Lessons learnt from Pujara and Rahane’s mediocre career?

Vancouver

13 hours ago, maniac said:

Controversial opinion : Even though they were average or just above-average overall, they have played more clutch knocks in tests than the 3 big men of Indian cricket :Kohli + Dhoni and (sadly) Rohit put together.

Pujara’s knocks in Australia, his epic knock opening the batting in Srilanka and a couple of other clutch knocks at home vs England and Australia when he was in his peak came in real back to the wall situations .

Rahane’s knocks in Lords,MCG, home series vs Australia were legendary.

Lets not demean them just because they are in their twilight. Yes they overstayed their welcome but why blame them? Which player in the world will tell selectors not to pick him unless you are Hardik Pandya.

The "clutch" knocks appear so since Bumrah averaged < 20, Ishant & Shami < 25, Ashwin & Jadeja < 30 in a single series. Replace those performances with Agarkar & Nehra, he'll appear as a stats padder as per the lahori logic on display these days.

Sundar can slot in at 5 or 6, depending on context. Gill will be good on pacy pitches and Iyer in home conditions. I am one of the few who rate Sarfaraz quite highly but lack of Ranjis has stalled his development. An ugly, but effective, player - very comfortable against spin and decent enough against pace. We do not have people who "bat time" in Ranjis since the mode of batting has changed quite a lot. Some of the U19 batters look tuk-tuk with good technique (Rasheed), so perhaps they can push on. Lastly, Gaekwad deserves a go at some point, as does Shaw.

Shaw, Gaekwad, Vihari/KLR (better at 3), Gill/Iyer, Sarfaraz, Sundar, Pant --> this would be a good top 7 in most conditions.
Shaw's technique is bad. He will give it to the slips every other innings like Mayank.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

My favorite Indian test batsman is Sehwag as I like that style of play ... My picks for the top 4 batting slots would be Gavaskar, Sehwag, Pujara & Sachin for different reasons 

Sachin, I rate him as the most loved and talented batsman to play for India. He has a wide fan base eager to show that he is the best. Sachin has no major weaknesses technically speaking. 

Pujara instead of Dravid
Can't digest this.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk