The Indian Pace Bowling Pool need more Bounce Bowlers ... We suffered in South Africa because we could not use bounce as a weapon against ther top 6 batters

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Indians have always been poor at using the bouncer as a set up delivery.

When bouncers are used freely then batsmen are circumspect about coming on the front foot.

Which means, even when there is minimal movement on offer, this circumspect front foot movement, due to sufficient bouncer usage, often induces edges.

But we just like to float the ball up 

Also it's cause in India you need to float it up or bowl yorkers and full length. 

But yea from 2015-2021 Indian bowling attack was the best and used bouncers in every game. Bowlers hostler spells. It's gone since bharat arun quit. Now it's all floaty in 2022. We are losing games we should be winning with ease away from home..

SA series was ours for the taking. 

Even this last test.

Sure our batting is terrible and doesn't give enough rest to our bowlers. Regardless, we should have utilised bouncers more often as it can intimidate and force batsmen to be conservative. 

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

Also it's cause in India you need to float it up or bowl yorkers and full length. 

But yea from 2015-2021 Indian bowling attack was the best and used bouncers in every game. Bowlers hostler spells. It's gone since bharat arun quit. Now it's all floaty in 2022. We are losing games we should be winning with ease away from home..

SA series was ours for the taking. 

Even this last test.

Sure our batting is terrible and doesn't give enough rest to our bowlers. Regardless, we should have utilised bouncers more often as it can intimidate and force batsmen to be conservative. 

use bouncers and also yorkers. even a beamer if necessary to unsettle batters. up to 1 or 2 are allowed per match per bowler.

Indians adopted the correct tactics for a change.

Hardik, Prasidh and Siraj started hitting the deck very hard for bounce ... in conditions where the ball was not moving ... and limited the the much celebrated English LOI batting to below 260 on a very flat pitch. And we won comfortably at the end. 

This is the way forward on pitches with either good bounce OR with variable bounce. 

We must use bounce as a weapon in suitable conditions. The result is there for all to see.

Love this 4 pronged proper pace attack of

Bumrah 

Shami / Siraj

Prasidh 

Hardik

Edited by express bowling
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

The Indian cricket fraternity is obsessed with swing ... accuracy ... pace 

But the world of cricket has been ruled for ages by ... bounce at pace .. zip off the deck ... seam movement ... accuracy

The day we realize this, we will increase our win %.

I have always. Always been a huuuuuge admirer of hostile bowling. Bowling that utilises bounce, zip off deck, yorkers interspersed with pace and accuracy. 

I never liked express pacers tbh because they often lack bounce and zip. I call such bowlers phaast trundlers. Not you. I like you the poster lol. I prefer deadly bounce combo with fast medium plus pace and zip. 

Fast swingers too don't excite me. They are conditions dependent. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I have always. Always been a huuuuuge admirer of hostile bowling. Bowling that utilises bounce, zip off deck, yorkers interspersed with pace and accuracy. 

I never liked express pacers tbh because they often lack bounce and zip. I call such bowlers phaast trundlers. Not you. I like you the poster lol. I prefer deadly bounce combo with fast medium plus pace and zip. 

True.

And I am talking about the effectiveness part too.

Teams which have used hostile bounce, preferably at pace, as their primary weapon have been the most dominant teams. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

True.

And I am talking about the effectiveness part too.

Teams which have used hostile bounce, preferably at pace, as their primary weapon have been the most dominant teams. 

Exactly. I try to explain to these idiots who have never played cricket at a higher level. They just don't get it. 

Facing pace can be mastered. You can get better at playing high pace. Pure pace with no bounce or seam movement. Hell even the movement can be neutralized. 

When you add in bounce it just becomes a whole lot harder. A whole lot lot harder. You need to face the bounce to know how difficult it is when you get a well directed short ball into the body. 

Believe me, I have been hit by around 130 ks in grade level cricket. I have played in A 3 warehouse and grade 3. In Queensland we go from grade 1- 7. 

Above grade 1 is state team which marnus plays for. So pretty close to the top. Trust me. 130 with bounce is painful. It hurts alot. Players have been floored. Now imagine bumrah or Cummins coming at you bowling 140 plus with bounce. That is downright terrifying. 

Consistent Bounce at anything above 130 is scary to face. It is intimidating. Yeah you could take a few hits at 130 perhaps but the moment it tips over 135, your bones are bounce to break sooner or later. I don't care what anyone says. Nobody is comfortable vs a proper bouncer. Even warner who is a good player of bounce is suspecibtle to getting out only to a delivery that rises. 

Root? Good player of bounce but he too has issues outside off vs rising deliveries. Steven smith? Good body directed short ball can beat him too. 

