Amit Mishra is twice the bowler that Chawla is

The Outsider

But Indian selectors' crazy obsession with youth where someone past 23 is considered too old to have a long term career will mean that Mishra will hardly ever be picked.
one of the stupidest comments i have ever seen. the quality of chawla's line and length is easily superior right from the juniors. It immediately caught my eye when i watched him first.amit's quality makes no such impression. contrary to what you think, indian selectors waste a lot of time giving chances to guys of distinctly mediocre talent like dinesh mongia based "on FC". name any over 25 FC batting talent equal to rohit. or any FC bowling talent equal to ishant. you can easily see why youth is preferred. because the fringe players like mongia and sriram have long proved to be flops.

one of the stupidest comments i have ever seen. the quality of chawla's line and length is easily superior right from the juniors. It immediately caught my eye when i watched him first.amit's quality makes no such impression.
Alright, to me Mishra's leg break appeared to have much more in it than Chawla's. I had also seen him in a couple of ODIs he played after the 2003 WC. Not sure what's so impressive about Chawla, he is a decent bowler and has pulled in a handful of good ODI performances at the international level but was pretty tripe in the 2 tests he played on pitches which were a spinner's wet dream. So much so, that the respective skippers hardly used him.

Learn your GD facts dude... Mishra's also played a bit of international cricket back when Chawla was still trying to break into the U19 side.
Oops, my mistake...I didn't know that. But onething is for sure...if PC is given time and tips, he will emerge as a productive bowler who could bat a bit, too. If Mishra is so effective then he would also have been re-considered by now as Jumbo doesn't have much time with him.

Not sure what's so impressive about Chawla' date=' he is a decent bowler and has pulled in a handful of good ODI performances at the international level [/quote'] :omg: , the biomechanics as well the line and length. The superior quality stands out. Look at ishant. There is a superior quality to his action as well as line and length. you don't get to play so early and so often if you aint' impressive.
but was pretty tripe in the 2 tests he played on pitches which were a spinner's wet dream. So much so, that the respective skippers hardly used him.
he is just a rookie ! tailor your expectations accordingly. how was warne in the 2 tests in 1991?

:omg: , the biomechanics as well the line and length. The superior quality stands out. Look at ishant. There is a superior quality to his action as well as line and length. you don't get to play so early and so often if you aint' impressive. he is just a rookie ! tailor your expectations accordingly. how was warne in the 2 tests in 1991?
Warnie still turned the ball a great deal in 1991.... it has been 2 years since piyush made his debut, he still cant turn his leg break more than yuvraj.... Amit is one of the bigger turners i have seen and in the end, tht is the critical thing for a wrist spinner unless u r a freak like kumble... Piyush, if he doesnt learn to turn the ball more, will be found out at the international level.....

the biomechanics as well the line and length. The superior quality stands out.
Okay, I am not any biomechanics expert. As for line and length, he is alright but more importantly doesn't have a lot of work on his leg break. He might become another Kumble ie. successful without turning it a lot but Kumble has been more of an exception as far as successful leg spinners go.
he is just a rookie ! tailor your expectations accordingly. how was warne in the 2 tests in 1991?
I am not expecting him to rip through line ups at such an early stage, but just feel that as of today Mishra is a much better bowler and deserves to be selected ahead of Chawla.

In the couple of matches , I saw Misra bowl , I can definitely agree that he still has the stuff. But the issue is , is he mentally strong enough . His last over yesterday in tight situation certainly didn't seem like stuff from a mentally strong bowler.

name any over 25 FC batting talent equal to rohit. or any FC bowling talent equal to ishant. you can easily see why youth is preferred. because the fringe players like mongia and sriram have long proved to be flops.
Badrinath. :two_thumbs_up:

In the couple of matches ' date=' I saw Misra bowl , I can definitely agree that he still has the stuff. But the issue is , is he mentally strong enough . His last over yesterday in tight situation certainly didn't seem like stuff from a mentally strong bowler.[/quote'] I am not saying Mishra is mentally strong - we just don't have evidence yet. Even Warne got hammered for 27 runs by Maharoof and they don't come much mentally stronger than Warne, such is the format of T20.