Novak Djokovic's Australian visa cancelled

EnterTheVoid

Djokovic's greatness lies in the fact that he is able to triumph even when conditions and crowd are all working against him. He is able to overcome every adversity and yet prove that there is no better player in the World than him.

Got defaulted from US Open once (if Nadal or Federer would have done the same thing, they would have just gotten away with a warning), got arrested in Australia despite the Victorian government and Tennis Australia having granted him an exception and the PM of Australia having said that the Victorian government's decision is final. Denied US Open entry last year despite Covid variants having become no more harmful than flu at that time.

Gets booed by crowds across the World despite him never having said or done anything that would antagonize the crowd. The crowds boo him simply because he came on the scene at a time when the World of tennis supporters had already picked a side (either Nadal fan or Federer fan) and they were not willing to accept anyone else that challenges these two greats.

Despite all of this, he keeps coming back. You can knock him down to the ground, but he will stand up again. You can keeping pounding away at him, but he will find a way back. You can bend him, but you cannot break him.

He is the Champion of Champions.

He is NOVAK DJOKOVIC.

Edited by Texan

On 1/30/2023 at 2:07 AM, I6MTW said:

The competition know is atrocious, one of the weakest eras. I doubt any current top 10-20 player would be top 10-20 in the previous eras, except for current Novak. 

Really? Kuch zyada nahi ho gaya? Even this version of Nadal will dominate the clay field (except Nole) of 2005-15 era. 

Alcaraz is primed to be a future ATG.

Tsitsi, Med, Zverev etc. may not be Murray/Wawrinka level players but you know who all made top 20, nah top 10, top 5 in previous eras? Srichaphan, Stepanek, Bjorkman, Kiefer etc:phehe:

No need to glorify the past so much!!!!!

Even this version of Nole would be a top 3 player (and GS winning machine) in any era, maybe even higher.

Edited by Gollum

Novak Djokovic: New world No 1 played with 3cm hamstring tear at Australian Open, says tournament director

Unbelievable, he is on course to becoming the GOAT sportsperson, not just tennis but overall. 

This level of mental toughness is unheard of!!!!! Kahaan hamare cricket rockstars, aur kahaan Djokovic. 

22 hours ago, Gollum said:

Really? Kuch zyada nahi ho gaya? Even this version of Nadal will dominate the clay field (except Nole) of 2005-15 era. 

Alcaraz is primed to be a future ATG.

Tsitsi, Med, Zverev etc. may not be Murray/Wawrinka level players but you know who all made top 20, nah top 10, top 5 in previous eras? Srichaphan, Stepanek, Bjorkman, Kiefer etc:phehe:

No need to glorify the past so much!!!!!

Even this version of Nole would be a top 3 player (and GS winning machine) in any era, maybe even higher.

This version of Nadal was struggling against Zverev who choked both sets before getting injured. And he was taken to 5 by FAA a player with no BH or rallying capabilities. He's not doing much in 05-15. 

Regarding Alcaraz it's too soon to comment on him. His height and frame suggests he may not be able to dominate. He won't get free points on his serve. 

Srichaphan, Bjorkman, Kiefer etc were all anomalies part of another weak era. But even they would be better than the likes of Norrie, Ruud, Hurkacz, and Fritz who aren't top 10 players in any sense of the term. 

Stepanek had an all court playing style which is hardly found in today's generation. 

I don't think this version of Nole would be top 3. Top 10 yes, but not top 3. There's the OG big 3, then Wawrinka, Murray, and the likes of Berdych, Tsonga, Del Potro in their primes. So this version of Nole would be in the 5-10 range. Only his serve and net game are better than his previous versions. And that's enough for him to stay at the top in today's era. 

2 hours ago, I6MTW said:

This version of Nadal was struggling against Zverev who choked both sets before getting injured. And he was taken to 5 by FAA a player with no BH or rallying capabilities. He's not doing much in 05-15. 

If you want to say this version of Nadal wouldn't be top 20 in previous eras or that he wouldn't do much on clay in 05-15 I have no words.

FAA is a more complete player than Isner who took peak Nadal to 5 in RG. Granted Isner had the lethal kick serve as well as height to negate Nadal's topspin FH but otherwise was a nothing player. Players are allowed to have bad days.

Edited by Gollum

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

If you want to say this version of Nadal wouldn't be top 20 in previous eras or that he wouldn't do much on clay in 05-15 I have no words.

FAA is a more complete player than Isner who took peak Nadal to 5 in RG. Granted Isner had the lethal kick serve as well as height to negate Nadal's topspin FH but otherwise was a nothing player. Players are allowed to have bad days.

The competition would be much stronger in the earlier eras. Nadal was far from convincing from his 4th round till even his final. I'm pretty sure Ruud had no business playing the final, he was happy to be the loser and hand Nadal his trophy. The guy's a massive Nadal fanboy. 

On 1/29/2023 at 9:25 PM, Gollum said:

GOAT wins his 10th Australian Open trophy, 22 total, equals Rafa.

Only goes on to show how big a farce last year's AO was!!!!

Truly. Rafa vultured last year's AO in Nole's absence. Nole should be ideally sitting on 25 GS by now. But anyway, last year's AO made me his fan. So I can't complain. He is just pissing on the victorian and aussie govt by showing who is the king of RLA. All who went with Australian govt and their thought police are eating humble pie right now. I legit liked how Nole shut up the crowd v Deminaur in the 4th round and answered Courier in the post match interview by saying "Because I wanted to" in reply to "Why you beat him so convincingly" :cool: