BCCI official gives a very damaging report on KL Rahul captaincy

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is a reason why Mumbai has won so many domestic trophies. Even the IPL. Not just the players. But also they had good leadership.  Although sounds regional it is a cultural thing.  Cricketing culture.

Sunny G once said it is difficult to get into the Mumbai Ranji team than team India. I think they still hold that legacy of competitiveness.

I know I troll @jusarrived and @diga but Karnataka over the years has had similar culture at a domestic level.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

There is a reason why Mumbai has won so many domestic trophies. Even the IPL. Not just the players. But also they had good leadership.  Although sounds regional it is a cultural thing.  Cricketing culture.

Mumbai is a batting factory, many of the Mumbai greats have faired terribly as former captains, Sachin and Gavaskar are the greatest examples. Mumbai wins Ranji trophies on the back of their formidable batting, and not due to captaincy. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Mumbai is a batting factory, many of the Mumbai greats have faired terribly as former captains, Sachin and Gavaskar are the greatest examples. Mumbai wins Ranji trophies on the back of their formidable batting, and not due to captaincy. 

Sacin hardly spent time in domestic.  So i would exclude him. Even Gavaskar was not that bad.  That Pakistan series was a fraud series where the umpiring was blatantly biased and also they used soda bottle. Other losses came agianst mighty wIndies who thrashed every team back then.  They had guys like him, Wadekar, Shastri who were all tacticians.  Most recently in the absence of main players like Rohit/Rahane  Aditya tare let them to title win against Saurashtra. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sacin hardly spent time in domestic.  So i would exclude him. Even Gavaskar was not that bad.  That Pakistan series was a fraud series where the umpiring was blatantly biased and also they used soda bottle. Other losses came agianst mighty wIndies who thrashed every team back then.  They had guys like him, Wadekar, Shastri who were all tacticians.  Most recently in the absence of main players like Rohit/Rahane  Aditya tare let them to title win against Saurashtra. 

Tacticians yes, Add anshuman Gaekwad to the list, he was a smart tactician too, but sadly Mumbai has never produced an out an out great Captain. Kapil Dev, Dhoni, Ganguly, Kohli, they all carried a certain aura of Leadership, sadly even the great Sachin lacked that aura of a great leader. Rohit has shown that he could be a great leader in the IPL, but sadly he's at the fag end of his career and it's too little too late for him kind of situation. Mumbai historically produced great cricketers and has a great batting culture, but Captaincy, I doubt.  

39 minutes ago, maniac said:

TBF it wasn’t the slap that made him cry but he said it was the shock of that incident. I still hold Bhajji the culprit. We know Sreeshanth can be obnoxious but It’s not like Sreeshanth has sledged him worse than the Aussies. Bhajji should have tried slapping Hayden or Symonds or even Ponting  :laugh:.

you still take Sree at face value?Guy was a drama queen. Sree should have just slapped him back :boxing:

Do you guys think this affects KL a bit? the guy is on a 20cr paycheque in the IPL plus his India contract and his brand advertisements- ALL THIS WITHOUT HIM ACTUALLY DELIVERING AS A CAPTAIN OR A PLAYER... now can you see why players are not incentivised to improve their performances and be accountable for results- this all cricket fraternity takes the indian public as Chewtiyas and you guys lap it up

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Problem is not that he is not aggressive but he is disinterested. 

He is clueless because they say he’s stopgap for Rohit, while he’s finding feet in the team since a year ago. He needs to contribute in the Indian team more before he can assert authority. Srikanth had the same in in 1989 Pak series. He was dropped from the team not just from captaincy, right after the series . South Indians have no lobby like Mumbai guys, just like the m gaddi

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Also helps that Mumbai has been by far the richest and most influential city in India in the last century. 

3 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Tacticians yes, Add anshuman Gaekwad to the list, he was a smart tactician too, but sadly Mumbai has never produced an out an out great Captain. Kapil Dev, Dhoni, Ganguly, Kohli, they all carried a certain aura of Leadership, sadly even the great Sachin lacked that aura of a great leader. Rohit has shown that he could be a great leader in the IPL, but sadly he's at the fag end of his career and it's too little too late for him kind of situation. Mumbai historically produced great cricketers and has a great batting culture, but Captaincy, I doubt.  

If you want firebrand aggression i say Delhi. Actually Gambhir was quiet a tactician in terms of field set.