"Don't Look Up" is the funniest thing on Netflix right now

EnterTheVoid

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I found the premise odd.

The president of the most powerful country had 6 months to destroy a measly comet but instead chose to get refrigerated for 20k years and return to a new Earth with Alice in Wonderland style fauna? :confused:

The premise was certainly odd. I felt that the filmmakers and crew were trying to get across their own point-of-view across and build the plot around their ideals/beliefs, instead of the other way around, i.e., focusing on the plot and allowing the ideas to emerge naturally

17 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I found the premise odd.

The president of the most powerful country had 6 months to destroy a measly comet but instead chose to get refrigerated for 20k years and return to a new Earth with Alice in Wonderland style fauna? :confused:

I felt they were highlighting the poor decision making of the Trump admin with respect to climate change. It seems obvious to the rest of the world as a challenge, only 3 countries had opposed the Paris agreement. One tropical country which didn't find the agreement strong enough, war torn dictatorship of Syria and the United States. It just was another level of absurd for the real world.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I felt they were highlighting the poor decision making of the Trump admin with respect to climate change. It seems obvious to the rest of the world as a challenge, only 3 countries had opposed the Paris agreement. One tropical country which didn't find the agreement strong enough, war torn dictatorship of Syria and the United States. It just was another level of absurd for the real world.

And the rejection of science.

The rejection of science, they absolutely nailed.