#HijabRow in Karnataka Schools - where do you stand?

Austin 3:!6

What's your stand on hijab row?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's your stand on hijab row?

• Hijab should be banned from all govt schools. Govt should enforce this.
    • Hijab or any religious attire should be allowed in all govt schools in India. Govt should enforce this
    • Status quo should be maintained. If it's allowed, let it remain so. If it's banned, don't allow it. Let schools decide it.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:28 PM, velu said:

before every major election opposition/libtards do some stupid stunt against bjp..

and unintentionally they end up helping bjp ..

this is one of those stunts 

this

7-ways-you-know-youre-doing-a-great-job.

dont know who is the genius(es) who is responsible for brining these sort of trivial things to limelight before every major election :lol: 

( who knows , probably bjp insiders might be behind these )

few of these stupid things said before every elections,

* intolerance - amir bhai 

* kuch bi - prakash raj ( forgot what was the issue he raised :lol: )

* Lingayat's are a separate religion

* vellalars are not hindus 

* issues raissed by kamal hassan ( again i forgot what was the issue )

* liberals returning their padma+ awards 

etc etc

37 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

After HijabRow , Karnataka is preparing for HalalRow. Why are beauty products from Himalaya being Halal certified ? 

All products sold in the Middle East/Islamic countries need to be Halal certified. Even Patanjali is Halal certified. 

Halal row is an unnecessary row. Would be grateful if the govt could concentrate on unclogging roads in Bangalore and other towns in Karnataka.

21 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Kiran Mazumdar Shaw made some comments on communal harmony etc. what's the deal here, did her western customers plan to apply sanctions ?

I don't agree with the way she put forward her argument - but I think the issue she brought up is a valid one. It has to do with denying Muslims the chance to do commerce around temples. I disagree with this. They don't need to allow non-Hindus to do commerce within the temple - but outside there shouldn't be a prejudice. If there is one against non-Muslims outside Mosques - this should be corrected rather than going for a tit for tat policy. 

This is going too far. All for making people equal - but bias is not good or healthy.

4 hours ago, bharathh said:

I don't agree with the way she put forward her argument - but I think the issue she brought up is a valid one. It has to do with denying Muslims the chance to do commerce around temples. I disagree with this. They don't need to allow non-Hindus to do commerce within the temple - but outside there shouldn't be a prejudice. If there is one against non-Muslims outside Mosques - this should be corrected rather than going for a tit for tat policy. 

This is going too far. All for making people equal - but bias is not good or healthy.

I believe we are not going far enough. If anything the "Hijab" row has given us a very clear perspective on how our communities are responding. Kiran is an elitist in Bangalore circles with clients and sponsors from liberal elite. She has to give this lip service but cannot clearly take a stand for education and development of Muslim women.  This one way talk of inclusion doesn't work. 

19 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I believe we are not going far enough. If anything the "Hijab" row has given us a very clear perspective on how our communities are responding. Kiran is an elitist in Bangalore circles with clients and sponsors from liberal elite. She has to give this lip service but cannot clearly take a stand for education and development of Muslim women.  This one way talk of inclusion doesn't work. 

One doesn't have to be at the expense of the other. Enforcing economic inequality based on religion is not only wrong but taking society down a very morally ambiguous slippery slope. 

We want an inclusive society where ppl are happy to live. Not one where some are in ascendancy over others. 

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

That is easy for you to say. The state Govt temple endowment act passed in 2004 under UPA mandated that non-Hindus be not included for temple stalls inside or outside. 

Halal is an industry enforcement and read about Halal vs Jhatka. They can sell Halal products in countries where it is mandated, Why force it in places it is not needed?

Edited by coffee_rules

4 hours ago, bharathh said:

One doesn't have to be at the expense of the other. Enforcing economic inequality based on religion is not only wrong but taking society down a very morally ambiguous slippery slope. 

We want an inclusive society where ppl are happy to live. Not one where some are in ascendancy over others. 

We don’t want an inclusive society. We want a society under common law and with same rights and principles. Inclusion is a given in any society but it cannot be asymmetric. They can get converted back to Hinduism if their vocation means so much to them. 

In my world I wouldn’t even make this an issue. But it’s not my world. They have align with Indian mainstream or stop expecting anything. Exclusivity and inclusion don’t go together. 

8 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

We don’t want an inclusive society. We want a society under common law and with same rights and principles. Inclusion is a given in any society but it cannot be asymmetric. They can get converted back to Hinduism if their vocation means so much to them. 

In my world I wouldn’t even make this an issue. But it’s not my world. They have align with Indian mainstream or stop expecting anything. Exclusivity and inclusion don’t go together. 

When I say inclusive - I mean that everyone is happy to be a part of society. I agree that right now it is asymmetric and needs to be corrected. But correction cannot mean exclusion. 

11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

That is easy for you to say. The state Govt temple endowment act passed in 2004 under UPA mandated that non-Hindus be not included for temple stalls inside or outside. 

Halal is an industry enforcement and read about Halal vs Jhatka. They can sell Halal products in countries where it is mandated, Why force it in places it is not needed?

I am all for enforcing this rule inside temple premises. But outside? Come on. 

I am with you on Halal. It is a discriminatory industry setup to fleece people.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:19 AM, Clarke said:

Kiran Mazumdar Shaw made some comments on communal harmony etc. what's the deal here, did her western customers plan to apply sanctions ?

Last I checked people of all faith are Indian citizens..decency is not a western birthright

Tamil Nadu is keeping a watch on the happenings in Karnataka as every threat has to be taken seriously, said the finance minister. “There is a massive interest (from IT companies wanting to diversify to Tamil Nadu), and we are already in the race. There are people actively raising this with us and our government is working on it,” he said.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/tamil-nadu-democratised-religion-over-100-years-ago-tough-for-radicalism-fm-palanivel-thiagarajan/articleshow/90628570.cms

Thank you Karnatak pradesh. Your loss is my state's gain.Now go and create more useless issues while poverty and unemployment rises in the country.

Edited by Stan AF