Dravid struggling in T20

Guest HariSampath

Dravid struggling in T20  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Guest HariSampath
HARI SAMPATHA WILL SAY THAT IT'S A GOAT CURSE ON DHONI.. HENCE THE STRIKE RATE OF 100
listen dumbass, if you got any cricket to talk about , do it...or just stfu

The simpleton in me suggests something less impersonal, and something more than a neutral fan's perspective in this unbecoming attack on Dravid. Out of the blue, one wonders whether Dravid gets along well with the pseudo-Californian accent commentator Kris Srikkanth?

Guest Hiten.
Simple answer. Dhoni can well play along at 100 SR till last few overs and then he can get even 40 off 15 balls...thats planned hitting like we saw against BRC...but that again indicates his understanding of his ability with respect to team needs...he may or may not come off' date=' thats fine..Dravid KNOWS he cannot bat like Dhoni , say 40 off 15 balls, so he has no business playing at 45 % SR when team needs lots more. Here too Dhoni only had 2 overs and he knew Sehwag/Malik would come along and he would have won it in 1 over itself, but he got out and Sehwag actually was forced to use the spinner last over because Dhoni was a deterrent . Dont even compare Dhoni and Dravid...Its a travesty[/quote'] Oh now you are looking at the 'potentiality' of the player. This is the most absurd post I have read on ICF to back up a player. Even SRT's 'worshipers' have not been this lame in defending him. Just so you know, RD too has the capability of scoring runs at quicker pace. IF RD played like he did vs NZ, then he will be daddy of MSD when it comes to hitting. RD is our 3rd fastest player to score 50, how about dhoni ? P.S: off course, Dhoni is better hitter than RD. I was just throwing the 'potential' that RD carries

Guest HariSampath
Wow' date=' what a dramatic countdown. The above comments and those you made about RD earlier are galaxies apart. Its O.K to constructively criticize the role of a cricketer and his individual contributions, like whats been said in the quoted post. A vast majority will agree that BRC isnt the [i']BEST team going around and hasnt ALWAYS got its combination right. But to rubbish a great of the game, an Indian icon, like you did earlier, is simply unacceptable.
Nonsense. RD selects BRC team RD selects 11 for each game, mostly all wrong players. RD decides batting order. RD plays poorly BRC loses 6 out of 8. Now, with respect to today's game...RD failed to realise/accept what was needed to win...simply speaking send in Kohli or White above him...instead he blocks out the heart of the inngs. WHY? No intent to win,. simple. No understanding of what it takes and a willingness to keep down his ego for team's cause. So I say his cricket days are behind him and must be kicked out ( of all formats, I feel). His judgement and personality comes in the way of analysing situations and trying to play to win

The simpleton in me suggests something less impersonal, and something more than a neutral fan's perspective in this unbecoming attack on Dravid. Out of the blue, one wonders whether Dravid gets along well with the pseudo-Californian accent commentator Kris Srikkanth?
Hari, neutral when discussing Dravid? Only thing that could be said is that both eyes are closed equally firmly to all sanity and reason when the topic is brought up. As far as Srikkanth, ssshhh. Don't comment about people getting along with Srikkanth, else Hari'll whine and bi tch like a pre-menstrual teen and threaten you with his lethal brand of insults. Just use the ignore list feature to filter out the idiocy. Much easier to read the board without his stupidity (except when others quote it, and it shows up in their posts).

Hari, no one is claiming that Rahul can hit 183 in <140 balls like Dhoni did. But when you talk about the potential of the player, the 92*(63) in the recent Natwest 2007 Series from Dravid overshadowed Sachin's 99. He played some awesome shots (innovative and classical). It wasn't an accident. It was planned too - and we made 330 there and England lost by 10 runs. He was awarded the man of the match award. While he hasn't performed similarly in this tournament, he is still one of India's greatest batsmen - who deserves every bit of respect and adoration as Sachin gets.

Guest HariSampath
Oh now you are looking at the 'potentiality' of the player. This is the most absurd post I have read on ICF to back up a player. Even SRT's 'worshipers' have not been this lame in defending him. Just so you know, RD too has the capability of scoring runs at quicker pace. IF RD played like he did vs NZ, then he will be daddy of MSD when it comes to hitting. RD is our 3rd fastest player to score 50, how about dhoni ? P.S: off course, Dhoni is better hitter than RD. I was just throwing the 'potential' that RD carries
Tha is the BEST reason...Each player should first have a perfectly good idea of his own ability, and when he can up the ante and at what pace, and also where his team is in that game, also what else is to come after him. Dhoni knows well what he CAN do..and has to back himself. Dravid cannot, simple enough.

