War Cry 2022-2023: Apna time aayega, Rohit Sharma laayega.

maniac

31 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Is it that big a deal for them to use recondite words to show off their erudition? I am sure that 99% (or more) of our posters have been to Uni ourselves; some to very elite ones at that. In a cricket forum, I believe that the focus should be on cricket and displaying one's acumen on that front, not on spouting off abstruse GRE-type words to make one feel good about oneself.

Recondite. Erudition. Time pass of pp will be jealous now.

17 minutes ago, mishra said:

Surprisingly Yes. They are very caste and class oriented. The Indians there are mostly first generation one. I could see that occasionally guys have thrown some regional English phrase say “butcher’s hook” which will completely go as bouncer to Indian argung them. I can see that. But I enjoy meltdown. :cantstop:. If it was upto them, they will send 007 too assassinate evil Moodi

Quite interesting to hear about the sociocultural dynamics on PeePee. Thanks for apprising me of the situation :)

In the perfect world the plan for Captain Rohit should be:

* Win the 2022 T20 World Cup then retire from international T20's, age will be 35.

* Win the 2023 ODI World Cup then retire from international ODI's, age will be 36.

* Win back to WTC finals in 2023 (age 36) & 2025 (age 38) then retire from Test Cricket.

Rohit will be hailed as India's greatest ever captain, currently Virat is India's greatest ever red ball captain and Dhoni is India's greatest white ball captain.

P.S. Rohit can maybe also add 4 more IPL titles and finish his career with 10 IPL titles.

Edited by Prabhdeep Singh
8 hours ago, maniac said:

happens when you don’t have too many positives going on. They are celebrating reaching semis in UAE conditons which is considered their home ground.

Indian team and management were getting killed for losing in ICC semis and finals. No one even remembers the WC 2019 Ind vs Pak game except me :giggle: and we just moved on.

Let them have their glory moment. Also I do blame media and ex cricketers like Bhajji and Sunny G’s chest thumping to make it worse just like Sehwag etc in the past to make it worse.

I hate the rigged draw which always has an India-Pakistan game in the opening round. Its an unnecessary side show and distraction. 

7 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Check their forum. Opening threads that no Indian players in ICC team of the year and how Indian cricket in decline since that 152/0 defeat against Pakistan.

When Kohli was winning ICC player of the year for fun and Indian players were regularly featuring in the list, it was bcoz BCCI = ICC. Now suddenly ICC team of the year is most prestigious list and how Indian team is in decline bcoz no players in it.

Matlab tuchiyape ki hadd hoti hai :laugh1: 

Unka yehi confidence(g@@dupana actually)is a thing which always pulls them back to mediocrity

8 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Check their forum. Opening threads that no Indian players in ICC team of the year and how Indian cricket in decline since that 152/0 defeat against Pakistan.

When Kohli was winning ICC player of the year for fun and Indian players were regularly featuring in the list, it was bcoz BCCI = ICC. Now suddenly ICC team of the year is most prestigious list and how Indian team is in decline bcoz no players in it.

Matlab tuchiyape ki hadd hoti hai :laugh1: 

ROFL ek match kya jeet gaye hawa mei udd rahe hain, BTW they nearly lost to Afghans in the same tournament. Despite all the hullabaloo about Indian team, they had a satisfying year in cricket, won in Aus, leading in England, one set back in T20 WC but that was highly toss dependent tournament. So, over-all not a bad year for India.

Indian cricket is still strong guys, don't be dishearten, these defeats in bilaterals are not bad, if the right changes are made, we will be stronger. This was bound to happen as Virat is someone who had no foresight to build a team or identify new players or single out a deputy, so this is par for the course. A new leader & coach who can explain specific role to each player & then back them is what can help India win an ICC event in near future. 

Most importantly we should rejoice because Virat is gone from leadership roles in Indian cricket, that's biggest positive to come at the start of the year 

If the Project Dada-Dravid-Rohit is all about old washed up geriatrics being backed, stats padding being encouraged and youngsters getting criticised and shunned, better to say good bye to any hopes of ICC trophies.

I maybe jumping the gun but the series vs WI and SL will give us a very clear picture of where we are headed as a team under the new dispensations. The start (in Rohit's absence though) has been disastrous

Rohit will find it tough to develop a world cup winning odi team, I highly doubt the captain, coach, and selectors are on the same page when it comes selection of certain players, it will require out of the box thinking and player management to ge the right players in important positions, if he and dravid follow the standard template then I highly doubt we will get three wicket taking pacers in a combined 11 or a aggressive opener to partner Rohit.

Just now, AKane said:

Not specified "Kya Laayega?"

Bhel Puri? Pani Puri? Vada Pav?

Nah..... My favorite is fresh crab curry in Konkan. Buy the crabs,  "chimbori",   just after full moon - they eat a lot in the moonlight and are full of meat....Lets hope Rohit gets that.

and in the meantime, he can continue to tuck into some good 'ol vadapaav. both goa & mumbai bring back some good memories of my student days

Edited by Vijy