Predict the winner  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party will form Govt in UP?

• BJP
    • Samajwadi Party
    • BSP
    • Congress
    • Others
  2. 2. Which Party will form Govt in Punjab?

3. 3. Which Party will form Govt in Uttarakhand, Goa & Manipur?

• BJP in all 3 states
    • BJP in Manipur only but lose other two states
    • Congress will win Uttarakhand and Goa
    • Other

10 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Goa could be a case of 4D chess. TMC and AAP with 12% vote have cut the pie size and handed over the victory to BJP. 

More than them its the goa revolutionary party which helped the bjp by cutting the mgp down to size in north goa. Its like mns cutting down the sena in 2009 to hand victory to cong ncp in maharashtra. 

Tmc vote share was dependent on the mgp and two to three strong independents who would have polled as much anyway regardless. 

Aap is gaining ground in south goa but so far its not impacting bjps bread and butter north.

2 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Count me in too in AAPIya and as a Kajriwal bhagt 

Applying for Indian citizenship to vote for him in the next elections. :laugh:

Identify yourself as Rohingya, you can easily move in to Delhi and vote for them. Delhi has pockets of areas where Rohingyas are settling down freely.

1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

More than them its the goa revolutionary party which helped the bjp by cutting the mgp down to size in north goa. Its like mns cutting down the sena in 2009 to hand victory to cong ncp in maharashtra. 

Tmc vote share was dependent on the mgp and two to three strong independents who would have polled as much anyway regardless. 

Aap is gaining ground in south goa but so far its not impacting bjps bread and butter north.

Misleading to give TMC a national party color. They had a seat sharing in Goa with MGP, )which is now supporting BJP in the govt) but all seats won were MGP and nothing for TMC. 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/elections/assembly-elections/goa/tmcs-high-decibel-campaign-in-goa-fizzles-to-a-nought/articleshow/90133898.cms

Sources in the TMC, however, indicated that the party is buoyed by its 5.21 per cent vote share in Goa and came second in four seats, an achievement given that it walked into the electoral fray in the state barely five months ago.

Party leaders have blamed the Congress for division of opposition votes which, they claim, has led to the victory of the BJP.

While the Congress' vote share has come down, the BJP has not been able to improve its share, a source said.

He also ..

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/elections/assembly-elections/goa/tmcs-high-decibel-campaign-in-goa-fizzles-to-a-nought/articleshow/90133898.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

11 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

It would be good to get some specifics. So 25% allocated to education vs "what"  and from where it has been allocated and what specific investments in education. Impact of education investments is long term but not so long that we can't see tangible investments on the ground. I would be interested in knowing more. From my search I saw only AAPie propoganda like Mohalla clinic. 

For the record, I am not all disappointed with AAP result. I think we need decent alternatives. But I wouldn't think too far ahead. Bhagwan Mann is CM of Punjab. Let's not lose sight of this. Zero experience in administration of a state. So they have steep learning curve. 

If this article is to be believed,

[quote] 

Delhi’s governance model under AAP, despite these cuts, was able to overcome some of these shortcomings by announcing a 106% increase in government allocation on education in its very first budget. The increase in funds have allowed government schools across Delhi to construct over 8,000 new classrooms and more than 12,000 classrooms have been upgraded with new amenities (for laboratories, conference facilities etc). Efforts have been taken to improve the in-class performance of teachers and staff, including an exercise of sending more than 200 teachers to receive pedagogical training at the National Institute of Education in Singapore.[/quote]

It is an interesting read. On the alleged profligacy of the Delhi AAP government.

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Misleading to give TMC a national party color. They had a seat sharing in Goa with MGP, )which is now supporting BJP in the govt) but all seats won were MGP and nothing for TMC. 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/elections/assembly-elections/goa/tmcs-high-decibel-campaign-in-goa-fizzles-to-a-nought/articleshow/90133898.cms

Sources are ipac which is now justifying the money spent.

Apart from mgp they gave somebody like churchill alemeo reputedly 10 crores to fight under their banner rather than an independent.

See only people they fooling are themselves. Trinamool under mukul roy tried this in north east. Bjp simply lifted their legislators.

What I enjoyed most about watching election night on NDTV/India Today was watching how pseudos like Sagarika Ghose, Yogendra Yadav were continuing with their sob story about how Congress was not able to use state machinery to market their achievements in Punjab unlike BJP in UP and how BJP has succeeded in polarization, etc etc. When AAP wins, they feel like democracy has won, but when BJP wins, it was because they were successful in polarization. No respect for voters and these guys think they are the only ones to know what is right and what is wrong and voters are fools. 

During this Congress debacle of epic proportions, the part that got under-reported is how badly these so called "Farmer leaders" actually did. They made all this noise and fuss for farmers and protested all over the place to stay in the headlines, but the reality is that these guys have absolutely no support on the ground. Check out this article about how dismal their performance was. These guys do not really represent the real farmer. 

