Dravid struggling in T20

Guest HariSampath

Dravid struggling in T20  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Dravid shouldn't have played this ''disgraceful format '' of cricket .He is just too good for that .
Thats always a cop-out/easy-way-out argument - T20 being a disgraceful form of cricket. Stop trying to be some eminent elitist like Ramachandra Guha and denigate anything that is not test cricket. Test cricket is won more often than not by the talents of the players themselves (Warne's argument, which I agree with). But T20 has more to do with captaincy and coaching than anything else....its like rapid chess, which has a completely different strategy of its own, compared to regular chess. So again, no need rubbish T20 cricket as a disgraceful format

Guest HariSampath
The simpleton in me suggests something less impersonal, and something more than a neutral fan's perspective in this unbecoming attack on Dravid. Out of the blue, one wonders whether Dravid gets along well with the pseudo-Californian accent commentator Kris Srikkanth?
Where is the "unbecoming" attack on Dravid and in what way do you perceive a personal interest on my part ? This thread is purely about Dravid's capability as a T20 captain and batter and simple enough as I have tried to keep it, looks like you have missed it altogether. In what way does Dravid's personal relations with Krish Srikkanth or for that matter Srikkanth's accent ( so knowledgeably divined to be pseudo Californian by you ) has anything to do with his T20 abilities....is this a case of certain crew members of SS Begurusa or whatever getting paranoid whenever your blue eyed boys like Dravid get trashed for non performance and feel compelled to bring in my personal factor or the time honored escape route of bringing in Krish Srikkanth when all else fails to defend a point ? On the same note, I just wonder whether a mutiny was snuffed aboard that boat and some disgruntled elements are rushing around like headless chicken, trying to get pot shots at me, albeit poorly and failing on this count, bring in Srikkanth ? how terribly juvenile...did anyone get beaten by a big boy and go crying "uncle" to you ? :giggle:

All in all, Dravid has had an ok tournament. But in today's game, he wasnt in top form. Also what instructions were given to the top order? They were playing like it was a 50 over match. This match was up for grabs for them and they just threw it.

I won't bother reading through the 80+ posts in this thread, but i did respond to the poll question... Does Rahul Dravid understand the T20 game as a batsman and as a captain, and what it takes to win? ...and voted 'no'. Dravid sucks some pretty big d ick as a T20 batsman. No debate required here. I won't pass judgement on his captaincy because he has a fairly mediocre squad at his disposal and my guess is that even a good captain would struggle to produce results with such a team.

Folkz...today we have seen the LAST PROOF that Dravid is going out of cricket' date=' shamed and disgraced, exposed and humiliated....facking he took 1 million for THIS ??? come on RD fans...honest answers[/quote'] did he fix a match? did he take a bribe? did he murder some one? did he steal something? what is his crime? why do you term him as "disgraced, shamed, exposed, humiliated" ?

Guest HariSampath
I won't bother reading through the 80+ posts in this thread, but i did respond to the poll question... Does Rahul Dravid understand the T20 game as a batsman and as a captain, and what it takes to win? ...and voted 'no'. Dravid sucks some pretty big d ick as a T20 batsman. No debate required here. I won't pass judgement on his captaincy because he has a fairly mediocre squad at his disposal and my guess is that even a good captain would struggle to produce results with such a team.
And he selected that team...when he had a choice to pick the best set of playes to win a T20 tournament

Thats always a cop-out/easy-way-out argument - T20 being a disgraceful form of cricket. Stop trying to be some eminent elitist like Ramachandra Guha and denigate anything that is not test cricket. Test cricket is won more often than not by the talents of the players themselves (Warne's argument, which I agree with). But T20 has more to do with captaincy and coaching than anything else....its like rapid chess, which has a completely different strategy of its own, compared to regular chess. So again, no need rubbish T20 cricket as a disgraceful format
It is a rubbish format and yes i am an arrogant rude elitist out of the world queen .:hysterical: Cricket is a game between bat and ball ,not bat ,bat ,bat ,...........and bat .There must be some balance between bat and ball .And this format is annoyingly one sided and i hate it .The bowlers look like they are some donkeys or just a side dish for a main course dinnerb . Such rubbish format . Yes test cricket is the only format thats credible and to a certain extent ODIs too .I will repeat that again and again .

It is a rubbish format and yes i am an arrogant rude elitist out of the world queen .:hysterical: Cricket is a game between bat and ball ,not bat ,bat ,bat ,...........and bat .There must be some balance between bat and ball .And this format is annoyingly one sided and i hate it .The bowlers look like they are some donkeys or just a side dish for a main course dinnerb . Such rubbish format . Yes test cricket is the only format thats credible and to a certain extent ODIs too .I will repeat that again and again .
Repeat all that you want to yourself a) Test cricket in Indian pitches is no different. Just bat, bat, bat....no wonder our fast bowlers say they get discouraged in Indian grounds b) There have been low-scoring games in the IPL - and some bowlers have performed well