Ind may not know how to use impact players

zen

13 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

No the *ing problem is we don't use that option! If we play 5 "proper" bowlers the part timer never gets a gig :whack2:

This is why under BRat we've had our bowling stocks plummet & no part timer emerge!

Right. The likes of Hardik, Iyer, Dube, Shankar were always going to single handedly win games for India will ball. 

Hardik wasn't used as a part timer & I'm not expecting part timers win us games, just bowl some decent overs every now & then! Can you find me the number (%)of overs not bowled by the 5 main bowlers under BRat as cap? I'm betting it's an all time low for any captain in recent years, do you understand what I'm getting at?

13 hours ago, ThirtyD. said:

Is there a rule why Dhawan should be playing at all? What are we doing with a 36 year old opener? For all the praises that MSD received earlier in the captaincy, i.e. fielding young blood has yielded nothing at the end as MSD himself overstayed his welcome in the team. We are back to the culture of oldies milking the ol cow till its sucked dry.

Is there any rule a player cant play at 36? This is Shikhar Dhawan's record in ODIs in last 3 years.

Tell me a reason why should he be dropped and that too for hacks like Venky Iyer? Just bcoz the later is young?

image.png