Kohli steps down as Test captain

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Was on the cards when Rohit was made VC. This series was must win for Kohli. Now I wonder if players in Rohit camp caused loss,

Anyway clearly our best Test captain ever.Backed players but same backing cost his captaincy

So you want to say,Rahane and Discount Pujara will giggle and say "we deliberately played bad for Maggie bhai"at some corner

For all the hype: won 1 series in Australia that too in the absence of their star players.

He won’t be captain for the final England test too.

ICC record is self explanatory.

Coming to the positives,  I don’t believe he went and discovered the fast bowling unit all by himself like some of his fans believe ,because Umesh, Ishant, Shami, Bhuvi have been around forever. However his attitude and confidence  definitely rubbed off on the bowling unit while under Dhoni they were just clocking in and out like railway employees (no pun intended)

As a batsman no doubt he is world class.

Just like Kohli made us miss Dhoni now hope it doesn’t get worse with Rahul :wall:

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

Was on the cards when Rohit was made VC. This series was must win for Kohli. Now I wonder if players in Rohit camp caused loss,

Anyway clearly our best Test captain ever.Backed players but same backing cost his captaincy

Only a few seniors that too in the last stages of his captaincy. In the first 4-5 years as captain, he was chopping and changing the team at his whims and fancies

I welcome the decision although some would say he could have stayed on for 1-2 years and hand over to the new guy .

kohli captained well enough in his peak but signs were there that his time was over .

7 years is too much ,now we definitely need to rebuild and start looking at the future .

I hope it's not Raul ,he is too meek to lead ,any chance of Rishabh? Too young but who knows 

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Only a few seniors that too in the last stages of his captaincy. In the first 4-5 years as captain, he was chopping and changing the team at his whims and fancies

Bumrah debuted under him and that itself changed the shape of our pace bowling.

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

He will be out of the side by the end of the cycle...  Hello Bollywood then. 

Anyways as long as new captain is not KLR..  I'd be fine.  Rohit as temporary fix & vice captaincy to Pant. 

To preserve his brand value, it's better if he retires sooner rather than later. Once retired, his recent failures will be forgotten and he gains legend stature. With Bollywood connections, he can milk it to the max. The longer he plays, the more exposed he will be as a washed up batsman who can't cut it anymore at the highest level. 

If we go by the timing of this decision and announcing it in twitter/insta, it is sure that BCCI has taken by surprise about this decision.. I am pretty sure he wanted this decision and he may not have informed this decision to BCCI and may have announced it directly..As usual immaturity from Kohli..If he wanted to go , probably would have consulted selectors and BCCI first, and they would've suggested a timeline for easier transition..Its like 'I am pissed that ODI captaincy is taken away from me, I dont want test captaincy too'..

Just now, urbestfriend said:

If we go by the timing of this decision and announcing it in twitter/insta, it is sure that BCCI has taken by surprise about this decision.. I am pretty sure he wanted this decision and he may not have informed this decision to BCCI and may have announced it directly..As usual immaturity from Kohli..If he wanted to go , probably would have consulted selectors and BCCI first, and they would've suggested a timeline for easier transition..Its like 'I am pissed that ODI captaincy is taken away from me, I dont want test captaincy too'..

He has been a failure in that regard throughout his tenure. Remember Dhoni left the scene when he was certain Virat is ready to take over. And today we are all guessing who will be the next captain.