BRAHMĀSTRA Part One: Shiva

poyzzplaidwell

On 9/10/2022 at 4:55 PM, Prakat said:

if it does well then good for them. however the odds are stacked against it (just posted above why i think so).

Now for the important question - after watching the movie what do you think will carry it?

It will carry.

My intuition is that the movie has been intentionally dumbed down. Hence the longer than necessary expositions. The producers want the parents to take their kids along. And these kids would be the intended market of all movies from the franchise for the next decade odd.

I wouldn't want to look at this as a stand alone movie. Due props to Ayan for trying something of this nature, where he is looking at capturing eyeballs of an entire generation.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

It will carry.

My intuition is that the movie has been intentionally dumbed down. Hence the longer than necessary expositions. The producers want the parents to take their kids along. And these kids would be the intended market of all movies from the franchise for the next decade odd.

I wouldn't want to look at this as a stand alone movie. Due props to Ayan for trying something of this nature, where he is looking at capturing eyeballs of an entire generation.

I had the same feeling when Devdas was released and watched it too. Felt it was a bad attempt to remake a classic that Dilip sahab had immortalized. Eventually it was a hit because of the gaudy sets, expensive costumes, grand dialogbaazi and little for acting performance. Maybe the target of this movie is a 12 year old hence the dumbing down of dialogues makes sense. Not that there is anything wrong with it. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

All from advance booking. Test is on Monday. It will need more than 450 cr to break even

probably do 20 cr on Monday which will be great if it happens. Kgf2 Monday was 25 cr. 

Edited by rkt.india

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

I had the same feeling when Devdas was released and watched it too. Felt it was a bad attempt to remake a classic that Dilip sahab had immortalized. Eventually it was a hit because of the gaudy sets, expensive costumes, grand dialogbaazi and little for acting performance. Maybe the target of this movie is a 12 year old hence the dumbing down of dialogues makes sense. Not that there is anything wrong with it. 

Acting in SLB's Devdas was top notch! What are you talking about?

In fact Dilip Kumar's portrayal of Devdas was very caricature like. Leave aside Dialogue delivery, where Dilip Kumar excelled, his portrayal of an angst filled young man at war with himself was very unconvincing. SRK did very well in that role. emoted through his eyes.

21 minutes ago, Lord said:

Movie was initially 'Dragon' with main character being 'Rumi'

all changed :((

Initial script was different. Here in this dialogue dragon indicates towards his connection with fire because dragon spits fire. He at that point could use fire but not make or create his own fire.

26 minutes ago, Lord said:

These things are part of creativity. You start something else but things changes with new ideas and it becomes something else. Brahmastra was initially slated to release August 2019. But it kept getting delayed.

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/amp/news/bollywood/breaking-ranbir-kapoor-alia-bhatt-amitabh-bachchans-brahmastra-release-august-15-2019/

https://www.zoomtventertainment.com/bollywood/what-took-brahmastra-so-long-to-release-timeline-of-alia-bhatt-ranbir-kapoors-film-bollywood-news-entertainment-news-article-94011651/amp

Edited by rkt.india

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Initial script was different. Here in this dialogue dragon indicates towards his connection with fire because dragon spits fire. He at that point could use fire but not make or create his own fire.

that might have been the script :dontknow:

Doubt it'd been lot different. 

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

These things are part of creativity. You start something else but things changes with new ideas and it becomes something else. Brahmastra was initially slated to release August 2019.

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/amp/news/bollywood/breaking-ranbir-kapoor-alia-bhatt-amitabh-bachchans-brahmastra-release-august-15-2019/

That's just pandemic effect. They'd wanted a theatrical release plus shooting would have got held up.