Jump to content
ShoonyaSifar

Our next LOI series: At home, 3 ODIs vs WI who have lost to Ireland and BD this year

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Last time we picked entire young squad,we did zilch and won barely won ODI series and lost T20 series. 

If winning bilaterals is the priority, stats padding is the way to go.

 

BTW that team still had a washed up Dhawan, Bhuvi,  and the Pandya brothers. Replace them with Ruturaj, Prasidh, V. Iyer, Chahar/Bishnoi/Sai Kishore, add in Rahul, Iyer and Pant and they'd do much better 

Link to post
5 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Shaw

2. Ruturaj

3. Gill

4. Kishan 

5. Pant

6. Venkatesh

7. Axar

8. Shardul

9. Bishnoi

10. Prasidh

11. Siraj

v. good team. I'd like to see chahar/markandeya rotate with bishnoi. markandeya seems quite a good fit for LOIs.

 

we also need to look for other ARs, so I'd like to see Abhishek sharma, Prerak Mankad, and Samad in 15 too. If possible, Shahrukh should be given a game or two. rotation is important to gauge abilities of our back-up players.

Edited by Vijy
Link to post
48 minutes ago, Vijy said:

v. good team. I'd like to see chahar/markandeya rotate with bishnoi. markandeya seems quite a good fit for LOIs.

 

we also need to look for other ARs, so I'd like to see Abhishek and Samad in 15 too. If possible, Shahrukh should be given a game or two. rotation is important to gauge abilities of our back-up players.

 

 

Yes .... I too want Shah Rukh and Samad in the squad.

 

Even Umran can be rotated.

Link to post
Just now, express bowling said:

 

 

Yes .... I too want Shah Rukh and Samad in the squad.

 

Even Umran can be rotated.

yes, forgot about umran. if we are allowed a squad of 18, it would be better. hope to also see prerak mankad in some kind of "A" squads at least. batting is pretty good, and bowling is trundling (but not too bad). could be a genuine AR backup for V. Iyer

Link to post
6 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Though I agree seniors must be rested and perhaps will be but stats paddling is not necessarily a bad thing.

Every series need not be tough IMO.

Players need some breathing space as well.

Fair enough but seniors should sit out dead rubbers at-least. To boost up his win loss record, Kohli doesn't like to give chance to new players even if the series is already won by our team. 

Link to post
3 hours ago, Vijy said:

good team, altlough we should not rely too much on trundlers like deepak. batting is also a bit light with chahar at 7.

This is for Windies series assuming Shardul is rested. One trundler is fine. The problem with Dravid and co is that they are playing two of them. 

 

Now that I think about it again, no point resting Shardul as we do not have overseas test matches and he will rest during home matches.

Link to post
56 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

In that line up only Pant is u-25 (with a fitness of a 35 year old). Truly a side of geriatrics. We shouldn't really blame youngsters if they feel unwelcome in that team set up

Blame should also be on the youngsta Beauties . Even after in the circuit for 3-4 years and exposure of 4-5 years of IPL  with international players , they play senseless cricket . We had 2 games against a SA B side attack which was almost set up by mid innings to be won. What these morons do , go for glory shots and throw away matches . Can't buy excuses for non -performance by them for too long. Most of the younsters are boom or bust types which may work in T20 but not in 50 overs .   May need a hard look at what type of players we select at MO . Should be those guys who play with better consistency than senseless guys. 

Take the 3rd game -  Pant shot for the first ball, Iyer - Going for Hook which he is not comfortable at all & surya - Again glory shot when he had to just carry it for little longer ( though i would overlook Surya for the time being) .

  

Link to post
4 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Blame should also be on the youngsta Beauties . Even after in the circuit for 3-4 years and exposure of 4-5 years of IPL  with international players , they play senseless cricket . We had 2 games against a SA B side attack which was almost set up by mid innings to be won. What these morons do , go for glory shots and throw away matches . Can't buy excuses for non -performance by them for too long. Most of the younsters are boom or bust types which may work in T20 but not in 50 overs .   May need a hard look at what type of players we select at MO . Should be those guys who play with better consistency than senseless guys. 

Take the 3rd game -  Pant shot for the first ball, Iyer - Going for Hook which he is not comfortable at all & surya - Again glory shot when he had to just carry it for little longer ( though i would overlook Surya for the time being) .

  

Not really. These were slow wickets where batting got tougher as the innings goes on and therefore required set batsmen who had consumed lots of deliveries to stay long and not be content after hitting a 50 with a SR of 80 making the job of the lower order difficult. There is a reason why highest score chased at Paarl was 250 and at Cape Town 259. SA were 170/3 after 30 overs, QDK and VDV got out, they could get upto only 287 despite Miller being there almost till the end. In the 1st and 2nd ODI, they won because the set batsmen batted through the innings. In our case it was personal milestone, some more tuk tuk and gone.

 

BTW do check the stats, since the 2019 WC, Indian middle order (4-8) is performing better than all other teams. The issue is at the top where the personal milestones matter and the bowling conceding 25-30 runs than what can be chased on pitchesThat middle order had Pant playing his 20th ODIs, Surya in his 3rd ODI, Iyer in his 25th ODI. These are their last 5 ODI scores

Pant: 0(1), 85(79), 17(17), 78(62), 77(40), 257 runs@52, SR of 128

Iyer: 26(34), 11(14), 17(17), 6(9), 19(21), 79 runs@16, SR 85 - below par 

Surya: 39(32), 40(37), 53(44), 31(20), 163 runs@52, SR 122

 

Could they have done better? Of course. But then if you use this series to attack them, then lets be happy with the geriatrics and their stats padding ways.

 

 

 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...