Edited by Jay
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Exactly. I try to explain to these idiots who have never played cricket at a higher level. They just don't get it. 

Facing pace can be mastered. You can get better at playing high pace. Pure pace with no bounce or seam movement. Hell even the movement can be neutralized. 

When you add in bounce it just becomes a whole lot harder. A whole lot lot harder. You need to face the bounce to know how difficult it is when you get a well directed short ball into the body. 

Believe me, I have been hit by around 130 ks in grade level cricket. I have played in A 3 warehouse and grade 3. In Queensland we go from grade 1- 7. 

Above grade 1 is state team which marnus plays for. So pretty close to the top. Trust me. 130 with bounce is painful. It hurts alot. Players have been floored. Now imagine bumrah or Cummins coming at you bowling 140 plus with bounce. That is downright terrifying. 

Consistent Bounce at anything above 130 is scary to face. It is intimidating. Yeah you could take a few hits at 130 perhaps but the moment it tips over 135, your bones are bounce to break sooner or later. I don't care what anyone says. Nobody is comfortable vs a proper bouncer. Even warner who is a good player of bounce is suspecibtle to getting out only to a delivery that rises. 

Root? Good player of bounce but he too has issues outside off vs rising deliveries. Steven smith? Good body directed short ball can beat him too. 

I would not have expected 130 to be prevalent in grade 3. most club level bowlers that I have heard of from other anecdotes don't cross 120 often.

can the bowling machines replicate high bounce bowling..by keeping at height..to help batters like Iyer,Shaw..who could have done well..if not tormented by short pitch balls..

Also, sometime back..I heard English team practiced with a bowling machine maybe "Mervin"..to replicate Kuldeep Yadav..they did play him well in that series..and Kulcha started to fade after that..Arguably,that Merwin could replicate any bowler..if this is true..why cant BCCI buy it in loads and put in NCA..or trainings..

It was "Merlyn" I guess..per this article..if its the same one they used

http://www.bola.co.uk/Merlyn.html

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

I would not have expected 130 to be prevalent in grade 3. most club level bowlers that I have heard of from other anecdotes don't cross 120 often.

yes that is true. it is prevalent amongst top 4 sides you know why? again due to picking players from grade 1 to have game time with the grade 2 or 3 boys. and there is lot of over 25 representing under 21s rofl even in australia. it happens alot. fill ins we say. 

india should balance their bowling attack in SENA conditions.
for me attack from one end with shami and bumrah and contain+swing from other end with bowlers like bhuvi , deepak chahar.
There is No need of average performers like siraj shardul.I think bhuvi and chahar are much better options in test matches in SENA conditions

On 7/19/2022 at 3:35 AM, Jay said:

one guy who comes to mind is mohd saami of pak.. that guy used to bowl fast 145 with no purpose 

On 7/19/2022 at 2:04 PM, Need4Speed said:

can the bowling machines replicate high bounce bowling..by keeping at height..to help batters like Iyer,Shaw..who could have done well..if not tormented by short pitch balls..

Also, sometime back..I heard English team practiced with a bowling machine maybe "Mervin"..to replicate Kuldeep Yadav..they did play him well in that series..and Kulcha started to fade after that..Arguably,that Merwin could replicate any bowler..if this is true..why cant BCCI buy it in loads and put in NCA..or trainings..

It was "Merlyn" I guess..per this article..if its the same one they used

http://www.bola.co.uk/Merlyn.html

bcci heads will only realize after all the major teams use it to dust

On 7/30/2022 at 9:48 PM, Stan AF said:

Something like this??

That's how you bowl. That's hostile bowling. Too bad mitch could only do it inconsistently. 

He was never good enough to dominate good batsmen on unhelpful pitches. He had a like a 2 year peak where he was unplayable and was widely inconsistent around that peak. 

@vvvslaxman posted this video in another thread.

Mohsin Khan  ........

6'4" tall left armer

Hits the deck hard and gets steep bounce

Bowls 135 k to 145 k with odd balls at 150 k.

Gets outswing regularly

Bowls a great line and length

Both wicket taking and economical 

Bowls well at all phases

How is he not in contention for Australia  ?

I don't buy that dodgy hamstring story. Must have recovered now.

All 4 Australian quicks got bounce off length.

Only Siraj got bounce off length among Indians.

Not a surprise as Shardul and Shami are short and Umesh has a round armed action. 

This made a big difference and was one of the reasons why we got dismissed cheaply while Australians scored 460 odd in the 1st innings.

I don't know why tall, hit the deck quicks are ignored by Indians. 

On 10/6/2022 at 3:48 AM, express bowling said:

Kuldeep Sen snorter to Pujara

That ball wasn't even short but bounced so much.

We need bounce bowlers like this.

Even Bhuvi can prolly bounce current Pujara