Predict the winner  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party will form Govt in UP?

• BJP
    • Samajwadi Party
    • BSP
    • Congress
    • Others
  2. 2. Which Party will form Govt in Punjab?

3. 3. Which Party will form Govt in Uttarakhand, Goa & Manipur?

• BJP in all 3 states
    • BJP in Manipur only but lose other two states
    • Congress will win Uttarakhand and Goa
    • Other

8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Just checked the scores again from EC website. Congress won just 2 seats out of 403. Unbelievable :facepalm:

How can a party like Congress win just 2 seats? I am no congress supporter but its sad to see a party once led by Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel in this state.

Ekkis topo ki salaami Pappu ji ko

UP’s result is more on Pinki and not Pappu! 

2 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

The mandate in Maharashtra was for BJP.period.

Shivsena basically fooled the people's mandate by tying up with NCP and kangress.Everyone knows what a corrupt party NCP is .

So SS is power hungry.

Haan par roti toh bandar chura le gya. Mah to me looks almost impossible. I hope some magic works out there. Some pockets are impregnable like NCP's west, few strongholds of Cong (Khandesh) and SS (Mumbai, Konkan, Marathwada).

It will be quite an interesting contest. BJP not only has to retain its current hold but break through some 30-40 odd seats from all over. My calculation says they are well 10-15 short for 145. They could get upto 130.

22 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Who? :cantstop:

Bhai BJP is nothing without Modi. People vote for Modi and not BJP. The day Modi goes...BJP will also lose. 

Hmm...  That's a rather short term strategy while I can see Modi as likely PM candidate in 2024 but reportedly DF has great connections within BJP & is highly endorsed by both Modi n Shah.  It will be interesting if Modi continues till 2029 & as he is not far off from 75 mark. 

Yogi has outside chance but is not viewed as PM material...  If not for Shah's health issues this wouldn't even be a debate. 

There's isn't a opposition for BJP to worry about in 2024.  Things could change in 2029 & window of experiment might be gone as well. 

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

NDTV India - Rubbish has forgotten the big state of UP, but going on and on about AAP and Kejriwal won in Punjab. That Modi is doing politics with Dharm and not like AK/Mann who focused on Ambedkar and Bhagat Singh maanavtawaad.

Other channels are having fun with UP as well.  Goes both ways.  Indian media. 

Also NDTV TRP is usually high on result days:phehe:

Edited by Lone Wolf

16 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hmm...  That's a rather short term strategy while I can see Modi as likely PM candidate in 2024 but reportedly DF has great connections within BJP & is highly endorsed by both Modi n Shah.  It will be interesting if Modi continues till 2029 & as he is not far off from 75 mark. 

Yogi has outside chance but is not viewed as PM material...  If not for Shah's health issues this wouldn't even be a debate. 

There's isn't a opposition for BJP to worry about in 2024.  Things could change in 2029 & window of experiment might be gone as well. 

DF  has no base support outside of Maharastra. 

If it is between Fadnis and Yogi....Yogi wins hands down.

As for Amit shah....he is a good soldier....not a general.  He is Chanakya ...not the king .

I would not vote for him .

I would not vote for DF either.

He hasn't done much to be PM material.

The bar is a bit high now.

Yogi fits the bill.....unless he screws up the second term.

Edited by beetle

10 minutes ago, beetle said:

DF  has no base support outside of Maharastra. 

If it is between Fadnis and Yogi....Yogi wins hands down.

As for Amit shah....he is a good soldier....not a general.  He is Chanakya ...not the king .

I would not vote for him .

I would not vote for DF either.

He hasn't done much to be PM material.

The bar is a bit high now.

Yogi fits the bill.....unless he screws up the second term.

What about Rajnath SIngh/Jaishakar.

Especially impressed with Jaishankar as EAM. Had big shoes to fill after Sushma Swaraj. He has done magnificently so far. IMO this cabinet has some really good ppl. Gadkari, Scindia and Piyush Goyal are also good folks IMO. 

BJP has some good ppl in the wings. None of them have populist appeal though. Yogi fits that bill. Working class, blue collar type that will pull in the crowds.

Leaving aside politics, the freebies culture is my concern. Punjab is leading with freebies, and even BJP does it. Farm bills may not destroy BJP politically, but it has destroyed the country forever. There is diseconomics of scale, major inefficiencies everywhere in the country. This creates bad working ethics where our people are actually not highly motivated and often underemployed. There is that jugaad and chalta hai attitude which really hurts our country potential and the root of employment issues . It's embarrassing seeing graduates from 2010s, or even 2020s lamenting the government. There needs to be a job creators culture, not seekers. And freebies, loan waivers, guarantee money won't make it happen.

We all learnt it in economics that there is no free lunch. Yet, India people are getting more dependent on free free free.

Edited by someone

21 minutes ago, bharathh said:

What about Rajnath SIngh/Jaishakar.

Especially impressed with Jaishankar as EAM. Had big shoes to fill after Sushma Swaraj. He has done magnificently so far. IMO this cabinet has some really good ppl. Gadkari, Scindia and Piyush Goyal are also good folks IMO. 

BJP has some good ppl in the wings. None of them have populist appeal though. Yogi fits that bill. Working class, blue collar type that will pull in the crowds.

Charisma is needed to lead India. Thats where Rahul Gandhi fails.

For BJP, their next leader could be Yogi, DF, Gadkari, Piyush Goyal. The latter is often underrated, and wouldn't surprise me if he gets a bigger role to counter AAP in long run...

Edited by someone

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Interesting.

I have not followed the election that closely, but from afar it seems for a small (ish?) party like AAP to beat BJP is pretty impressive?  Folks are complaining a lot about them promising expensive freebies, but I also hear good things about education improvements at the grass roots.  What's your take on AAP?

Others feel free to join in, but I'm here for a fact based discussion not virulent attacks and empty assertions based on agendas...

Where did Aap beat BJP?

Bjp in punjab have been heavily hampered from growth due to aseociation with akalis.

When you fight 23 urban seats for 20 years and take on the incumbancy of your partner dont be surprised if another entrant (aap) beats you to seize the iniciative.

At the very least bjp should have improve seat share to 45 seats with akalis. 23 meant no say in governance and all the ill will of Gov. 

Nda getting 8% in punjab is a good start but the horse has bolted...aap have arrived...

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Who? :cantstop:

Bhai BJP is nothing without Modi. People vote for Modi and not BJP. The day Modi goes...BJP will also lose. 

For Every SMG, there is SRT and then for Every SRT there is VK. Life goes on. If no-name AAP candidates could win Punjab then same will happen with National Election as well. Remember we had IK Gujral types also.