The Indian Pace Bowling Pool need more Bounce Bowlers ... We suffered in South Africa because we could not use bounce as a weapon against ther top 6 batters

Very happy to see Bumrah using bounce as a weapon again.

.. Wicket taking bouncers and rising short balls.

.. Bouncers and rising short balls as set up balls to push batters on the back foot for the upcoming fuller balls to be more effective.

.. Hostile bouncers and rising short balls to soften batters up

Bumrah has done everything in the 2 tests in this series.

This is the way to go ... and lots of wickets as a result.

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very happy to see Bumrah using bounce a weapon again.

.. Wicket taking bouncers

.. Bouncers as set up balls to push batters on the back foot for the upcoming fuller balls to be more effective.

.. Hostile bouncers to soften batters up

.. Rising short balls both as set up balls as well as hostile balls

Bumrah has done everything in the 2 tests in this series.

This is the way to go ... and lots of wickets as a result.

Why dint he try bouncers as much in s Africa test 3? I guess injuries hampered us with siraj out. Also useless batting that couldn't last 50 overs gave no rest to our bowlers. Umesh was rubbish. Missed siraj for third test badly. 

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why dint he try bouncers as much in s Africa test 3? I guess injuries hampered us with siraj out. Also useless batting that couldn't last 50 overs gave no rest to our bowlers. Umesh was rubbish. Missed siraj for third test badly. 

In SA, the back of a length rising balls could have been very effective ( because the 2nd and 3rd test pitches had both bounce as well as variable bounce )  .... and Bumrah is usually a master of this ball. 

Edited by express bowling
17 minutes ago, Jay said:

He was banging it in a little too short there. Evidence is the number of byes we were conceding when he tried it. That short ball is not the same on all pitches and conditions. 

19 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

He was banging it in a little too short there. Evidence is the number of byes we were conceding when he tried it. That short ball is not the same on all pitches and conditions. 

Damn looking back would have been better if we bowled back of length and just maintained outside off. Trap them eventually. 

Our batsmen were useless. I feel sorry for our atg bowlers who have to play with those filthy POSs. Thankfully some new gems in batting are emerging. 

19 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Damn looking back would have been better if we bowled back of length and just maintained outside off. Trap them eventually. 

Our batsmen were useless. I feel sorry for our atg bowlers who have to play with those filthy POSs. Thankfully some new gems in batting are emerging. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

they were tactically not sound, although they have great skills. this is where the role of coach (or lack thereof) comes in.

5 hours ago, Vijy said:

they were tactically not sound, although they have great skills. this is where the role of coach (or lack thereof) comes in.

very good point about needing coaches for the more technical execution. thats where coach comes in yes. all pros have skills and certain abilities. ITs up to coaches to maximise the use of their full potential.