Cooked or ate - share your food pleasure

Rajiv

On 5/26/2023 at 11:30 AM, Tillu said:

Pakistanis on odd days : We have nothing in common with India.

Pakistanis on even days : But but we eat the same food. Why such a huge difference in the rankings.

These guys are under the delusion that they make the best meat dishes. LOL.

spacer.png

Pakistanis make standard or common meat Dishes that we get to see in North West India.  Kashmiri & Himachali meat dishes own everything they can muster. 

I haven't heard about Sindhi or Balochi cuisine so I guess they aren't that popular either.  Even Afghani cuisine must be more diverse than them. 

Rajasthani authentic cuisine is best vegetarian cuisine of India. Beats even South Indian. Was invited for dinner by a neighbor ( a certain Shekhawat) and served authentic Rajasthani. It’s a desert based cuisine , so mostly baked dal recipes, masala available locally was just looking and I was eating like a Wow!! I have seen videos where meat is cooked under the sand in the desert. Fascinating 

Edited by coffee_rules

On 2/6/2022 at 2:53 PM, coffee_rules said:

Mood lifter- Neer Dosa and coconut chutney 

7-CC5-BD33-1893-4-E8-A-82-F0-86-E8321-ED

If those r dosas … u did some great muck up job on that with shape n everything.:aha:

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

If those r dosas … u did some great muck up job on that with shape n everything.:aha:

Ne’er dosae is a special batter (no urad dal in it) with only rice and coconut milk. It comes out very soft and silky unlike regular ones. Tough to manage the shape. Typically eaten with non-veg curries . If made by an expert , it looks like this:

neer-dosa.jpg

56 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Ne’er dosae is a special batter (no urad dal in it) with only rice and coconut milk. It comes out very soft and silky unlike regular ones. Tough to manage the shape. Typically eaten with non-veg curries . If made by an expert , it looks like this:

neer-dosa.jpg

that looks goood

Da best Rajasthani dish?  Dal baati churma. I love rustic cuisines and that is as rustic delicious as it gets. Am not into sweets, so I can skip the churma.

Pouring ghee into the baatis, breaking them down with your fingers, pouring just enough dal on them to make them a bit soggy while still crunchy? It makes me believe in the existence of heaven.

l198_36271593838193.jpg

8 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Da best Rajasthani dish?  Dal baati churma. I love rustic cuisines and that is as rustic delicious as it gets. Am not into sweets, so I can skip the churma.

Pouring ghee into the baatis, breaking them down with your fingers, pouring just enough dal on them to make them a bit soggy while still crunchy? It makes me believe in the existence of heaven.

l198_36271593838193.jpg

i would eat that curry with lime n onions in it with chilis on side. For each bite of curry a chilli bite. Now thats middle oc heaven n hell.

14 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

l198_36271593838193.jpg

Don't like sweet either - but for some reason the churma works in this combo. It adds to the flavor. Without the churma it doesn't taste as good IMO