Novak Djokovic's Australian visa cancelled

EnterTheVoid

He says: "states provide exemption to enter and that is how it works. That has been happening for the last two years". Did he just pass a law today to change that rule? How is he stating "rules are rules" now when he is actually breaking the rule that he quoted just a day ago.

9 minutes ago, Texan said:

They are just "cooking" up that story. If it was based on fake documents, then how did the Victorian government allow him to participate based on two independent medical panel reviews. Why does Scott Morrison say that the decision is based on the Victorian government's approval yesterday and today he switches gears to say that the border policies do not permit him to allow Djokovic to enter. This is ridiculous and now they are attempting a cover up operation. If he wasn't eligible based on rules, then why was the exemption granted in the first place? They could have just told him to get a vaccine or don't come over.

Let's wait and see.

I hope he didn't use his clout, connections and power to thinking that he can get away with faked documents. If he did, sorry, no sympathy from me.

If he got the medical exemption on legitimate grounds, and someone else has effed up, than yes, feel sorry to Novax for being thrown under the bus.

Djokovic's appeal against visa cancellation to be heard tonight

Novak Djokovic is legally challenging Australia's decision to cancel his visa, with the appeal set to be heard in the Federal Court at 6pm.

His case was due to be heard in the court at 4pm, after it had been adjourned from an earlier hearing.

However, Judge A Kelly "emphasised without criticism" that he had not been able to make a ruling on
Djokovic's application because the documents had not reached him since the court was adjourned earlier in the afternoon.

First of all, Djokovic should not have even mentioned publicly on social media, that he had recieved an exemption, that information is confidential and must be kept secret as stated by the authorities and local government. Once he revealed it, there was wide backlash from the public and media, the federal government had to intervene and say they will review Djokovic's visa. Then they found out that the visa he applied for didn't meet the requirements for a special exemption entry. This is all on Djokovic. He should have either gotten vaccinated or he should've skipped the tournament. There is still chance for him to play, he has to pass review or he can go back and re apply under a different visa if the government allows him. If he is deported under illegal grounds, he could be barred from entering Australia for a minimum of 3 years. 

Edited by I6MTW

13 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

First of all, Djokovic should not have even mentioned publicly on social media, that he had recieved an exemption, that information is confidential and must be kept secret as stated by the authorities and local government. Once he revealed it, there was wide backlash from the public and media, the federal government had to intervene and say they will review Djokovic's visa. Then they found out that the visa he applied for didn't meet the requirements for a special exemption entry. This is all on Djokovic. He should have either gotten vaccinated or he should've skipped the tournament. There is still chance for him to play, he has to pass review or he can go back and re apply under a different visa if the government allows him. If he is deported under illegal grounds, he could be barred from entering Australia for a minimum of 3 years. 

Agree wholeheartedly. 

Getting COVID within the last six months does not satisfy as a condition for medical exemption. 

If that was the case, all the retards would be lining up to get COVID (some on this forum as well) so that they can avoid the vaccine. 

37 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Agree wholeheartedly. 

Getting COVID within the last six months does not satisfy as a condition for medical exemption. 

If that was the case, all the retards would be lining up to get COVID (some on this forum as well) so that they can avoid the vaccine. 

I don't even think he had Covid in the last 6 months, there were no indication or mention of it anywhere. He had Covid officially in 2020, and that does not constitute as an exemption since it was more than 1.5 years ago. 

Edited by I6MTW

Rafa's brutal truth for Novak

Rafael Nadal has made it very clear that Novak Djokovic has no one to blame other than himself, as the world No.1 fears being sent home on a plane amid his anti-vaccination stance.

Djokovic is tonight appealing Australia's decision to cancel his visa, after arriving in Melbourne for the

Australian Open claiming to have received a medical exemption.

Nadal this afternoon played his first singles match since August in the Melbourne Summer Set, defeating Ricardas Berankis 6-2, 7-5.

The 20-time grand slam singles champion was then asked for his views on the Djokovic drama in his post-match press conference.

"I think if he wanted, he would be playing here in Australia without a problem ... He made his own decisions, and everybody is free to take their own decisions, but then there are some consequences," Nadal said.

"Of course I don't like the situation that is happening. In some way I feel sorry for him.

"But at the same time, he knew the conditions since a lot of months ago, so he makes his own decision."

Nadal then reiterated his opinion on COVID-19 vaccination.

"Of course after a lot of people had been dying for two years, my feeling is the vaccine is the only way to stop this pandemic," Nadal said.

"That's what the people who understand this says, and I am no one to create a different opinion."

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fcc6a45bc-d787-409e-a0e5-7a8888b0c362

https://wwos.nine.com.au/tennis/atp-cup-2022-day-6-live-scores-results-melbourne-summer-set-adelaide-international/de7b6a4e-21ee-47e7-a447-4e03a37e4034

30 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I am with Djoko on his choice, but he should have just pulled out of Australian open. Rules are rules. The Authoritarian state of Australia has the right to decide the rules within its territory.

What ? They're the first ones to join the land of the free in spreading fweedoms and democracy around the world. 

23 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Huh? That's Trumplandia, you obviously have mixed up some major continents!

Nope, you read it wrong. 

They're the first ones to join the land of the free in spreading fweedoms and democracy around the world. 

I said join the US ~ land of the free (home of the brave etc)

Australians have fought alongside Americans in every major US military action of the last century, including World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, the Persian Gulf, Somalia, East Timor, Afghanistan and Iraq.

https://usa.embassy.gov.au/defence-cooperation

45 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Lol all the Nole fans and supporters have gone crazy. Nole's father has likened him to the modern equivalent of Jesus, calling it a modern day crucifixion. He's saying Djokovic is revolutionary and rebel against modern diplomatic tyranny. 

Seems like Djokovic Sr is good mates with Damir Dokic.

Don't get why double vaccination is a necessity when vaccine isn't able to stop infection? Negative PCR test should be enough. Vaccines are proving useless in preventing infections.

It again proves that govts everywhere are shutiya. 

Edited by rkt.india