Guest Hiten.
Tha is the BEST reason...Each player should first have a perfectly good idea of his own ability' date=' and when he can up the ante and at what pace, and also where his team is in that game, also what else is to come after him. Dhoni knows well what he CAN do..and has to back himself. Dravid cannot, simple enough.[/quote'] Did Dhoni survive till the end and carry CSk's boat to the shore after scoring at a strike rate of 100 ? He did not, so the point remains that Dhoni's SR of 100 almost cost CSK a match.

Guest HariSampath
Hari' date=' no one is claiming that Rahul can hit 183 in <140 balls like Dhoni did. But when you talk about the potential of the player, the 92*(63) in the [i']recent Natwest 2007 Series from Dravid overshadowed Sachin's 99. He played some awesome shots (innovative and classical). It wasn't an accident. It was planned too - and we made 330 there and England lost by 10 runs. He was awarded the man of the match award. While he hasn't performed similarly in this tournament, he is still one of India's greatest batsmen - who deserves every bit of respect and adoration as Sachin gets.
Yes, of course that 90 off 65 balls was perhaps one of the best ODI inngs he has played..I enjoyed that thoroughly, for more reasons than SR...each and every shot went where he wanted it to go... But...one swallow doesnt make a summer...and overall he is very very average even in ODI standards...and quite apart from that he has been choking many many inngs even at the test level ( eg Melbourne test, sydney etc) RD is over, whether you and I agree or not...wont last 2008 even in tests

Nonsense. RD selects BRC team RD selects 11 for each game, mostly all wrong players. RD decides batting order. RD plays poorly BRC loses 6 out of 8. Now, with respect to today's game...RD failed to realise/accept what was needed to win...simply speaking send in Kohli or White above him...instead he blocks out the heart of the inngs. WHY? No intent to win,. simple. No understanding of what it takes and a willingness to keep down his ego for team's cause. So I say his cricket days are behind him and must be kicked out ( of all formats, I feel). His judgement and personality comes in the way of analysing situations and trying to play to win
Its like saying Sampras should have been kicked out of Wimbledon after losing to Krajieck in straight sets in the quarters of the '96 edition of the tournament. Is Rahul Dravid a relative mis-fit at T20 level ? Yes Is Rahul Dravid an absolute liability at T20 level? Depends on the performance of his team members also . Does Dravid deserved to be kicked out of cricket for his T20 ;exploits'? Hell no !!

A million slogs and heaves across the line for sixes wont equal his 233 in Adelaide or his 270 in Rawalpindi or his century at Leeds. I have more respect for Dravid than I have for guys like Morkel, McCullum, Afridi, Yusuf etc put together.
well put .Even if he retires tomorrow ,he will be the greatest test batsman india has ever produced .None can even hold a candle to this man in that regard .No little master ,no master blaster cum God can do that . Enough said .If India is anywhere near this good in test ,solely because of this underrated great batsman .He is just Gods gift to test cricket . And yes Yousuf pathan is a much better batsman than dravid in 20/20 .i won't give a hoot about it . Yes Dravid shouldn't have played this ''disgraceful format '' of cricket .He is just too good for that .

Guest HariSampath
Did Dhoni survive till the end and carry CSk's boat to the shore after scoring at a strike rate of 100 ? He did not' date=' so the point remains that Dhoni's SR of 100 almost cost CSK a match.[/quote'] CSK were ALWAYS maintaining a runrate and needed 46 off 5 overs, 40 off 4 overs, 33 off 3 overs and 22 off 2 overs...so Dhoni has not "almost cost CSK" the match because of his plodding. He got out trying to increase the runs, but he was never endangering the RR. And like I mentioned many tiimes, he was the best option. RD is not nor will ever be BRC's best option nor any teams best option

Yes, of course that 90 off 65 balls was perhaps one of the best ODI inngs he has played..I enjoyed that thoroughly, for more reasons than SR...each and every shot went where he wanted it to go... But...one swallow doesnt make a summer...and overall he is very very average even in ODI standards...and quite apart from that he has been choking many many inngs even at the test level ( eg Melbourne test, sydney etc) RD is over, whether you and I agree or not...wont last 2008 even in tests
Ok, it seems that you've arrived at a conclusion and don't want to change it. I will not try to. Before that knock in the ODI series, at the Oval (3rd Test,2nd inn.), he made 12(96) - had a gap of 45-50 balls where couldn't score a single run. His first reaction after that knock at Bristol was "feels good to show that I can bat like that after that innings at the Oval." He knows how well he can bat. And sorry, he is NOT average by ODI standards if he has scored >10,000 runs in 333 matches. He's not Sachin at ODIs (but then who is?) - but he is a great player in both ODIs and Test Cricket.

