Bumrah vs. Cummins in Tests

2 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Cummins will go down as one of the greatest ever Oz bowlers. Might be in with a shout to make their all time test XI by the time he retires. 

He is already above gillespie, Thompson etc and above lillee too imo. 

Mcgrath

Cummins

Lillee 

Warne

That's their 8-11.

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

Cummins has the e advantage of playing on bouncy springy beautiful wickets of Australia. 

India play on turners and low bouncy flat wickets which is bad for bowlers apart from reverse. 

Bumrah can pad up his stats too if be played in Australia as his home ground. Much harder to excel in India. He did do well vs lanka. So we shall wait and see how he goes vs australia 

Also isnt booms now VC? Or pant? I heard booms is getting ready to captain in the near future post rohitaa. 

And remember these are aandpaperboys. Cummins and co are not trustworthy. If they are randomly getting reverse then it needs to be investigated. Proven cheaters. 

Let's see. Cameras and angles will be much better in India. I hope we zoom in on Cummins and co. 

Even in 2017 they tried to cheat vs us. 

Yes but Bumrah has also played only few tests in subcontinent. Also on rank turners, your bowling average don't hurt because you will mostly bowl 4-5 overs and end with 15 runs and maybe an odd wicket won't do any wrong to your stats.

11 hours ago, Jay said:

He is already above gillespie, Thompson etc and above lillee too imo. 

Mcgrath

Cummins

Lillee 

Warne

That's their 8-11.

I don't think he is better than Lillee yet. needs to sustain it for another 5 yrs to overtake Lils, who had a longer career. As for me, I would for sure have Alan Davidson - the greatest left arm pacer (who didn't tamper the ball) of post War era. also a useful lower order hitter and brilliant fielder.

Gilly (wk) at 6

Keith Miller - genuine quick (by standards of that time) + genuine MO batter at 7 [might even switch with gilly]

Alan Davidson - bowling AR at 8

Warne/O'Reilly/Grimmett at 9

Lillee/Cummins at 10

McG at 11

lots of batting till 10. and 5 genuine bowling options. Greg Chappati will be an excellent 6th bowler.

Edited by Vijy
Just now, Vijy said:

I don't think he is better than Lillee yet. needs to sustain it for another 5 yrs to overtake Lils, who had a longer career. As for me, I would for sure have Alan Davidson - the greatest left arm pacer (who didn't tamper the ball) of post War era. also a useful lower order hitter and brilliant fielder.

Gilly (wk) at 6

Keith Miller - genuine quick + genuine MO batter at 7 [might even switch with gilly]

Alan Davidson - bowling AR at 8

Warne/O'Reilly/Grimmett at 9

Lillee/Cummins at 10

McG at 11

lots of batting till 10. and 5 genuine bowling options. Greg Chappati will be an excellent 6th bowler.

Only issue I have with Australia is the cheating, tampering etc. Cummins is just as guilty as the rest. Don't be fooled by the good boy looks Lel. 

Still skeptical about their reverse but we shall see in India. 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Only issue I have with Australia is the cheating, tampering etc. Cummins is just as guilty as the rest. Don't be fooled by the good boy looks Lel. 

Still skeptical about their reverse but we shall see in India. 

hazel, starc, cummins are not innocent, that much is for certain. however, that doesn't take away from his abilities even without cheating. the fact that he is very good looking has helped him, more so than hazel or starc.

davidson was the best swing bowler of the ozzies I have seen, along with terry alderman. he was a trundler by modern standards but impeccable accuracy, good stamina, and subtle variations.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Most striking aspect is how he was able to come back from all the injuries.

Well there are some amazing steroids out there thatcare designer quality. India is behind on that front for sports. There is a reason why America dominates athletics. People love to blame genetics but it has little to do with it. It's their advancement in pharmacology that enables their athletes reach their full potential. Look at China now. 

Russia was caught and banned for rampant steroid abuse. But not America lol? 

5 hours ago, Vijy said:

hazel, starc, cummins are not innocent, that much is for certain. however, that doesn't take away from his abilities even without cheating. the fact that he is very good looking has helped him, more so than hazel or starc.

davidson was the best swing bowler of the ozzies I have seen, along with terry alderman. he was a trundler by modern standards but impeccable accuracy, good stamina, and subtle variations.

Well without cheating their ability clearly declines so I disagree about them being as good without cheating per say. Starc and hazelwoods average had a good dip post sandpaper for a couple of years. Now they are back to getting their career best figures. 

They could very well be using such dirty tactics. But that's another issue altogether. 

You know who actually cheated in the past and got away with it several times? It's s.africa. especially with steyn. Louda got random reverse at times on placid pitches lol when ball wasn't even old. S.africa are masters are being disingenuous when it comes to playing sport. They are sly and engage in all forms of subtle cheating that goes unnoticed.