Novak Djokovic's Australian visa cancelled

EnterTheVoid

10 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Proud Serbians Australians outside the quarantine facility supporting their hero adopted country by waving their flag and doing their bit for (stopping) spread of covid, look at the full precautions on display

Novak_Djokovic_1641469184240_16414691844

And the candles to "mourn" the oppression Novak is "suffering". *Sobbing*

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Not wanting the vaccine is not akin to being anti-vaccine. Similarly, taking the vaccine is not akin to being pro vaccine. Health is personal subject and we all have our reasons. This is just simplistic political division.

Being pro or anti vaccine isn't the issue here. The issue was not following proper travel procedure or guidelines. If Djokovic didn't want to take the vaccine, he could've skipped the tournament like other players did. He thought he could get away with it because he's more richer and influential than them. 

On 1/7/2022 at 3:38 PM, I6MTW said:

He thought he could get away with it because he's more richer and influential than them. 

He likely will, this is a major diplomatic incident now & unless ScoMo holds his ground the Djoker will play!

On 1/7/2022 at 9:30 AM, Clarke said:

Proud Serbians Australians outside the quarantine facility supporting their hero adopted country by waving their flag and doing their bit for (stopping) spread of covid, look at the full precautions on display

Novak_Djokovic_1641469184240_16414691844

Hope our self flagellating Indian Australian  can comment on this. They are betraying the beautiful Island nationa.

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Yea there are some photos and evidence that he attended an event after being positive, not conclusive yet though. But if it's proven to be true, then yep, he is one of the most craziest pricks out there. One on hand he's done well for players, and donated for wildfires and other humanitarian aid. But on the other hand he does crazy stuff and put people's lives at risk, and also takes controversial stances that have no benefit for anyone. It shows that, nothing is black or white. A person can never be good or bad, it's a grey area, and Djokovic has the greyest one. 

novak could have avoided posting on SM about his arrival in Australia. He could have slipped through immigration and kept his motor mouth shut until its day1 at AO. Now even a WTA player who got in is under investigation.

but regardless of his vaccination status, TA giving exemptions and the pm giving his word that such exemptions will be honored and pm turning back on his word doesn't give a good impression of Australia and its PM. Now nobody will take his word on anything or for that matter AUs govts'.

Australia is getting a reputation of being a post democratic authoritarian government ever since quarter govind. The whole world is slowly changing to a police state but Aus are taking it to a new level. I would shudder to think a world where such police states become the norm.

Having said this, Novak may be a plant himself giving the aussie lynch mob something to hate while their freedoms are being taken away. One thing is for sure though. Australia, their PM, tennis australia and Novak love to be in a drama listed in order of decreasing levels of drama

On 1/6/2022 at 1:45 PM, SujitPrakash said:

Rafa's brutal truth for Novak

Rafael Nadal has made it very clear that Novak Djokovic has no one to blame other than himself, as the world No.1 fears being sent home on a plane amid his anti-vaccination stance.

Djokovic is tonight appealing Australia's decision to cancel his visa, after arriving in Melbourne for the

Australian Open claiming to have received a medical exemption.

Nadal this afternoon played his first singles match since August in the Melbourne Summer Set, defeating Ricardas Berankis 6-2, 7-5.

The 20-time grand slam singles champion was then asked for his views on the Djokovic drama in his post-match press conference.

"I think if he wanted, he would be playing here in Australia without a problem ... He made his own decisions, and everybody is free to take their own decisions, but then there are some consequences," Nadal said.

"Of course I don't like the situation that is happening. In some way I feel sorry for him.

"But at the same time, he knew the conditions since a lot of months ago, so he makes his own decision."

Nadal then reiterated his opinion on COVID-19 vaccination.

"Of course after a lot of people had been dying for two years, my feeling is the vaccine is the only way to stop this pandemic," Nadal said.

"That's what the people who understand this says, and I am no one to create a different opinion."

