Illegal migration of Indians to other countries.

dial_100

2 minutes ago, Dery said:

But the desire for a better life for their next generation is the same. It's just that most people aren't that privileged

Sure, its slightly easier for those with money as one could potentially go student route. That said I can only speak for myself, got a professional degree, worked hard and was fortunate enough to live well over a decade in US. I am not aware of your experience however personally having seen both worlds, in my opinion opportunities to lead a fulfilling life are far far more in India than in US (as an illegal).  

10 hours ago, Dery said:

But the desire for a better life for their next generation is the same. It's just that most people aren't that privileged. 

We are critical of path they take. I know a group of nice Gujju families all came illegally, they owned nice houses in India and vehicles, now men work on cash wages 12x6 per week and their women keep looking for house hold jobs to make ends meet and pay for lawyer fees. I can guarantee, if you rewind the clock and take it back when they planned immigration , they themselves won’t choose this life. 

Just so that life of people who came as single isn’t that great either. This guy came in late teen or early 20s with a frnd. His frnd got licky and married a local Punjabi girl, but he has been living in one room for past 15+ years with a salary of around £1000+ As car mechanic.

Bottomline is, people back home are not aware of full facts to make informed decision. And immigrants are too ashamed to say reality.

Edited by mishra

48 minutes ago, mishra said:

We are critical of path they take. I know a group of nice Gujju families all came illegally, they owned nice houses in India and vehicles, now men work on cash wages 12x6 per week and their women keep looking for house hold jobs to make ends meet and pay for lawyer fees. I can guarantee, if you rewind the clock and take it back when they planned immigration , they themselves won’t choose this life. 

Just so that life of people who came as single isn’t that great either. This guy came in late teen or early 20s with a frnd. His frnd got licky and married a local Punjabi girl, but he has been living in one room for past 15+ years with a salary of around £1000+ As car mechanic.

Bottomline is, people back home are not aware of full facts to make informed decision. And immigrants are too ashamed to say reality.

Blame shitty US or UK for not giving them citizenship for decade when they have been a productive member of the country for so long. 

On 1/26/2022 at 6:11 PM, Dery said:

Blame shitty US or UK for not giving them citizenship for decade when they have been a productive member of the country for so long. 

That would be incentivising and rewarding illegal behaviour and actions... and no matter how much you want to hate them US and UK are NOT ENTITLED to give everyone a citizenship- if you want these countries to turn into a 3rd world hell hole infested dump then sure be my guest but no one here wants half of Africa to come settle in the UK ( as refugees) when they are economic migrants and legal channels exist.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, mishra said:

The era for unskilled working class immigrants being able to build a good life is over in the UK. Living costs are simply too high.

Canada is better for these people.

36 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

The era for unskilled working class immigrants being able to build a good life is over in the UK. Living costs are simply too high.

Canada is better for these people.

You have to show yourself as legally living on some VISA to get proper naturalization document. Lawyers charge somewhere between 15k-20K to enroll you in some illegal college so that your VISA is valid. They specially tell the clients not to make travels as if they get caught at airport, it may lead to a complete inquiry on all VISAs issued against that Institution. It has created a system where by people are effectively getting Slaves and a lot of them exploiting these people happen to be previous generation Pakistanis and Indians

On 1/26/2022 at 7:09 AM, Dery said:

But the desire for a better life for their next generation is the same. It's just that most people aren't that privileged. 

this logic can be applied to most illegal things like stealing robbing and killing....

everybody wants a better life.

The truth is that most illegals are actually coming from middle class to lower middle class families.

My father came from a lower middle class neighbourhood in mumbai and grew up in the 70s in Mumbai. He worked hard and legally came to the gulf and then the UK.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, mishra said:

Yup.

I know a couple from kathiawar who came here in 2019 and then used covid to bounce on their visa. They are working for uber eats, rent a room in an apartment of 3 bedrooms from a cash only person. Most savings are going to fund the lawyer who will argue their case. Once again they both come from middle class families. 

The truth is that there is a big section of the middle class who view settling in the west by any means as being a short cut.

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Yup.

I know a couple from kathiawar who came here in 2019 and then used covid to bounce on their visa. They are working for uber eats, rent a room in an apartment of 3 bedrooms from a cash only person. Most savings are going to fund the lawyer who will argue their case. Once again they both come from middle class families. 

The truth is that there is a big section of the middle class who view settling in the west by any means as being a short cut.

They must be in some sort of illusion that life in the UK is rosy... theyd prefer to have a shitter life in the west than a better life in India.

Also if they are working for Uber eats.. how did they purchase a car?

They have a moped with a learner licence which they sub rent from another person. I know this cause the person who is on the uber eats app is a totally different person. 

They have delivered to our house multiple times and even asked if we needed cleaning services. Thats when i got talking to them. They even look middle class. Speak English well enough. They are in their mid 20s.

The truth is that uber and uber eats and a lot of these gig economy companies know very well that they are effectively employing illegal people but look the other way. It does not take a genius to work out that if a uber eats id is active for 16+ hours in a day multiple people are using it. These human rights immigration lawyers are truly enabling all of this in the UK. They are the only real winners in all of this. 

