#HijabRow in Karnataka Schools - where do you stand?

Austin 3:!6

What's your stand on hijab row?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's your stand on hijab row?

• Hijab should be banned from all govt schools. Govt should enforce this.
    • Hijab or any religious attire should be allowed in all govt schools in India. Govt should enforce this
    • Status quo should be maintained. If it's allowed, let it remain so. If it's banned, don't allow it. Let schools decide it.

Just now, diga said:

sooner we have uniform civil code, better for country.. These kind of distractions & disruptions in the country's progress is not going to help anyone

I always wondered the point of having a UCC. After this Hijab row and seeing what happened in J&K in the Kashmir Files.. I am of the view that this is essential as well. Time to actually make everyone equal in this country. Noone is more special or less special than the other.

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

I always wondered the point of having a UCC. After this Hijab row and seeing what happened in J&K in the Kashmir Files.. I am of the view that this is essential as well. Time to actually make everyone equal in this country. Noone is more special or less special than the other.

I still believe that Government should give choice, Either follow Sharia as in proper Sharia ( hand chopping beheading stoning, lashes) no education to girls or UCC. What majority says that optyshould be implemented on community. I am done with BS from people like Javed Alhtar that allthough they are against Burqa but manner in which its implemented isn’t toght.

So this was seen from religious angle, when it should have been seen from the constitution and personal liberty side.

The implication is dangerous for Hindus. It is not a book-centric religion, does not have absolutes nor binary. So if there is a hostile government, anything and everything "essential" to Hinduism can be challenged. Let's not forget pre-2014, Congress said no proof of Lord Ram.

Edited by someone

54 minutes ago, diga said:

Hijab is not banned in day-to-day life or public or private places. It is just banned where schools have their dress code. That article has extrapolated 

What if private offices also declare their dress code, which prohibits Hijab and beard?

Hijab is actually a necessary part of Islam, while beard is not. 

As a result, Sikhs will have their turbans and also beards, while Muslims don't. 

Actually, this "necessary" or "unnecessary" part is bogus. High Court should be no one to tell what is necessary and what is not necessary. It has no authority upon it. 

I am also deadly against Hijab and Beard. But the principles of Secularism have more value than my personal liking or disliking. 

And I wonder if Mangal Suttar or Talik or RINGS in the fingers are necessary part of Hinduism? 

But the private schools and private offices will not ban these things, but only Muslim Hijab and Beards. 

This is "Might is Right", and this is not pro humanity or pro secularism. 

You have not convinced them, but you have imposed it upon them, which will only result in more hatred and not a wise thing to do.  

Edited by Alam_dar

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Folks, UCC will formally end any possibility of reviving hindu civilization. For love of god, I dont get this fascination for UCC. 

May I request you to please make it clear which part of Hindu civilization will not be allowed under UCC? 

Muslim personal law was a mistake right from the beginning and should have never been allowed. Just look at US and Europe, and all of them have local universal laws.  But still Muslims and people of all other religions could also live peacefully under those local laws. 

And those Muslim parties, who don't want to follow the local laws, they could solve their disputes according to their religion too, but privately. 

Thus after UCC in India, still Hindus will have the full right to practice upon their Hindu civilization. And that is why I am unable to understand what the problem is here. 

14 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

May I request you to please make it clear which part of Hindu civilization will not be allowed under UCC? 

Muslim personal law was a mistake right from the beginning and should have never been allowed. Just look at US and Europe, and all of them have local universal laws.  But still Muslims and people of all other religions could also live peacefully under those local laws. 

And those Muslim parties, who don't want to follow the local laws, they could solve their disputes according to their religion too, but privately. 

Thus after UCC in India, still Hindus will have the full right to practice upon their Hindu civilization. And that is why I am unable to understand what the problem is here. 

Exactly opposite is what is going to happen. Most experienced Hindus know that grounds will be given to Muslim Personal Law Board and Hindus will have to follow some repressive Muslim Law.

If you have any problem with any thing that is problematic in current legal laws of India (Homosexuality or anything) let us know. Because Hindu specific law is relating to dowry where whole family gets imprisioned non bailable, or Troubling SC and ST warrants non bailable arrest. These two can be argued as unfair but most Hindus think, they are probably needed.

Real problem is Muslim Personal law Board steps on current legal system which gvmnt and people think are unfaiir. Shah Bano,Hizaab, Friday blocking of Roads in Public and Tripple Talaq is some examples. It needs to be sorted once and for all so those religious leaders are out of legal system for good

Edited by mishra

28 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

What if private offices also declare their dress code, which prohibits Hijab and beard?