Guest HariSampath
well put .Even if he retires tomorrow ' date=he will be the greatest test batsman india has ever produced .None can even hold a candle to this man in that regard .No little master ,no master blaster cum God can do that . Enough said .If India is anywhere near this good in test ,solely because of this underrated great batsman .He is just Gods gift to test cricket . And yes Yousuf pathan is a much better batsman than dravid in 20/20 .i won't give a hoot about it . Yes Dravid shouldn't have played this ''disgraceful format '' of cricket .He is just too good for that .
Dravid by NO MEANS India's best test batter...LOl this has been discussed threadbare in a 100 threads here on ICF...That is ONE AND ONLY ONE batter ...and everyone knows who it is :giggle:

folks i am so sad to c dravid struggle like this but have to agree he has to change his strategy in t 20. he should and must have send white and kohli maybe sent one to them esp kohli to open . bottom line is they knew the target and 8 rpo is not that difficult in 16 over game and nobody had any idea to pace the innings, even bouchy should have start hiotting couple of overs earlier. really sad to c dravid go through this AND YES I AM GONNA REPEAT IT AGAIN, DHONI IS WAY WAY OVERRATED .

Sunny faced the most deadliest bowlers in the past 50 years without a helmet on their pitches and scored 14 centuries against them. I don't think many have had to do that (or could do that). Dravid and Sachin have scored >10,000 (and Sachin > 16,000 in ODIs and > 11,000 in Tests) in both forms of the games and have had to live with a lot of expectations and scrutiny that Sunny didn't experience (as much). They all are superb batsmen and if anyone claims that Sunny ought be ashamed and is a disgraceful batsman because he scored 36* from staying through all of 60 overs, then they are also idiots. Similarly, Rahul has been a great cricketer and will forever remain so for his contributions in the other two formats and will never become any lesser because he's unable to succeed at T20, the dumbest most meaningless format of the game.

well put .Even if he retires tomorrow ' date='he will be the greatest test batsman india has ever produced [b'].None can even hold a candle to this man in that regard .No little master ,no master blaster cum God can do that . Enough said .If India is anywhere near this good in test ,solely because of this underrated great batsman .He is just Gods gift to test cricket . And yes Yousuf pathan is a much better batsman than dravid in 20/20 .i won't give a hoot about it . Yes Dravid shouldn't have played this ''disgraceful format '' of cricket .He is just too good for that .
You are never too far away from taking a pot-shot at Sachin arent you? :haha:

Guest HariSampath
Hari, neutral when discussing Dravid? Only thing that could be said is that both eyes are closed equally firmly to all sanity and reason when the topic is brought up. As far as Srikkanth, ssshhh. Don't comment about people getting along with Srikkanth, else Hari'll whine and bi tch like a pre-menstrual teen and threaten you with his lethal brand of insults. Just use the ignore list feature to filter out the idiocy. Much easier to read the board without his stupidity (except when others quote it, and it shows up in their posts).
For someone like whose idea of batting greatness is Amol Muzumdar,...Salil, I dont wanna honor you with discussing a cricket point ...give it a rest ...Srikkanth is not even part of the topic and this thread has nothing to do with anything except Dravid.....No dont think I am interested in getting into any verbal clashes with you....I know you are bad mouthing me because you gave me an infraction for cussing Dravid and whole of ICF right from mods to admins and founders stuffed it up your arse and called me back here saying you were totally wrong.....and I know it hurts..here I am...what are you gonna do ? Angry boy ? eh ? or more likely feeling like a rejected $2 wh.ore ?? Cant blame you :finger:

Guest Hiten.
CSK were ALWAYS maintaining a runrate and needed 46 off 5 overs, 40 off 4 overs, 33 off 3 overs and 22 off 2 overs...so Dhoni has not "almost cost CSK" the match because of his plodding. He got out trying to increase the runs, but he was never endangering the RR. And like I mentioned many tiimes, he was the best option. RD is not nor will ever be BRC's best option nor any teams best option
Thats not even my point/question. Why are you bringing the whole team's performance in now ? Had someone been there with RD vs Kings XI, BRC might have pulled a victory. But wickets kept felling in heaps YET RD managed to score at SR of 129. Whereas Dhoni's SR of 100 was not made to look like a bad thing because his partners at the OTHER END helped CSK score at steady pace. Dhoni deserves lashings for his SR of 100 according to your analogy because RD was slaughtered for his SR of 129. Remember we are comparing DHONI's innings vs DD and RD's innings vs Punjab

Dravid by NO MEANS India's best test batter...LOl this has been discussed threadbare in a 100 threads here on ICF...That is ONE AND ONLY ONE batter ...and everyone knows who it is :giggle:
Virender sehwag ,excuse me ?:giggle: