India vs westindies series update squad announced

tweaker

Bishnoi, Gaikwad, Hooda, Sundar, Kuldeep are good selection. There was no way we were going to get rid of top 3. Rohit can't be dropped as he is captain. Rahul cannot be dropped as he is vice captian. Kohli after all the drama won't be rested/dropped and Dhawan (in odis) still keeps performing so cannot give reason to drop him from only format he plays. Should have dropped bhuvi though. Looks like they have moved away from shami in limited overs now.

I think their T20 XI is pretty clear.

Rohit

KL

Kohli

SKY

Pant(wkt)

Venky Iyer

Axar Patel

Deepak Chahar

Bhuvi

Siraj

Yuzi

So, two trundlers in that team. Looks like they want a T20 whitewash too to drop Bhuvi. Someone should have reminded them of his performance in T20 World Cup.

ODIs is where it is a bit tricky on what 11 they go for.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahul

Pant(wkt)

Sundar ?

Shardul

D Chahar

Siraj

Yuzi

Prasidh

Rahul will miss 1st ODI ideal opportunity to hand Ruturaj a debut. 

Ruturaj
Dhawan (unfortunately) 
Rohit © 
Kohli 
Pant
SKY
Sundar
D Chahar
Bishnoi/Kuldeep
Siraj
Prasidh

But the XI Dravid will field

Rohit
Shikhar 
Kolli
Iyer
Pant
Rahul
Sundar
D Chahar
Shardul
Chahal
Prasidh

If Ishaan Kishan opens with Dhawan, it will be a good combination as Dhawan is a grafter(needed) and Kishan goes for big shots from the word go. Ruturaj starts hitting only when he is well set. Yes, Rohit- Dhawan combo is a bit old-fashioned.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

People are over estimating batting of Deepak Chahar and Shardul Thakur especially the latter. I am not sure if Kuldeep has done anything spectacular to make a comeback. He was my favorite and so I pray for his success but it looks difficult. 

Where's Shaw? The famed Mumbai lobby not working?  Deepak Hooda is a mediocre batsman. Can only bash spinner.

Where's Umran Malik? What's the point of Bhuvi.