Shardul Thakur or Deepak Chahar - who would you play in LOI team as an all rounder?

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I want all three fast bowlers in Bumrah, Siraj, Prasidh and rest should be spin alrounders.

Siraj is yet to prove in LOIs. Prasidh has to prove over a period. To purely play as a bowler he has to be at the level of peak Shami or Bumrah. Thakur is always going to be expensive of them all. But he has the knack of picking wickets. Has seven 4fers in List A. Others are pretty much the same in terms of Economy. Chahar is better with newer ball especially with swing on offer he can be quiet handy. 

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

6 is too high for Jadeja. In fact, Jadeja should not be anywhere near our LOI sides.

In ODIs, he should be there at 6 for me.

In T20s, a No for me too because he is a poor bowler and we have Axar and Sundar who is a better bowler in that format too. But in ODIs, I am not sold on either of Axar/Sundar over Jadeja.

Look at his batting stats post 2019 World Cup in ODIs :-

Inn 12

Runs 376

AVG 62

SR 106

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/234675.html?class=2;spanmin2=01+Jul+2019;spanval2=span;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

3 hours ago, Majestic said:

In ODIs, he should be there at 6 for me.

In T20s, a No for me too because he is a poor bowler and we have Axar and Sundar who is a better bowler in that format too. But in ODIs, I am not sold on either of Axar/Sundar over Jadeja.

Look at his batting stats post 2019 World Cup in ODIs :-

Inn 12

Runs 376

AVG 62

SR 106

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/234675.html?class=2;spanmin2=01+Jul+2019;spanval2=span;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

in the same period, he has a bowling avg of 56 with ER of 5.2. Jaddu cannot be more than 6th bowler since he has zero striking power with ball. and even though his SR/avg in batting are good, I saw a good number of those innings - the acceleration came rather later than needed

On 1/27/2022 at 2:23 AM, rkt.india said:

I want all three fast bowlers in Bumrah, Siraj, Prasidh and rest should be spin alrounders.

Yes but one of them or even 2 needs to *ing learn how to bat. Every other team does it. Why are our overpaid that's not learning how to bat? 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yes but one of them or even 2 needs to *ing learn how to bat. Every other team does it. Why are our overpaid that's not learning how to bat? 

We don't have fast bowling allrounders or bowlers who can bat of the calibre of England. We have to accept this and move on. Pick 3 genuine fast bowlers.Deepak Chahar and Shardul could be the bowlers who could bat but I am doubtful about their primary job that is bowling.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

On 1/27/2022 at 1:40 AM, Vijy said:

in the same period, he has a bowling avg of 56 with ER of 5.2. Jaddu cannot be more than 6th bowler since he has zero striking power with ball. and even though his SR/avg in batting are good, I saw a good number of those innings - the acceleration came rather later than needed

Jadeja is perfectly suited to all rounder role in that case. An economical line and length bowler and has been far better batsman/hitter than Axar or Sundar in LOIs.

In IPL last two years,

Jadeja -

2020- 232 runs, SR 171

2021- 227 runs, SR 145

Axar :-

2020- 117 runs, SR 137

2021- 40 runs, SR 87

Washington Sundar:-

2020- 111 runs, SR 116

2021- 31 runs, SR 65

Edited by Majestic