Kohli steps down as Test captain

Just now, AuxiliA said:

Damn! That was totally unexpected. An extremely sad and anti-climactic way to go. He has certainly lost favours with the BCCI. 

People on this forum are too harsh on him at times (or rather most times lol). He was the GOAT Indian test captain. Transformed our test bowling in ways no one had imagined. Was looking forward to him breaking the record for most test wins as captain. Sadly it not gonna happen. 

His own form with the bat nosedived,did right by stepping down

Everything has a shelf life,he may have thought to resurrect his batting form across formats

Would be better if he supports the next incoming captain,whole backlash around him as a player,team performance, captaincy was reactive

At the end people want this side reach the heights which only GOAT sides did,

Hope the upcoming WCs be his swan song

4 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Needed to manage the egos better. Ganguly basically doing the same thing that Chappell did to him. 

How do you know that?

Needless to bring Ganguly here

Wonder why people here are getting so emotional when they were wishing for it day in and out

He expected to win here without breaking sweat instead lost to a side in transition and his own decision to back two duds backfired,it all came back to him,its a natural process no one is indespensable,his influence slowly started to fade with his form

Part of human psychology, people tend to get emotional when things like this happen outta nowhere

Edited by Suhaan
7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

His own form with the bat nosedived,did right by stepping down

Everything has a shelf life,he may have thought to resurrect his batting form across formats

Would be better if he supports the next incoming captain,whole backlash around him as a player,team performance, captaincy was reactive

At the end people want this side reach the heights which only GOAT sides did,

Hope the upcoming WCs be his swan song

He should have continued till this WTC cycle. Last year was our best in test history. 

What an anti-climactic end. I feel a bit sad. 

Anyways I hope he plays the role Tendulkar played post 2005. 

21 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Kohli as test captain in last 2 years - 7 wins, 7 losses in 15 tests. "Doing so well" my foot. After the next annual ranking update, we will probably be the 3rd or 4th ranked test team.

If it's BCCI, kudos to them. The next home cycle starts from our next test series vs SL. Best to start rebuilding for next SENA under a new captain from here 

Let's put that into context though, away tours to Aus, England, SA 

Wow didn't see that coming.  Completely blindsided me.

Maybe the SA loss along with all the hue & cry about how he let rip at broadcasters brought it to a head.

I hope he continues playing as a batsman & also continue tormenting opposition players/commentators/broadcasters with his on-field 'activities':laugh:

24 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

For some reason I believe our Test batting positions will take a while to settle.  We don't have next Aus/SA tour for quite a while.  Plenty of home fixtures & SL WI tours are lined up.  Exact time period we need to groom players like Gill Iyer Bihari or even Ruturaj who I think is ultimate dark horse when it comes to test spot soon. 

I hope Ruturaj gets a chance soon. Too good a player. 

Sad that he had to step down, BCCI could have handled this better.

Disappointing to see this turn of events , he was far better test captain than many so called legends.

He was aggressive and decisive , got result and made some mistakes. Unlike some of his overly hyped predecessor who was one dimensional and was more into PR exercise.

3 minutes ago, ind_hyd1 said:

Sad that he had to step down, BCCI could have handled this better.

Disappointing to see this turn of events , he was far better test captain than many so called legends.

He was aggressive and decisive , got result and made some mistakes. Unlike some of his overly hyped predecessor who was one dimensional and was more into PR exercise.

What's better than stepping down, being kicked out?