Predict the winner  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party will form Govt in UP?

• BJP
    • Samajwadi Party
    • BSP
    • Congress
    • Others
  2. 2. Which Party will form Govt in Punjab?

3. 3. Which Party will form Govt in Uttarakhand, Goa & Manipur?

• BJP in all 3 states
    • BJP in Manipur only but lose other two states
    • Congress will win Uttarakhand and Goa
    • Other

Strange that you call Kejriwal power hungry.
He won(or is leading) the election. Doesn't need to compromise on ideology (if any) to forge alliances to form a government. He has a simple majority.

Perhaps the people of Punjab are tired of the alternating BJP+SAD and Congress rule for decades. Why speak lowly of an entire state just because they refuse to elect a certain party?

In my books, power hungry best describes the BJP in Maharashtra. Before the assembly elections, they called NCP as Dawood's party. After the elections, to get a majority they tried to poach Ajit Pawar. 
How about the BJP tying up with Mehbooba Mufti in Kashmir? 
Main karoon to sala character dheela hai?

Also, being power hungry shouldn't have negative connotations in a democracy. You contest to win. If you aren't in power, what good is your ideology?
The mandate in Maharashtra was for BJP.period.

Shivsena basically fooled the people's mandate by tying up with NCP and kangress.Everyone knows what a corrupt party NCP is .

So SS is power hungry.

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I'm not!

I'm saying that in Punjab AAP is winning easily. There is no need of a compromise or get allies to form a government. 

What the Congress/Shiv Sena did in Maharashtra and BJP did in Goa are examples of being power hungry. Without caring much for the wishes of the people who voted for you. There would be tons of people in Maharashtra who voted Shiv Sena to keep out the Congress. There would be many who vote for Congress coz they viscerally hate the Shiv Sena. The alliance is a slap in the face of all these voters and an example of "power hungry" politics IMO.

Kejriwal wants to be the PM of Khalistan.

Edited by rkt.india

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Strange that you call Kejriwal power hungry.

He won(or is leading) the election. Doesn't need to compromise on ideology (if any) to forge alliances to form a government. He has a simple majority.

Perhaps the people of Punjab are tired of the alternating BJP+SAD and Congress rule for decades. Why speak lowly of an entire state just because they refuse to elect a certain party?

In my books, power hungry best describes the BJP in Maharashtra. Before the assembly elections, they called NCP as Dawood's party. After the elections, to get a majority they tried to poach Ajit Pawar. 

How about the BJP tying up with Mehbooba Mufti in Kashmir? 

Main karoon to sala character dheela hai?

Also, being power hungry shouldn't have negative connotations in a democracy. You contest to win. If you aren't in power, what good is your ideology?

Interesting.

I have not followed the election that closely, but from afar it seems for a small (ish?) party like AAP to beat BJP is pretty impressive?  Folks are complaining a lot about them promising expensive freebies, but I also hear good things about education improvements at the grass roots.  What's your take on AAP?

Others feel free to join in, but I'm here for a fact based discussion not virulent attacks and empty assertions based on agendas...

10 minutes ago, nevada said:

Can we hope that this is possibly the end of Sidhu's political career? I couldn't understand why the Congress was entertaining this flip-flopping trouble maker by ousting a good candidate Captain Amarinder.

Blunder of the decade by Congress:bow:..  RaGa is playing some ultra dimensional 8d chess with these self destructive acts. 

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Interesting.

I have not followed the election that closely, but from afar it seems for a small (ish?) party like AAP to beat BJP is pretty impressive?  Folks are complaining a lot about them promising expensive freebies, but I also hear good things about education improvements at the grass roots.  What's your take on AAP?

Others feel free to join in, but I'm here for a fact based discussion not virulent attacks and empty assertions based on agendas...

Actually I am willing to give AAP a chance quite frankly after seeing the sh**show by SAD+ BJP & Congress.  They have brought nothing to the table.  Punjab has some serious issues which haven't been dealt with in a while.  No surprises everyone was in favor of change there. 

18 minutes ago, nevada said:

Can we hope that this is possibly the end of Sidhu's political career? I couldn't understand why the Congress was entertaining this flip-flopping trouble maker by ousting a good candidate Captain Amarinder.

Most certainly to join AAP , he has now resign as Congress PCC prez

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Who? :cantstop:

Bhai BJP is nothing without Modi. People vote for Modi and not BJP. The day Modi goes...BJP will also lose. 

2024 to Modi aayega hi (as BJP front-runner that is), Now who will be his successor in 2029 is anybody guess as it is long time till there. Biswas Sarma, Yogi are currently ahead than Phadnavis right now in that race. I hope the opposition starts calling Yogi , the butcher of minorities. maut ka saudagar, neech Hindutvawadi erc,. from now, so he can come up the ranks sooner. 

Edited by coffee_rules

25 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Interesting.

AAP replaced Congress vote for vote in Punjab. BJP had presence only with SAD earlier and even lesser with Capt. This is a Congress antoi-incumecy defeat rather than a AAP victory. BJP can never win in Punjab alone,