BRAHMĀSTRA Part One: Shiva

poyzzplaidwell

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

They are cat

ering to an audience of theirs however low on quality their work is. They are doing it because of a market. Even big stars attend the talk shows of Komal Nahata or Rajeev Masand and give their films promotion. 

I know they are catering but my question why is audience following them...........they have no sense of cinema and they have been so wrong of box office to 

Just see how wrong this guy is - all movies were rejected by audience 

FcMWcMeacAUnB5V?format=jpg&name=large

FcMWn82acAA-hcf?format=jpg&name=large

FcMW4EHaMAEnl-H?format=jpg&name=large

FcMXe0GaUAIODyR?format=jpg&name=large

FcMYXtFaMAA3ics?format=jpg&name=large

FcMY0MpakAAvENw?format=jpg&name=large

FcMbYD_acAAftKZ?format=jpg&name=large

FcMbZVrakAABTCU?format=jpg&name=large

FcMbaFSaUAE49TY?format=jpg&name=large

FcMba7laIAMzxbm?format=jpg&name=large

FcMZyo3acAEKNqY?format=jpg&name=large

FcMcbeLaAAI9Hnk?format=jpg&name=large

FcMWQPgaIAAkIwD?format=jpg&name=large

i can go on on 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

TFS. Yes his narrative lets me decide that I will watch the movie in my home theater, not gonna spend on quirky dialogues, inane emotional love story even with dazzling SFX. The experience will not be worth it.

yea thats the job of critic to break it down and the leave it to audience to choose if they wanna waste their money or not, this guy explains it in easy language
bardwaj sees it more at a deeper level coz he understands it at different level 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

What is Film Companion’s review? Most probably 5/5. Most relevant for me is Taran Adarsh’s

But how can it be 5 without secular representation ? Also fc writers usually hate anything that have hindu undertones. Nambi apparently disturbed the writer because the lead prayed to a Hindu God occasionally and had the suprabatham in the beginning

9 hours ago, maniac said:

Make @Ankit_sharma03 the director as he works in Bollywood. Based on his cricket acumen, he will find better tailunts :two_thumbs_up:

these nepo kids and filmmakers are destroying movies.

i have no issues with nepo kids- best of the talent have come from film families

Its not that trash doesnt come from outside , talent shud been seen not surname 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i have no issues with nepo kids- best of the talent have come from film families

Its not that trash doesnt come from outside , talent shud been seen not surname 

Wrong. Best of the talent comes from outside and they are relegated to playing character actors. The star kids produce stars where some have worked and some haven't. You don't need talent in acting, you need genes, looks, physical fitness, gossips . affairs, grapevine and yellow journalism hits to be in the business. 

Wrong. Best of the talent comes from outside and they are relegated to playing character actors.

Thats generalizing ?? yes % is high but nepotism is every where 

John abrahim is a bad actor who comes from outside

If sara ali khan, ananya pandey cant act so cant outsiders like disha patani or tara sutaria

Nepotism has given great products from Raj kapoor to Ranbir kapoor

SRK, Akshay were an outsider who were launched to ayushman khurana, its not easy but its not impossible 

Vicky kaushal was from film family but had to struggle door to door 

These outsider when they become big will end up launching their sons only so they themselves are part of this circle . 

Also nepotism doesn't exist just in Bollywood go check Telugu industry . ..................generations of nepotism 

The star kids produce stars where some have worked and some haven't. You don't need talent in acting, you need genes, looks, physical fitness, gossips . affairs, grapevine and yellow journalism hits to be in the business. 

so dont father transfer companies to their sons ?? 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Wrong. Best of the talent comes from outside and they are relegated to playing character actors. The star kids produce stars where some have worked and some haven't. You don't need talent in acting, you need genes, looks, physical fitness, gossips . affairs, grapevine and yellow journalism hits to be in the business. 

aur itna problem hai to jaake independent filmen dekho saara din nepotism product ko gaali dene ke baajaye . 

Reality is you guys will not watch independent cinema but will waste hours on how bad Ananaya pandey acts . 

Audience themselves is hypocrite nothing else- if not how come more ppl went to see student of the year then gangs of wasseypur which gave platform to many talent

How many have seen c/o of kancharapalem vs RRR (which has most products of nepotism ) ?

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

But how can it be 5 without secular representation ? Also fc writers usually hate anything that have hindu undertones. Nambi apparently disturbed the writer because the lead prayed to a Hindu God occasionally and had the suprabatham in the beginning

Yes, she shows her liberal secular ideology openly (liberal ignore other communals other than Hinduism). She never questioned the historical correctness of movies like Jodha Akbar, and other secular films  but questioned Saif that how come being a Historian (her own words), he agreed to work in Tanhaji as according to her , it is historically false. It might very well be, but for others she calls it artistic freedom!  

Even in her review, she does some softening of critique, like childish diaglogues as called by the other reviewer that @Ankit_sharma03 shared, she calls it contemporary. And she also says it works partly. How can a dialogue like "Isko On karne ke liye, andar se On hona zaroori hain!" work in any way? She shows her knowledge of western contemporary movies like Avengers, Starwars etc, but for the philosophy behind the movie plot (Astra), she calls it native and pracheen! Nothing is given in specifics and says the audience will also not understand. Was there any attempt to understand the movie philosphy ? She praises looks (very superficial), but very little about how Alia's part is ignored (as per the other reviewer). 

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thats generalizing ?? yes % is high but nepotism is every where 

John abrahim is a bad actor who comes from outside

If sara ali khan, ananya pandey cant act so cant outsiders like disha patani or tara sutaria

Nepotism has given great products from Raj kapoor to Ranbir kapoor

SRK, Akshay were an outsider who were launched to ayushman khurana, its not easy but its not impossible 

SRK's mom was very influential (just like AB Sr.'s) He struggled initially, but he might have got initial  breaks because of the connections. Even all outsiders come from influential familieses, fashion world or miss India type contests. Juhi Chawla was a Miss India, I reckon. 

