Marathon Man (Hoffman)

2001 - A Space Odyssey

Lillies of the field (Sidney Poitier)

For Guilty pleasure, watched all Dirty Harry series movie

Dirty Harry

Magnum Force

The Enforcer

Sudden Impact

Dead Pool (has cameos of Jim Carrey and Liam Neesan)

No takers? 
Lillies of the field was the best. Sidney Poitier is a great actor, at the time of civil rights movement, such a movie about common blacks is so heartwarming. I think he won an Oscar for it.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

No takers? 
Lillies of the field was the best. Sidney Poitier is a great actor, at the time of civil rights movement, such a movie about common blacks is so heartwarming. I think he won an Oscar for it.

Good time spent!  ... Is that your new favorite list? ... Most of them have been discussed on various threads so my comments on the films would be there: 

Ikuru was briefly/mentioned discussed on the Anand thread: 

Lillies on the field, I recall watching it on the Criterion Channel.  A good film. I like Sidney Poitier. Reminds me a bit of AB!

Edited by zen

5 minutes ago, zen said:

Nice ... Is that your favorite list? ... Most of them have been discussed on various threads so my comments on the films are there: 

Ikuru was briefly/mentioned discussed on the Anand thread: 

Lillies on the field, I recall watching it on the Criterion Channel, may have been discussed there.  A good film. I like Sidney Poitier. Reminds me a bit of AB!

Not favorite, perhaps best movies recently watched list. I watched Ikuru looking for any similarities with Anand, other than the terminally ill main character, there is no similarity with the story , treatment of characters or dialogues

Edited by coffee_rules

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Not favorite, perhaps best movies recently watched list. I watched Ikuru looking for any similarities with Anand, other than the terminally ill main character, there is no similarity with the story , treatment of characters or dialogues

Both films are based on Tolstoy's The Death of Ivan Ilyich. Themes are similar, treatments different. 

16 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Contemplating to watch West Side Story from Spielberg. How’s it?

have not seen that one yet. spielberg is usually quite faithful to the original (i.e., the play). the original movie from the 60s is a lot of fun

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Contemplating to watch West Side Story from Spielberg. How’s it?

WSS, watch the original … if you haven’t watched the original, then the remake may make sense. Below is what wrote on Speilberg’s thread:  

“Finally got a chance to see WWS … As a remake done by Spielberg, I was expecting a bit more (or maybe even a different take) from the film … At the end of the day, it felt like a pointless initiative by Spielberg.”

I could not find An American in Paris (1951) on my streaming channels so I purchased it on iTunes … Had a good time with it.  Watched it a long long time ago so it was like watching a new film. It feels like a fine tuned Bollywood golden age film. 

An American in Paris (1951) and Singin’ in the Rain (1952) are a great watch for Gene Kelly fans. 

PS The film’s transfer is also good. The studio is said to have done some kind of restoration in the 2000s. If and when it gets a 4K treatment using the latest tech, the transfer could get even better!

Singin’ in the Rain was recently launched in 4K. However, its original negatives were destroyed in a fire so the studio had to use secondary sources, relying on much of the work already done in 2000s.

Edited by zen