Anyways, the couple told me that they plan on settling in the uk. If not, they will raise enough money to buy a good house in Bhavnagar. I googled Bhavanagar real estate and from what i can see you can get agood house for around 30-40 lakhs. (40k in GBP).

The truth is that a 4-5 year stint in the country like the USA, UK Canada etc will allow you to build a good life in the tier 4 cities of India. A lot of the illegals are the middle classes of these cities. dont know what the situation is in Punjab, but I assume that building a good property in the pind or village will take 20-30 lakh.

Its not just Indians btw. In the UK a while back a lot of Vietamese were being smuggled through and were dead. Most of them were going to work in nail bars. I even saw a documentary about a guy who went illegaly to work in multiple western nations, was deported after 2-3 years and was retired in his village where he had a house cars and everything.

Wow spent 100000 usd. That’s a lot of money even for the guys who have been making a good living in the us.. how are they going to get back that amount of money living illegally.

They reached Canada. Why dint they settle there.. Canada is also a great option to live in..

With that money they could have even lived a good life . They could have chose some other cities in the south if they were having trouble living in their place..

lotsa questions.. none of this what they did make any sense at all.

I feel sorry for the two young kids who should be living their life now. Their only fault is being born to the stupid greedy parents. How could you do this to the kids.. I’m seething with anger

India is a unique country that has huge  challenges in poverty, health care, environment, human resources, foreign policy and internal cohesion.  Leading a comfortable middle class life would become exceedingly expensive in coming years due to these drawbacks.  

People running away to other countries is something I understand and support.  This brave family made an attempt and unfortunately it did not work. 

And as I type, the leach of middle class, namely our finance minister, is making more arrangements(Union budget) to do what she is best at. 

Edited by kepler37b

On 1/24/2022 at 11:05 AM, Vancouver said:

Well we should not judge others as everyone has different life circumstances.

Punjabi's immigrating is not a recent phenomenon, they are migrating since 150 years. You have to go deep and see the root cause, Britishers used to send Indian army soldiers to Burma, Manila, Hong Kong, Japan, Germany and Canada. The first Sikhs came to Canada at the turn of the 20th century. Obviously these people go back to their families in India and tell them how far behind India is, In Punjab people got TVs/fridges/landline telephone in 1990s, cars only became affordable in 2000s. Imagine life in 1900s. Some of these migrants have established families in Canada since decades. I came to Canada in 2010s but my Aunt and Uncles came here in late 1970 and in laws of my aunt were here in 1960s, my grandma is here since 1990. So it was only natural for me to aspire to come to Canada where majority of my family lives.

Biggest difference I noticed is buying power. Even at minimum wage in Vancouver ($15.60 an hour) one can buy loads of groceries. So food security is not anxiety inducing anymore. Yes it's hard life but you are treated with dignity as you are mandated by law to take breaks, employers cannot take advantage, they act in professional manner. Everyone can buy latest n greatest whatever, one can approach MP etc with ease, politicians are much humble here and meeting them is no big thing. You can express your creativity without being ridiculed, you can be any gender, no one asks your caste. Society is much more diverse, I can have Mexican/asian/Indian/ukrainian/Brazillian cuisines, interact with people from different backgrounds and broaden my life perspective. Life in India was spent around ration card, gas cylinder refill, adhere card, Manmohan modi, this election that election loudspeakers be it election campaign, religious places, shivering at thought of going to police in fear of taken advantage, nothing in India is straightforward and easy, some of you are from cities like Bangalore etc and life is indeed much better, but India is vast and some places are worse than African countries. Even the produce we get here is much fresher n long lasting than Indian states like Punjab. These small small things add up and make a great difference. Most of all is independence, I don't want people to poke their nose in my affairs which is unavoidable in India. You cannot put a price on human dignity.

Ok genious than go legally . Thread is about illegal migration where lot of Punjabis try to enter amreeka or in Kaneda , so that they can boast their swagger through cheap rap or flash some gun which they can't do here as they consider farming and hard labour difficult or less respectful jobs .And after earning few dollars instigate farmer protest which they left at first place to live dignified life of truck driver or sweeper or whatever you call it.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:44 AM, zubinpepsi said:

Wow spent 100000 usd. That’s a lot of money even for the guys who have been making a good living in the us.. how are they going to get back that amount of money living illegally.

They reached Canada. Why dint they settle there.. Canada is also a great option to live in..

With that money they could have even lived a good life . They could have chose some other cities in the south if they were having trouble living in their place..

lotsa questions.. none of this what they did make any sense at all.

I feel sorry for the two young kids who should be living their life now. Their only fault is being born to the stupid greedy parents. How could you do this to the kids.. I’m seething with anger

100k INR not USD. 

It's because of peer pressure,  gujrati and punjabis have extreme peer pressure to ' go abroad '  'earn in dollars' 'videshi return' 'feel superior to pesants in India with foreign chocolates '.. dumb *s.