Vicky kaushal was from film family but had to struggle door to door 

These outsider when they become big will end up launching their sons only so they themselves are part of this circle . 

Also nepotism doesn't exist just in Bollywood go check Telugu industry . ..................generations of nepotism 

Agree whole heartedly, and they also have caste-based fan following. So father's fans get transferred to sons. Initial collections are all from fans. Worst system compared to Bwood. You called it fan loyalty which is missing in Bwood.

so dont father transfer companies to their sons ?? 

So, the same way, if they are not talented, they will lose business. But usually big corporates continue to grow because of capitalism. There nepo is not impactful. Cyris Mistry (Om Shanti!) couldn't break the stranglehold of the Ratan Tatas. How does it affect the common man? Common man invests in the movie tickets and gets burnt.  

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

aur itna problem hai to jaake independent filmen dekho saara din nepotism product ko gaali dene ke baajaye . 

Reality is you guys will not watch independent cinema but will waste hours on how bad Ananaya pandey acts . 

Audience themselves is hypocrite nothing else- if not how come more ppl went to see student of the year then gangs of wasseypur which gave platform to many talent

How many have seen c/o of kancharapalem vs RRR (which has most products of nepotism ) ?

I didn't say all nepo products are not worth their salt, but majority of them. I give gaalis when worthless people are praised. I have not watched stars' movies in theatre after PK (except Dangal after WoM).  Without nepo there is no business in Bollywood and all over India too (I am not singling out South Industries). Investors put money behind stars and their kid as that is the system that it has followed since the 50s. Kapoor and Sons, Dev Anand and sons, etc. Who will want to watch the movie with RRRajkumar playing a super-hero? I would never watch SoTD even on OTT (but mock the makings of it, Ishqwala pyaar!). So, why do I don't have the right to mock them? GoW is a cult hit and would watch any time. Just that, it never got released in theatres over here. I thimk all this talk of nepo is mainstreamed after Kangana said it on KwK show. 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sabse bada BKL hai wo , usse acha KRK hai 

Never take these names srsly- taran adarsh, komal nahata, rohit jaiswal, sumit kadel....................they have no iota of sense of film making . 

Taran Adarsh ne satyamev jayate 2 ko 3.5 stars diya tha. 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Their reviews will reflect the pulse of the audience. You can gauge a movie will be hit or flop based on their reviews. I am not saying they are intellectuals like Baradwaj Rangan or Anupama Chopra. BR , I find him too earnest and will show and tell more than what even the makers intended to. AC is just a faux reviewer, liberal hypocrisy unlimited. 

Anupama Chopra doesn't do film review anymore. 

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Taran Adarsh ne satyamev jayate 2 ko 3.5 stars diya tha. 

yes so anyone who takes him srsly shud watch satyamev jayate 2.......

he gave devdas 1 star- was a huge hit (though i didnt like it, but we are talking about him catching the pulse)

Gave dil chahta hai 2 stars (went on to become a cult) 

chak de india 2 star - again was a big hit 

Taran Adarsh used to report BO earnings in the 90s, and switched to reviews that were initially audience driven. He used to praise Govinda movies while movie critics in newspapers used to trash them with their sophisticated "critic" courses from phoren. He was probably the owner of Hungama.com or he started his reviews from there , giving out audience reviews. I have not followed his reviews in the last few years

SRK's mom was very influential (just like AB Sr.'s) He struggled initially, but he might have got initial  breaks because of the connections. Even all outsiders come from influential familieses, fashion world or miss India type contests. Juhi Chawla was a Miss India, I reckon. 

Aise to bahut logo ke baithe hai- politicons , businessman ..................that they can even finance that film for their own kids and many do too

Its not that easy 

Agree whole heartedly, and they also have caste-based fan following. So father's fans get transferred to sons. Initial collections are all from fans. Worst system compared to Bwood. You called it fan loyalty which is missing in Bwood.

Not bollywood , hindi audience isnt loyal . (reason is demographic , its a very difficult demographic to please)  

I didn't say all nepo products are not worth their salt, but majority of them. I give gaalis when worthless people are praised. I have not watched stars' movies in theatre after PK (except Dangal after WoM).  Without nepo there is no business in Bollywood and all over India too (I am not singling out South Industries). Investors put money behind stars and their kid as that is the system that it has followed since the 50s. Kapoor and Sons, Dev Anand and sons, etc. Who will want to watch the movie with RRRajkumar playing a super-hero? I would never watch SoTD even on OTT (but mock the makings of it, Ishqwala pyaar!). So, why do I don't have the right to mock them? GoW is a cult hit and would watch any time. Just that, it never got released in theatres over here. I thimk all this talk of nepo is mainstreamed after Kangana said it on KwK show. 

investors put money coz ppl come

Reality is if tomm SRK son get Launched ppl will go to theatre as compared to some outsiders son . Investor will only put in money where he feels he ll get back returns. No one puts money to loose it

SOTY - u wont watch , but ppl went

GOW- its a cult but it never got great audience 

Tumhare mujhse 2 logo se koi farq nhin padta.

Karan deserves all the flak for backing poor talent i agree but then again thats how its works , reality is whole system is corrupt. KJO also gives chances to many youngsters so he balances it. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

TFS. Yes his narrative lets me decide that I will watch the movie in my home theater, not gonna spend on quirky dialogues, inane emotional love story even with dazzling SFX. The experience will not be worth it.

Love story is an essential part of Sanatan with Shiva Parvati, Radha Krishna.