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/in-poll-debut-not-even-minimum-support-for-farmer-leaders/amp_articleshow/90136057.cms

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Goans are not foolish to let them be governed from Bengal by remote control. 

19 hours ago, Mariyam said:

He's been in power since 2014. And in the last round of assembly elections (2020, me thinks) he won almost ALL the seats. This after having lost all the seats in the 2019 LS elections. 

People keep voting him in for the state. 

I'm not sure if there has been any actual improvement at a grassroot level, but AAP has allocated 25% of Delhi's budget to education or education ancillary sectors.

The benefit from education is always long term. A politician may not be around or maybe out of power, to sow electoral benefits. In a nation where our politicos are scared of any criticism and have a myopic eye towards the next election, Kejriwal is thinking long term.

I don't quite agree with this assessment. Kejriwal, just like any other politician, does not think long term, not one bit. If he has invested in education, it is with a myopic vision. Delhi is a highly urbanized UT and access to quality education is a big deal for all parents. So, the target here is not the kids, but getting votes from their parents. That is also a big IF. IF he has truly made education in Delhi better, which I don't really know.

Also, what Kejriwal has achieved is something unlike any other politician. He was very successful in hijacking an anti-corruption movement, converting it into a political outfit, making himself a king among other equals and gradually getting rid of all the major challengers to his position (the Bhushans, Yogendra Yadav, Kumar Vishwas, Shazia Ilmi, etc.). Despite overwhelming mandate from the people of Delhi, there is no sight of any Jan Lokpal Bill in Delhi. Kejriwal has deftly managed to sway public discussion away from this. They started with "transparency" as a core principle and said that they will publish a list of their donors, but then cleverly got rid of it claiming that their donors are getting harassed. The end result of all this charade is that Kejriwal and a few other yes men for him like Sisodia, Raghav Chadda, etc. were able to fulfill their political ambitions.

Having said that, I do think there is a very real need for a credible opposition to the BJP. At current rate, BJP is virtually steamrolling Congress on any national or regional platform where they go head-to-head. Regional parties are not the right answer as they will always try to get favors for their region only and don't care about the bigger picture. AAP is the only real hope here as Congress in its current form and leadership is just hopeless. I actually hope that these G23 Congress leaders team up with AAP in providing some credible opposition to BJP on a national front in order to keep BJP in check. Kejriwal, despite all that I said about how he manipulated public sentiment to further his personal ambitions, seems like the best counter-play for Modi and is the only one who could do this at a national level. Someone does need to keep Modi in check as well and Kejriwal seems like the best of the lot.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Identify yourself as Rohingya, you can easily move in to Delhi and vote for them. Delhi has pockets of areas where Rohingyas are settling down freely.

Well, I have other plans, like of falling in love with a lovely Indian girl, getting married and getting the citizenship :wp132: :wp127:

:laugh:

14 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

How is it that AAP is abused for giving the free things to people, but BJP is praised for the same thing? 

It's because some folks can distinguish hand out and covid relief. All over India and not just UP, free ration was provided for a certain section. UP did well in last mile delivery. 

Delhi is model case for freebies. But the Delhi treasury allows for such spending. It cannot be stopped now by any party. 

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Delhi is model case for freebies. But the Delhi treasury allows for such spending. It cannot be stopped now by any party. 

May I ask, if Delhi treasury allows for such relief to the people in name of freebies, why then the earlier governments of Delhi never served the people this way? Where did the money of rich treasury go? 

In simple words, do you think that AAP is less corrupt than the previous governments, and aap is serving the people better than the previous governments? 

Edited by Alam_dar

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

May I ask, if Delhi treasury allows for such relief to the people in name of freebies, why then the earlier governments of Delhi never served the people this way? Where did the money of rich treasury go? 

In simple words, do you think that AAP is less corrupt than the previous governments, and aap is serving the people better than the previous governments? 

Delhi treasury allows "today". A prudent financial management is not just about today possibilities for future. Just as Kerala's NRI remittance works for today but there is no plan B for when that tap runs out. 

State's job is not to provide freebies but to develop capabilities by investing in it. As a stop gap one can argue for it. But usually these things cannot be withdrawn once started. 

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Delhi treasury allows "today". A prudent financial management is not just about today possibilities for future. Just as Kerala's NRI remittance works for today but there is no plan B for when that tap runs out. 

State's job is not to provide freebies but to develop capabilities by investing in it. As a stop gap one can argue for it. But usually these things cannot be withdrawn once started. 

So, in simple words, you deny AAP being less corrupt than the other parties. 

And you also deny that AAP served people more than the other parties. 

4 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

So, in simple words, you deny AAP being less corrupt than the other parties. 

And you also deny that AAP served people more than the other parties. 

No. But I might be forced to accept that you dont actually read before replying. You can quote from my posts and find the words "corrupt" or "served people". It would be fun to see how you concluded this.