BRAHMĀSTRA Part One: Shiva

poyzzplaidwell

Just now, rkt.india said:

My gripe with Brahmastra is poor dialogues. Koi acha dialogue writer le lete bhai itne paise kharch kiye they to. If I can talk to Ayan, this is the first thing I would want to ask kya bhai tumne dialogue nahi padhe kya likhe hain usne. Voiceover and dialogues very poorly written. Senseless. 

The best thing in the film is the song Rasiya in the climax. 

Most of the dialogues were written in 2013. Ranbir was always a shoe-in for this role. He was a decade younger then and could have uttered these teeny dialogues without it looking stupid.

Aalia Bhatt wasn't decided on when the dialogues were written. The shooting started sometime in 2018.

29 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Brahmastra review:

Totally Dharmic movie. The BGM is very kirtan/bhajan like and they would blare "Deva Deva" at regular intervals exposing me to constant shirk.

Dialogues in Sanskritized Hindi which no one speaks today. Or understands. Basically the language was just a sly attempt to dilute our belief in Tawheed. 

Ayan made the movie to appease the majority, moving away from the secular ethos of Bollywood. Many years from now, in Literature classes,  Ayan's comprise to make this movie will be given for an example of a Faustian bargain.

All Muslims must boycott this movie at all costs. Pay back the boycott brigade in their currency of choice.

Dialogues writer aapka Hussein Dalal hai. 

This delusional Frankenstein's monster will be off screens by 30th Sept. 

Astraverse = derived from the MCDC nonsense clearly aimed at middle class urban families with kids.

problem = bollywood's traditional market isn't plugged in to the MCDC world.

Mouni Roy as Antagonist = Cast simply because producers thought it would resonate with Naagin fans (middle and working class women urban and rural)

problem = adding vadapav in Doi Mach doesn't mean Maharashtrians will like it.

Critical disconnect right here with Protagonists derived from a completely different reference point to the Antagonist.

Amitabh because Bollywood clearly takes about ten years to correct after the market has moved on.

problem = see above

Nagarjuna laughing his ass off to the bank because KJoker thinks Telugu audiences will watch a Hindi movie because he's in it. Like wow, humara banda in Baallywood movie ante! What an amaze!

problem = ditto

Love Story because love story always werks you know!

problem = not like this

A mela of a movie that would barely have made a value proposition for someone buying tickets for entertainment-starved families in the '80s that were forced to go out together for movies as a family outing.

7 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Totally agree, growing up in Bengaluru, I remember going to a yesteryear Kannada actor the late Dr. Raj Kumar movie with my neighbor's family, I was in 5TH Standard wonly at that time :winky:

When the movie started & the face of Dr. Raj Kumar appeared on screen....it was a deafening whistle fest in the auditorium. Then the movie was paused, after that a group of fans emerged with a Pooja Thali & ghanti.... The matinee idol was literally prayed for a few minutes & then everything went back to normal.

Outside the Cinema hall was at least a 30ft painted cutout of Dr. Raj Kumar. 

It was an amazing experience.

I grew up in Bengaluru , but never seen this pausing of movie and doing aarthi. It would usually be whistle barrage, rain of chillar on the screen and of course the huge cutouts. There used to be cutouts of Amitabh Bacchan as well. 
This kind of celebs also very common 

Also, the stars are usually humble towards their fans. Rajkumar used to call his Abhimani (fan) as Devru (god). 

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Most of the dialogues were written in 2013. Ranbir was always a shoe-in for this role. He was a decade younger then and could have uttered these teeny dialogues without it looking stupid.

Aalia Bhatt wasn't decided on when the dialogues were written. The shooting started sometime in 2018.

Script went through complete transformation between 2013 to 2019 period. The film was supposed to be released in 2019 but due to incomplete vfx, it got delayed and then pandemic delayed it more. It was initially something else then became Brahmastra in 2017.

46 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I saw the 4pm show yesterday. The theatre was packed. In spite of the bigger visarjans starting around the time the movie would end.

Not really tracking numbers, but I hear its done well so far.

if it does well then good for them. however the odds are stacked against it (just posted above why i think so).

Now for the important question - after watching the movie what do you think will carry it?

4 minutes ago, Prakat said:

Astraverse = derived from the MCDC nonsense clearly aimed at middle class urban families with kids.

Mouni Roy as Antagonist = Cast simply because producers thought it would resonate with Naagin fans (middle and working class women urban and rural)

Critical disconnect right here with Protagonists derived from a completely different reference point to the Antagonist.

Amitabh because Bollywood clearly takes about ten years to correct after the market has moved on.

problem = see above

Nagarjuna laughing his ass off to the bank because KJoker thinks Telugu audiences will watch a Hindi movie because he's in it. Like wow, humara banda in Baallywood movie ante! What an amaze!

problem = ditto

problem = not like this

A mela of a movie that would barely have made a value proposition for someone buying tickets for entertainment-starved families in the '80s that were forced to go out together for movies as a family outing.

Bhai 3 weeks to aajkal koi bhi film nahi tikti cinemas me. Regarding Nagarjun it became highest Hindi grosser day 1 in Telugu land leaving Dhoom 3 behind.

3 minutes ago, Prakat said:

if it does well then good for them. however the odds are stacked against it (just posted above why i think so).

Now for the important question - after watching the movie what do you think will carry it?

75 cr day one world wide. 38 cr Hindi version and Saturday is estimated even bigger.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

75 cr day one world wide. 38 cr Hindi version and Saturday is estimated even bigger.

Bigger question is what happens on Monday as pvr and inox shares have tanked also reports coming in that fox can wind up its india operations 

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Brahmastra review:

Totally Dharmic movie. The BGM is very kirtan/bhajan like and they would blare "Deva Deva" at regular intervals exposing me to constant shirk.

Dialogues in Sanskritized Hindi which no one speaks today. Or understands. Basically the language was just a sly attempt to dilute our belief in Tawheed. 

Ayan made the movie to appease the majority, moving away from the secular ethos of Bollywood. Many years from now, in Literature classes,  Ayan's comprise to make this movie will be given for an example of a Faustian bargain.

All Muslims must boycott this movie at all costs. Pay back the boycott brigade in their currency of choice.

main bhi picture dekhne ke baad boycott karunga 

9 hours ago, Prakat said:

problem = see above

problem = ditto

problem = not like this

Achanak mujhe taran adarsh intelligent lagne laga 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03