Not my job: Virat Kohli refrains from discussing Pujara, Rahane future

vvvslaxman

53 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Youre being an imbecile here. I dont expect Rahane and Pujara to give up their careers.

Read carefully then post next time, instead of a retarded ricochet reaction.

The fault is with BCCI for selecting them in the squad.

you said they are putting self interest over country’s. That’s the part I responded to. Nobody would give up their amdani in professional sports

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

you said they are putting self interest over country’s. That’s the part I responded to. Nobody would give up their amdani in professional sports

But then they are in wrong profession then, they are playing sports as a member of India team. Had they been Government emploee or some blood sucking manager of BPO no one would have question them.

2 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

All are failures. 

You want to know the major glaring problem here, not a single elite blue chip successful cricketer on the board.

• Chetan Sharma (Chairman)
  • Abey Kuruvilla (Member)
  • Debashish Mohanty (Member)
  • Harvinder Singh (Member)
  • Sunil Joshi (Member)

I would love to know which former cricketers have applied and been rejected?

@Vijy@express bowling

Have said it before and will say it again , the only reason for continued backing by TM was to make sure the focus was off Kohli's non performance. The same strategy was used till the 2019 WC to keep the focus off Dhoni by picking duds like Kedar JAdhav and Rayudu. Only hope was Dravid putting a stop to this but unfortunately he has been a disappointment so far.

19 minutes ago, SandeepMotta said:

Have said it before and will say it again , the only reason for continued backing by TM was to make sure the focus was off Kohli's non performance. The same strategy was used till the 2019 WC to keep the focus off Dhoni by picking duds like Kedar JAdhav and Rayudu. Only hope was Dravid putting a stop to this but unfortunately he has been a disappointment so far.

Correct.

You cant sack the captain when there is even worse players to deal with first.

One solution for Indian cricket is to have a panel for team selection. It might sound laughable, but BCCI has made it very clear that the result of a game or series does not dictate captaincy.

If Kohli's captaincy was linked purely to winning a series, even he would be forced to pick the best side possible.

If I was made captain of India (lol) and it was linked "only" to beating SA in the series, I would be forced to pick the best XI and not worry who I upset along the way.

27 minutes ago, SandeepMotta said:

Dravid was also selected for the same reason, to ensure that duds are backed and encouraged

11 hours ago, neel roy said:

He scored 3 off 8 balls in 2014 t20 wc Final. That too opening.

2015 world cup semi final against aus has to be the worst innings ever, literally the guy had no clue, kept getting beaten for pace against Faulkner, threw his wicket away against bang in the quarter finals too after playing 30 balls for 15 runs. Asia cup 2014 game against Pak another rahane special 23 of 50 balls, got out hacking.

8 hours ago, raki05 said:

But then they are in wrong profession then, they are playing sports as a member of India team. Had they been Government emploee or some blood sucking manager of BPO no one would have question them.

The point is nobody will step down unless they believe they don’t have it in them to succeed. It is up to the selection to decide if they’re patient enough to keep them in the team. It is laughable to expect them to retire for the good of the country

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

The point is nobody will step down unless they believe they don’t have it in them to succeed. It is up to the selection to decide if they’re patient enough to keep them in the team. It is laughable to expect them to retire for the good of the country

Ya that's true and they ll face continuous criticism if not perform is also a truth.

9 hours ago, SRT100 said:

No read carefully.

I said the fault is with the BCCI.

Arrey yaar , read what you write. You ALSO said,

Kohli, Rahane and Pujara are all placing their best interests ahead of Country India.

The BCCI needs to stop picking them in the squads.”

Now, you read my responses in the context of the boldest part. What has country India’s best interests go to do with the cricketers?