Bumrah vs. Cummins in Tests

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Bumrah has struggled since the start of 2020 (NZ tour).  It has been 2 yrs.  Yes, he looked good against Eng in Eng. Coz Eng batting is the worst in the world.   We lost WTC final mainly due to our poor batting and Bumrah's leaking of runs at 5g speed plus his wicketless spells.        Cummins is way better and a more complete bowler.  There is no comparison based on current form.  

By "recent" form, it probably refers to last 12-18 months. And Cummins has not gone outside Oz in this time.

Just to be clear, I rate Cummins higher as a test bowler, both on current and past form.

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

Cummins is way ahead, I am not basing on this test.Bumrah is a yet to show he can run thru good batting lineups.

When did Cummins run through any side in india. Let's see it in india and we will have a talk.

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

By "recent" form, it probably refers to last 12-18 months. And Cummins has not gone outside Oz in this time.

Just to be clear, I rate Cummins higher as a test bowler, both on current and past form.

I cant rate Cummins higher until he proves himself I india and Pakistan. Shami is far better bowler than any sena bowler in India and probably Asia in general. 

Southee defecates on lot of bowlers in Asia.

When sena bowlers prove their worth In Asia we shall have the talk. They can claim the throne. You need to show you can bowl on dead pitches. 

Edited by Jay

And for those that claim oh our spinners have a huge impact in India. Yea well we don't often have that extra seamer in sena either in the past. We never believe in the concept of providing rest by having that extra pace bowler who can bat in sena until recently. 

Everything depends on your 4th support seamer in sena too. Pressure can be released. Sepoy Indians won't factor that in ofcourse. They like the taste of their gora masters tips in their tongue too much.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I cant rate Cummins higher until he proves himself I india and Pakistan. Shami is far better bowler than any sena bowler in India and probably Asia in general. 

Southee defecates on lot of bowlers in Asia.

When sena bowlers prove their worth In Asia we shall have the talk. They can claim the throne. You need to show you can bowl on dead pitches. 

Give it a rest. Cummins is #1.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Did Bumrah run thru any side in India? How many tests Cummins play in India.What is this come to India nonsense like Rohit Sharma.

Just like sena matters for Asian bowlers. Performance in India and pakistan holds more weight for sena bowlers. Simple logic tbh. It isn't nonsense. 

Bumrah hasn't played enough in India. He has done really well in ranji and A tours in India. No reason why he wouldn't do as well as shami and umesh in India. He has all the skills to do it. Problem with him is he is either unplayable or he is erratic as *.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Did Bumrah run thru any side in India? How many tests Cummins play in India.What is this come to India nonsense like Rohit Sharma.

Doesn't work that way. Asian bowlers are almost always superior in Asia than abroad. Bumrah has an excellent domestic record too to no surprise. With that said, we can only speculate until he plays Tests regularly here.

1 hour ago, vijaydude said:

Doesn't work that way. Asian bowlers are almost always superior in Asia than abroad. Bumrah has an excellent domestic record too to no surprise. With that said, we can only speculate until he plays Tests regularly here.

How does it prove he is better bowler than Cummins. I would take Cummins over Bumrah on any surface in any format. You might differ but that is fine.

6 hours ago, Majestic said:

The suggestion that these are two best bowlers of this generation by a long shot is laughable.

Rabada is in same league.

Rabada averages 40 something In India and u.a.e

He is good but not on booms and Cummins level.

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

How does it prove he is better bowler than Cummins. I would take Cummins over Bumrah on any surface in any format. You might differ but that is fine.

I would take Aussie batting unit over our anyday. Way better than ours too. 

Cummins averages like 29 in odi.

He isnt a good t20 bowler either but ok. You can take him. 

Even in tests he has done f all in Asia. 

You can take Cummins. No problem there. 

When you perform in India and Pakistan, then you can claim you are the best. 

Cummins has an extra seamer support in green. Third seamer being starc. 

Right now we have older shami, old ishant unless replaced by siraj who is injury prone atm. Shardul is a beast but even he is unfit at the moment. 

When all 4 are clicking then you will see that bumrah is better than Cummins. 

Besides your white masters have only played at home. Calm your titles. 

Sure they may do well in India. Not because they are special. Good bowlers but they are bowling to weak batsmen like pukelhi, purane and pajero rock.

Best pacer from Asia ever. Period. Suck on that bhaiyyas. Better than umran khan better than wasim wackram. 

Anyway as for Cummins vs bumrah? It's about equal. Some pitches Cummins has edge. Some bumrah. Stalemate. Can't go wrong with either. But bumrah has more pace and a deadlier bouncer. 

No other current pacer possesses the skillsets that Bumrah possesses in early 2022.

.... The quick indipping yorker

.... The quick bouncer

.... The stump directed skiddy quick indipper

.... The off stump good length ball that angles in and seams away 

.... The slower ball without any perceptible change of action.

.... The back of a length rising ball .. often a snorter

.... Reversing the ball both ways at pace 

Bumrah has it all.

Cummins or any other current pacer lacks this wide range of skills. But Cummins is very good at executing the skills that he has.

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

No other current pacer possesses the skillsets that Bumrah possesses in early 2022.

.... The quick indipping yorker

.... The quick bouncer

.... The stump directed skiddy quick indipper

.... The off stump good length ball that angles in and seams away 

.... The slower ball without any perceptible change of action.

.... The back of a length rising ball .. often a snorter

.... Reversing the ball both ways at pace 

Bumrah has it all.

Cummins or any other current pacer lacks this wide range of skills. But Cummins is very good at executing the skills that he has.

Shami does too imo but he lost it a little now given his age.