Ye kis angle se allrounder hai

ungboysj

16 hours ago, Adamant said:

Ganguly level allrounder? 

You really think Ganguly's dibbly dobbles would work in this era of two new balls and flat pitches where 300 is scored every now and then

I said his level  I.e averaging around 37 with the ball and breaking pships, not particularly his style of bowling .

21 minutes ago, adi B said:

I said his level  I.e averaging around 37 with the ball and breaking pships, not particularly his style of bowling .

Bhai the problem nowadays is that in order to average 37 in odis you need to be a proper bowler. 

Ben Stokes averages 42 with the ball in ODIS and I am sure that you know that Venky Iyer /Ganguly  is/was nowhere near the level of Ben Stokes bowling. 

We need Pandya to make a comeback. 

10 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Bhai the problem nowadays is that in order to average 37 in odis you need to be a proper bowler. 

Ben Stokes averages 42 with the ball in ODIS and I am sure that you know that Venky Iyer /Ganguly  is/was nowhere near the level of Ben Stokes bowling. 

We need Pandya to make a comeback. 

I'd take pandya as well because of his higher potential. 

These 30 ball 20 type of knock won't work batting @6,7 ,I'd take a 20 ball 30 all day long by pandya .

49 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Once again a middle order batsman thrown into the bin while top 3 satiate themselves with all the ODI records. Even in a meaningless match, they continued with Dhawan & Kohli ahead of Venky & Ruturaj. 

In India, favoritism goes a long way. It doesnt matter what your ability or skills are, as long as you are in good books of the captain, coach (or the manager), you will be favored over others.

2 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

In India, favoritism goes a long way. It doesnt matter what your ability or skills are, as long as you are in good books of the captain, coach (or the manager), you will be favored over others.

That is why Indian cricket has remained mediocre throughout & will do so for eternity. 

Not convinced with Venky in all honesty.

India are better off going with Shreyas Iyer as sixth bowler and this allows India to play SKY as well. Boosts our batting a bit.

I just hope Shreyas doesn't stop bowling after 1-2 games. He will be useful with bat too in Indian conditions going into World Cup 2023.

5 hours ago, Majestic said:

Not convinced with Venky in all honesty.

India are better off going with Shreyas Iyer as sixth bowler and this allows India to play SKY as well. Boosts our batting a bit.

I just hope Shreyas doesn't stop bowling after 1-2 games. He will be useful with bat too in Indian conditions going into World Cup 2023.

Shreyas' bowling is a joke though. not a patch on even sehwag/sachin types, who would themselves get slaughtered these days potentially

If V Iyer (not even played in his correct position) fails unfortunately it may pause the process of “really” talented players being fast tracked … Which is why one should be careful in fast tracking players based on a handful of games just because they may appear serviceable (unless a bowler)  

For e.g., Padikkal impressed in his opening season but then teams worked him out in the next … So now needs to perform a lot better 

Edited by zen