India vs westindies series update squad announced

tweaker

1 hour ago, anish2tweet said:

I too don't support Hooda selection but tell me one allrounder for ODIs who can make the team. V.Iyer, V.Shankar, Rishi Dhawan?emoji848.png. All the three are average trundlers.
Sundar, Chahar and Thakur already in team.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

V Iyer would have been better. He should not have been dropped after just 2 matches if we are really looking for one among Rishi, Shankar and himself.

There are 2 very good options for middle overs for 50 overs who need to tested . TM need to be clear which kind of skillset is required in MO looking at the problems India currently have ( poor play vs spinners & no acceleration ) . MO batters should be good players of spin who do not depend on only big hitting to get runs . You need players who can easily milk spinners without loosing wickets , bit unconventional , good players in finding gaps and decent against pace in playing shots without apparent weakness against pace and there should be flexibility re: batting position among them between 3 to to6 .

If MO  plays slowly not upping run rate  for too long and then creates too much pressure on rest of the batsmen. 

TM just need to monitor at what run rate a player comes in , and what is run rate when he gets out . This should tell everyone what is the contribution of a player in winning probability of the team. This should be yardstick and not the 50s scored .

If we look at current MO players -

1. Surya Kumar - If first wicket falls after PP overs send Surya kumar .  Very unconventional , attacking and good player of spin.  Run rate tempo will be maintained . Good against pace. Just think if Surya succeeds at #3 and counters opposition spinners well , that will make Indian team quite good . 

Issue is VK has regressed fast against spin and also does not play any attacking shots .  

2. Ruturaj  - Good player of spin , very good in finding gaps and hitting spinners over the in field with consistency. You cannot have  all MO bats who are boom or bust. need someone to carry the innings in second half too. Am pretty sure he will have run a ball strike rate once he makes a good score in initial matches.

3. KL - He will do well only if he is given less number of balls at his disposal. Hence spot  #5 or #6  is the best in India's interest for KL. Also against spin looks a tier below compared to Surya, Ruturaj. So  should play less spin & more pace. 5 or 6 spots look ideal for Kl. 

4. Need a attacking leftie in MO  -> Pant or Kishan .

5. Shreyas - Now for me the weakest candidate among MO candidates - Poor against short stuff , Not done great against wrist or leftie spinners in the recent past. Will he be  the guy for long term MO position  ?  I have my doubts .

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

The above 3 are set and are not going to go away soon.

Rahul

Sundar

Pant

Deepak Chahar

Shardul/Hooda

Bishnoi

Siraj

Prasidh

The above takes into consideration 6 bowlers.

Sundar can take no.4 spot instead of Rahul, that is also an option. Consider Sundar as a MO bat. Trust me he is good.

SKY Or Shreyas in the team will weaken the bowling.

PS: In the first ODI, either SKY or Ruturaj can be taken instead of Rahul.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

On 1/28/2022 at 9:44 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Ah! So two guys, who leapfrogged to the national side bypassing so many other performers in the queue ONLY due to their u-19 successes, should now keep blocking others. I leave upto you to decide what is an easier level to perform - u-19 or IPL.

Thankfully our captains and thinktank at that time had the guts and vision to pick and back them and did not hide behind petty excuses.

Problem is that, some people are thinking about the entire careers and peak years of Kohli, Dhawan and Rohit ... and matching that with newbies. 

Obviously, these 3 were top ODI batsmen in the world, forget about India.

And some are considering current performances in low key bilaterals ( although even that has been going down in the last few months )

In the 3rd ODI, chasing a required SR of 96, Kohli scored 60+ at a SR of 77 and Dhawan too scored 60+ at a SR of 83. Ability to play big innings as well as score at the needed SR are going down.

In such a case, trying a couple of new batters in low key bilaterals seem to be no brainers.

Introducing atleast 1 new batter in the top 3 can be done even by conservative TMs.

P.S -- Rohit can still add value to this team based on current form and ability. And he should stay.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:24 PM, express bowling said:

Problem is that, some people are thinking about the entire careers and peak years of Kohli, Dhawan and Rohit ... and matching that with newbies. 

Obviously, these 3 were top ODI batsmen in the world, forget about India.

And some are considering current performances in low key bilaterals ( although even that has been going down in the last few months )

In the 3rd ODI, chasing a required SR of 96, Kohli scored 60+ at a SR of 77 and Dhawan too scored 60+ at a SR of 83. Ability to play big innings as well as score at the needed SR are going down.

In such a case, trying a couple of new batters in low key bilaterals seem to be no brainers.

Introducing atleast 1 new batter in the top 3 can be done even by conservative TMs.

P.S -- Rohit can still add value to this team based on current form and ability. And he should stay.

Your post is upsetting because it speaks the truth and is logical.

Yet in 2022, BCCI and TM cannot understand these basic facts.

The biggest concern is that Kohli and Dhawan drop off entirely just before the WC 2023 and then India have the same problem as they did in 2019. We will not have groomed new players in the role and be in a world of trouble.

I know Australia after a WC would actually end the careers of a few players in preparation for the next WC. Instead, India hold onto their elderly citizens for dear life. If you ask Kohli and Dhawan themselves, they would rate themselves a chance to play in the 2027 WC, lol.

As you stated, I am all for Hitman in the team, based on current form and ability.

22 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

I wonder if they will call the series off like they did in England...... 

22 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

I wonder if they will call the series off like they did in England...... 

They are in India and can call replacement. In England, they didn't have XI players to field.

Also tested players were tested positive before joining the team. Team hasn't come together yet for practice. They are all in quarantine and testing was done on 31st before them entering the quarantine.

Edited by rkt.india

Not happy with certain selections

• Hooda will not last in long term - may do well in series like WI or SL coz they lack consistency but in long term he wnt go far
  • Kuldeep - what did he do to get selected ?? He hasnt even played any cricket for a while 
  • bhuvi- currently his bowling is so bad that he wont even make it to lanka side
  • dropping venky iyer- although i dnt think  he is international standard but he shud be given a fair chance
Edited by Ankit_sharma03
59 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

• Hooda will not last in long term - may do well in series like WI or SL coz they lack consistency but in long term he wnt go far
  • Kuldeep - what did he do to get selected ?? He hasnt even played any cricket for a while 
  • bhuvi- currently his bowling is so bad that he wont even make it to lanka side
  • dropping venky iyer- although i dnt think  he is international standard but he shud be given a fair chance

Also Shaw should have been there. He was the opener with Dhawan in Sri Lanka ODI series, which means he was third opener but they have dumped him now and picking guys like Ruturaj and Mayank in squad.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Welcome back Ankit :hello:

22 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Also Shaw should have been there. He was the opener with Dhawan in Sri Lanka ODI series, which means he was third opener but they have dumped him now and picking guys like Ruturaj and Mayank in squad.

yup he shud actually be 3rd opener if anyone wants a quick fire player, Ruturaj is even slower then these guys