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fcc6a45bc-d787-409e-a0e5-7a8888b0c362

https://wwos.nine.com.au/tennis/atp-cup-2022-day-6-live-scores-results-melbourne-summer-set-adelaide-international/de7b6a4e-21ee-47e7-a447-4e03a37e4034

Rafa is an establishment puppet. He has been so from the day he started his career. Its ironic that he had recent corona episode and he is eligible to play but novak is not. Its rich of him to talk now that novak isnt playing. The next time they meet again, novak will have his payback. I have witnessed the exodus of nadalistas in tennis forums after novak beat him in the last FO :lol: Even Fed fans stayed after the heartbreak of WIM 19. Fed and Novak have strong fanbases just like their player. Nadal fans are fairweather fans. They have to be for their man is just an opportunistic vulture when Novak or Fed is not there. He was no2 when Fed was no.1 and right when Fed started declining, he must have thought its my time now. But Novak got to no.1 and Nadal ended up as the perpetual no.2

On 1/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, I6MTW said:

Being pro or anti vaccine isn't the issue here. The issue was not following proper travel procedure or guidelines. If Djokovic didn't want to take the vaccine, he could've skipped the tournament like other players did. He thought he could get away with it because he's more richer and influential than them. 

Bingo. 

Textbook open and shut case. 

Do the crime, do the time. And in his case, if he's found to have done the dodgy, he won't be let in to Australia for three years. 

No one I know is feeling any sympathy for him. And rightfully so. 

Some years ago, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard smuggled their dogs into Australia via their private plane. 

You know. Rich people. Influential people. Entitled people. Rules don't apply to them apparently. 

"Pistol" and Boo" were given an ultimatum: Get out of the country or get euthanasized.

Pistol and Boo left the country in a rush. Johnny and Amber gave grovelling apologies. 

Heavy handed tactics. But that's the language these entitled pricks understand. 

6 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Some years ago, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard smuggled their dogs into Australia via their private plane. 

You know. Rich people. Influential people. Entitled people. Rules don't apply to them apparently. 

"Pistol" and Boo" were given an ultimatum: Get out of the country or get euthanasized.

Pistol and Boo left the country in a rush. Johnny and Amber gave grovelling apologies. 

Heavy handed tactics. But that's the language these entitled pricks understand. 

:hysterical:

On 1/7/2022 at 3:38 PM, I6MTW said:

Guideline of being vaccinated would have been logical if vaccines had prevented reinfection but they do not do that. PCR test is the only important thing.

This looks more like a publicity stunt from Aus govt more than anything else. Why would a PM a first world country talk about the denial of entry of a tennis player no matter how famous he is. Doesn't the PM have more important issues at hand like running the country, parliament discussions, etc and let due process take its course rather than giving press conference regarding this issue every day. I guess this is newsworthy to a lot of demoralized people.

When the govt issues a severe lockdown, the people who are at the brunt of it would not allow any outsider to claim special status especially if this someone is rich and famous. Hence the outrage when Novak posted his arrival in the tarmac at the airport. Whether or not Novak is part of this whole scheme, Aus govt is trying to show its toughness even to rich and famous people thereby restoring people's faith in the govt to be "hard but fair". We all know how fair it is during sandpaper gate.

If a govt is brutal to its people and are raising resentment, this is the strategy they follow. Allow them to "vent" their frustrations on some person/entity and they gladly lap it up. 

This is the aussie lynch mobs on twitter and the person on screen is novak :laugh:

18 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Even booster is useless in preventing infection.

Not quite true, bhai.  Am not sure how to copy/paste images from a pdf, so I am giving the link and copying the relevant conclusion.  Unvaccinated individuals transmit Omicron at >2x the rate of boosted individuals.  

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.27.21268278v1.full.pdf

Furthermore, we show that fully vaccinated and booster-vaccinated individuals are generally less susceptible to infection compared to unvaccinated individuals (Table 2). We also show that booster-vaccinated individuals generally had a reduced transmissibility (OR: 0.72, CI: 0.56-0.92), and that unvaccinated individuals had a higher transmissibility (OR: 1.41, CI: 1.27-1.57), compared to fully vaccinated individuals.  

Maybe you had another research paper showing something different, and I'd be happy to be corrected in that case.