Novak Djokovic's Australian visa cancelled

EnterTheVoid

4 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Death rates are calculated as the number of deaths in each group, divided by the total number of people in this group. This is given per 100,000 people.

Here's more: 

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

I was unable to copy/paste the graphs within.

As for boosters, I hope the data in there are helpful in moving your needle.  What was BS was for the CDC and WHO to call 2 doses "fully vaccinated" and 3rd dose "boosted".  How did we know before we knew it? 

As for me, I can't wait for the Fall bivalent booster. 

Saw this a few days back.

Recent Data from Australia from the thread 

20220830_231256.jpg

20220830_231306.jpg

On 9/2/2022 at 12:24 PM, rkt.india said:

What do you mean by age adjusted?

The age-distribution of boosted populations is skewed in favor of older people (i.e., old people are most likely to be boosted).  An adjustment must be made so that the 2 populations being compared are standardized to have the same age-distribution:

3-minutes well-spent:

20 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

The age-distribution of boosted populations is skewed in favor of older people (i.e., old people are most likely to be boosted).  An adjustment must be made so that the 2 populations being compared are standardized to have the same age-distribution:

3-minutes well-spent:

It shouldn't matter what age people got boosted. What should matter is they died despite boosters.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It shouldn't matter what age people got boosted. What should matter is they died despite boosters.

Oh yes, it does.  A 25 yr old who did not get boosted is less likely to die than a boosted 90 yr old.

What you should comparing is boosted 90-yr olds vs unboosted 90-yr olds.  Boosted 50 yr olds vs unboosted 50 yr olds.  Etc. 

When you do this at a population level, it is called age-adjustment where you normalize both boosteds and unboosteds to the same age distribution.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Saw only some of his sets this time, serve+return almost as good as ever, movement/speed has declined considerably (hamstring niggle?) but the depth and consistency of his groundstrokes is too much for next gen. And amazing clutchness, you could see how he lifted his game in both tiebreaks today!!!!

Hope he wins RG to make it triple career grand slam, if he's fit Wimbledon should be a cakewalk. 

Back to number 1 ranking, the records and benchmarks this guy is setting:hatsoff:

You saw the open @I6MTW?

Edited by Gollum

Crowd was horrible towards him throughout the tournament, cheering his errors, taunting him, distracting him in middle of rallies (like 3rd set TB today when he was up 5-0). Also getting demonized by Western media 24x7, never seen a sportsperson with this level of mental toughness!!!!

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Saw only some of his sets this time, serve+return almost as good as ever, movement/speed has declined considerably (hamstring niggle?) but the depth and consistency of his groundstrokes is too much for next gen. And amazing clutchness, you could see how he lifted his game in both tiebreaks today!!!!

Hope he wins RG to make it triple career grand slam, if he's fit Wimbledon should be a cakewalk. 

Back to number 1 ranking, the records and benchmarks this guy is setting:hatsoff:

You saw the open @I6MTW?

Ivanisevic: 97% of the players, when you get MRI, you go straight to referee’s office (to withdraw). But not him, he is from different species…

Edited by kumar713

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

How is Djokovic able to play Aus open this year? Did he take vaccine? Last year he was prevented from playing because he hadn't taken the vaccine.

Their govt relaxed the rule. US expected to do the same by April, so Nole should also play USO later this year.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

You saw the open @I6MTW?

I did. The entire tournament I mostly followed in parts since my interest in tennis has been dwindling recently because of the lack of competition or interesting matches. 

Djokovic's serve is the best it has ever been, and his net game is good now, but the remaining aspects of his game like BH, movement have declined, and his ROS while still good is nowhere near how it was doing his peak years. The Djokovic of today would serve better than the previous versions, but his younger self would have the edge when it came to other aspects of his game. Plus when comparing the competition between them, there is a difference of night and day. The competition know is atrocious, one of the weakest eras. I doubt any current top 10-20 player would be top 10-20 in the previous eras, except for current Novak. 

It's not that Djokovic is playing the best he's ever played, it's not that straightforward, it's just that he's more mentally stronger now, he's acquired confidence and mental strength because of all the chokes from the next gen and Lost Gen. Experience also matters of course, he knows when to pull the trigger at pressure moments, because every single opponent of his will falter, no matter what position they are in. 

I say current Djokovic is good enough to win every slam for the next couple of years, if he doesn't decline significantly. His diet, and fitness regime is anyways different from the rest of the tour, so there is a high chance his body will take him further than any other veteran tennis player, and outlast younger stars.  

The Murray matches, especially the Kokkinakis one, were by far the best of the tournament, in an otherwise boring tournament. The matches were straightforward and predictable, lacking excitement and spice. The ratings this year for AO are the lowest it has ever been.