir. 

Mahabharata is finest & top tier work in Indian legends...  And would obviously make a amazing spectacle if handled rightly & big bucks are involved 

6 hours ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

Yeah. They talk about diversity nonsense but have a single agenda.

I mean they don't event present Sikhism and Sikh culture in a good way. No Turban wearing actors even.

Dosanjh tried to break in and now he is sidelined as well.

Dosanjh had a chunky role in Udta Punjab. He's made it into the big league as a singer more than an actor.

There are many instances where the protagonist is wearing a turban. From the top of my mind:

Sunny Deol in Border, Gadar

Dharmendra in Jeevan Mrityu 

Ranbir Kapoor in Rocket Singh Salesman of the Year

Ajay Devgan in The Legend of Bhagat Singh, Son of Sardar

Akshay Kumar in Singh is King, Kesari

Salman Khan in Antim.

Saif Ali Khan in Love Aaj Kal/ Sacred Games

Farhan Akhtar in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag

Don't think any of these characters were demeaning or meant to portray Sikhs in a bad light.

41 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Wasn't Pashupathiastra countered by Laxmana in his battle with Meghnada..  Perhaps not the GOAT weapon in Hindu texts:dontknow:

what i meant is , if ranbir ll be shown as shiva , then its apt to name the caption with something related to Pashupathiastra 

All three were the supreme weapons of the Trinity. Each can baffle the other if invoked against the other. Lord Krishna had neutralized Pashupatastra using Narayanastra. And Lakshman had neutralized Pashupatastra of meghnad using Brahmastra. The only thing here is that the wielder needs to be worthy enough. An unworthy wielder won't be able to destroy Brahmastra with Pashupatastra, Narayanastra with Brahmastra, Pashupatastra with Brahmastra vice versa.

google :giggle:

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think Suhaldev is work of fiction & his story is actually a myth.  Historians have not found any actual evidence of him or his battle & the one he fought against also never existed. 

Stories on Bappa Raval of Rajasthan & King Lalitaditya of Kashmir can be adapted into killer movies as both were only two kings who stopped Arab Advance in north India & had legendary battles...  Especially Lalitaditya the one who build famous Shiv Martand temple in Kashmir. 

Mahabharata is finest & top tier work in Indian legends...  And would obviously make a amazing spectacle if handled rightly & big bucks are involved 

https://www.bookindex.in/who-is-king-suheldev/

1 hour ago, velu said:

why brahmastra , it should have been pashupathiastra or something related to shivas weapon :dontknow:

Astra of lord brahma: brahmastra ,brahmashira astra,brahma danda(which is the most powerful divine weapon).

Astras of lord Vishnu : narayanastra,vaishnavastra,mohinistra,ramastra,bhargavastra, sudarshana.

Astras of lord shiva : vijay trishul,pashupatastra,shaivastra ,rudrastra ,maheshvarastra,nagastra ,nagapaash, maheshwar chakra

43 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

I've heard about the book but even writer has said his source is mostly tales & urban legends.  The fact that their is big question mark of Salar Masud's existence & Gazni's forces never ventured into UP or near Bahraich...  The battle site.  

Also the book mentions the numbers of This Gazi's army in 100,000 which is as unrealistic as it comes.  Mongol empire with all his Khanates has 200,000 strong infantry & Gazni was a small time Afghan ruler. 

Bin Qasim entered India with a Army of round about 10k...  Alexander with 25k...  That's the max an invading army can muster through Khyber & subsequent river crossings.  Ghori had 10-15 k troops in battle with Prthviraj. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

14 hours ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

I will be good see sages, gods and divine weapons represented in the movies!

Is UrduWood coming around after Success of Pan India South Indian movies.

Yep. It took south India to rescue sellout Bollywood from muzzy culture. Heartening to see. Back in 90 s and 2000 all movie and language in Bollywood is like muzzy. Hopefully Bollywood keeps making good movies. Bollywood can never reach scale of south anytime soon like rajamouli etc. But definitely Bollywood is giving some better outputs of late like sardar uddam. Hope it continues. Jai Hind.

Edited by Reddysaab

20 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Ashwatthama is shelved.

17 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I've heard about the book but even writer has said his source is mostly tales & urban legends.  The fact that their is big question mark of Salar Masud's existence & Gazni's forces never ventured into UP or near Bahraich...  The battle site.  

Also the book mentions the numbers of This Gazi's army in 100,000 which is as unrealistic as it comes.  Mongol empire with all his Khanates has 200,000 strong infantry & Gazni was a small time Afghan ruler. 

Bin Qasim entered India with a Army of round about 10k...  Alexander with 25k...  That's the max an invading army can muster through Khyber & subsequent river crossings.  Ghori had 10-15 k troops in battle with Prthviraj. 

There is a dargah in up called Gazi baba ki dargah which is the dargah of salar maqsood