As a result, Sikhs will have their turbans and also beards, while Muslims don't. 

Actually, this "necessary" or "unnecessary" part is bogus. High Court should be no one to tell what is necessary and what is not necessary. It has no authority upon it. 

I am also deadly against Hijab and Beard. But the principles of Secularism have more value than my personal liking or disliking. 

And I wonder if Mangal Suttar or Talik or RINGS in the fingers are necessary part of Hinduism? 

But the private schools and private offices will not ban these things, but only Muslim Hijab and Beards. 

You have not convinced them, but you have imposed it upon them, which will only result in more hatred and not a wise thing to do.  

I would request you to read the judgement and not go by SM talking points. Courts have to rule based on precedence and constitution. Nothing is banned as per judgement. 

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Exactly opposite is what is going to happen. Most experienced Hindus know that grounds will be given to Muslim Personal Law Board and Hindus will have to follow some repressive Muslim Law.

Why do you think so? Is there any example of any proposed laws in UCC which is according to Muslim Law board, but against the Hindu laws?

I believe that UCC has nothing to do with Muslim or Hindu, but they are based upon human logic and wisdom only. At least, in Europe I have seen no local law which supports any Muslim law. 

Moreover, Muslims are in minority and they could not influence any UCC law to be Muslim friendly and against the Hindus. 

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Because Hindu specific law is relating to dowry where whole family gets imprisioned non bailable, or Troubling SC and ST warrants non bailable arrest. These two can be argued as unfair but most Hindus think, they are probably needed

Dowry is not limited to Hindus only, but Muslims are also taking dowries. Moreover, once UCC comes, it will also end the Haq Mehr thing of Muslims etc. 

The laws against dowry have nothing to do with Muslims, but it is the voice of humanity to end the dowry and caste systems. 

Thus, I am still wondering, which Hindu Civilization is going to be affected from the UCC. 

11 minutes ago, mishra said:

If you have any problem with any thing that is problematic in current legal laws of India (Homosexuality or anything) let us know. Because Hindu specific law is relating to dowry where whole family gets imprisioned non bailable, or Troubling SC and ST warrants non bailable arrest. These two can be argued as unfair but most Hindus think, they are probably needed.

Real problem is Muslim Personal law Board steps on current legal system which gvmnt and people think are unfaiir. Shah Bano,Hizaab, Friday blocking of Roads in Public and Tripple Talaq is some examples. It needs to be sorted once and for all so those religious leaders are out of legal system for good

Rather than me writing a long post, I will just post this video for you 

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

You have not followed the case, but putting forth illogical points, go read about the case. Girls used to remove Hijab in class earlier. 6 out of 90 girls started protesting for god knows what reason and they were not let in.. Matter was petitioned in HC to allow Hijab in class on the basis of right to practice religion. HC ruled that Hijab is not an essential part of religion as per Islan nor does it allow as per our constitution.

Stop this whataboutry of illogical situations to compare it to Mangalsutra, rings etc.

One of the HC judge that ruled this is a Muslim WOMAN JM Khazi. 

Now , keep the argument to only Hijab and not to Turban or beard etc

Quran or Hadiths doesn’t say Hijab is essential. Go figure 

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Rather than me writing a long post, I will just post this video for you 

All he says is, the  Legislature and Judiciary has always shafted Hindus since the British Penal code and followed by Indian Penal Code, we should not trust them to come with a UCC law that will shaft Hindus even further. Be careful what you ask for, let us see the draft first before we go all gung-ho,.. Just like the Communal Violence bill  which would have been detrimental to the majority or the anti-superstition bill that covers only Hindu superstition while Christian Healing clinics or Phoonkh Duas healers of Muslims are ignored

But, at least we should have one personal law for all that covers marriage, divorce etc. as all are equal citizens,

Edited by coffee_rules

SC denied re-opening cases of KP genocide against killings by terrorists like Bitta Karate or Yasin Malik because it said too much time had passed, but will now decide if Girls are to be allowed in some handful of schools where it is not allowed in classrooms. What a travesty! 

Student moves SC against Karnataka HC verdict upholding hijab ban in colleges

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/national/student-moves-sc-against-karnataka-hc-verdict-upholding-hijab-ban-in-colleges-1091545.html