Extremely disappointed with Dravid.

4 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

This approach seems very different from what he brought to the table with Delhi Daredevils..

He was always eager to make changes even if they weren't required.. Now, it is the exact opposite.

I hope it is some hidden masterstroke to expose the seniors and get rid of them permanently. Nothing else explains his bizarre defence of the seniors/trundlers and them getting a free run under him in SL, vs NZ and here.

His own reputation as a coach is going to be on the line soon. Even if he was to walk away after a couple of series losses, it will tarnish his stature for good. 

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

Guy like Dravid works for under-19 kinds as they are in awe of his stature and still want to make name for themselves.

Most of the players in Indian are already superstars and have to be handled differently. What are his beliefs, what exactly does he want to turn this team into.Why is he turning this team into trundler fest again.

All these So called superstars are donkeys now and should be shown door. 

1 minute ago, wanted_desi said:

All these So called superstars are donkeys now and should be shown door. 

They will be shown door sooner than later .It is about Dravid , can he impose his will and views on the team.What is his plan for the team.So far he has gone back to trundlers in Odis, 

Ganguly is the biggest culprit here.He like many morons on here thought winning odi series and winning all those home test series are for nothing.Shastri though did not win any hardware made this team compete everywhere in all formats.What exactly will Dravid do remains to be seen. But this nonsense that he was forced to take this job is simply not true.People were craving for him.

Winnable match ended in draw

Convincing win

Convincing win

Convincing loss

Convincing loss

Convincing loss

Convincing loss

So far it is not good. I can overlook ODI bilateral failures as it means very little. But i would have preferred losing with a much younger side or newer combination like we did in SL.

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Are we over-reacting?

The WC is in India after all. Maybe this team can mount a challenge in those conditions... :pray: 

We have only won 1 of 3 WCs in India. Since we won the last one - I think the odds are that we won't win this one.

14 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I hope it is some hidden masterstroke to expose the seniors and get rid of them permanently. Nothing else explains his bizarre defence of the seniors/trundlers and them getting a free run under him in SL, vs NZ and here.

His own reputation as a coach is going to be on the line soon. Even if he was to walk away after a couple of series losses, it will tarnish his stature for good. 

Its not. He was not even the full time coach when in Sri Lanka, their is clear pattern here and his preference for trundlers is the most worrying aspect and even if you look at the Lankan series it the TTF who continued to play and continued to lose. Dravid for all the hype created for his work with the u19s is looking like an extremely conservative coach who wants to play safe by just picking seniors and line n length bowlers to the detriment of the Indian team,

19 hours ago, RedFever said:

Well, if Rohit Sharma was playing, most probably we would have won the second test and the series 2-1 and one of the ODI's atleast. So tooo early to judge Dravid's tenure based on one series when the key batsman is missing.

no.....our bowling flopped and our batting flopped. rohit would have added 10 to 15 more runs to the total...that would not have made any difference.

Ever since this tour started, it appears that most posters (incl myself) have been spending more time on ICF than watching the live match/highlights.    That shows how piss poor our performance has been in both tests and ODIs.  Simply unwatchable.  Coward KL gives negative vibes and really does not deserve to be even a temporary captain. He is setting a wrong example as an opener by tuk tuking all way through his inning even on pattas against SA D team having Magala/Chagala LOL. :giggle:  This is negative cricket.        Even if Rohit is unavailable for the Windies and SL series, I hope Dravid wakes up and shows some guts and makes Pant/Bumrah the captain.    They can't do worse than KLPD. 

Edited by Frustrated

Rohit, Kishan, SKY & Pandya in the team could have made a difference in ODIs.

Rohit in Tests would have also been very crucial, his (usual) one century would have come very handy in winning us the 2nd or 3rd test.

I'd say it is too early for Dravid to be written off.  He doesn't have much time though with the WC looming.

3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Ever since this tour started, it appears that most posters (incl myself) have been spending more time on ICF than watching the live match/highlights.    That shows how piss poor our performance has been in both tests and ODIs.  Simply unwatchable.  Coward KL gives negative vibes and really does not deserve to be even a temporary captain. He is setting a wrong example as an opener by tuk tuking all way through his inning even on pattas against SA D team having Magala/Chagala LOL. :giggle:  This is negative cricket.        Even if Rohit is unavailable for the Windies and SL series, I hope Dravid wakes up and shows some guts and makes Pant/Bumrah the captain.    They can't do worse than KLPD. 

Atleast stop him to open the inning but knowing dravid as he is from KA so give full support to Kela to screw India.