Jump to content
Austin 3:!6

#HijabRow in Karnataka Schools - where do you stand?

What's your stand on hijab row?  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. What's your stand on hijab row?

    • Hijab should be banned from all govt schools. Govt should enforce this.
    • Hijab or any religious attire should be allowed in all govt schools in India. Govt should enforce this
    • Status quo should be maintained. If it's allowed, let it remain so. If it's banned, don't allow it. Let schools decide it.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

 

What's wrong with burqa ? Aren't we all used to it ? The women are wearing it by their choice, sure upbringing has a role to play. 

 

If there were criminals using it as an instrument to hide their identity, its a valid debate, and I'm partially on the side of a ban. That isn't the case here. 

 

What's your thought on pagdi ? Isn't that a religious symbol too ? Would you want to give it a pass coz it was worn 20 years back too ? Don't these practices change all the time ?

You want burqa to be allowed in school? Pagdi is an essential part of sikhism. Burqa, hijab aren't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

It’s a piece of cloth covering heads…im sure elderly Indian non Muslim ladies cover their heads…will that be banned too? Doubt it.

It's disappointing when educated come up with such post. Objection is to taking religion to schools and not about what you do in your personal time. 

 

My entire schooling life, never came across anyone who could defy school uniform. I have seen teachers wipe out tilak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

This is not a religion issue, but a uniform issue. Why is that hard to get for all ya atheists?

 

FJhXVJyagAEryLT?format=jpg&name=medium


What would a student gain by Hiding her identity in schools? The only thing I can think of is Attendance Proxy, but that can be easily identified by voice. Or the teacher can ask them to show their face only during attendance.

 

But yeah, you continue to spin this as uniform issue and not religious. As someone said this would never stop and if the roles were reversed and someone stopped ayyappa devotes from entering the college, you would be jumping up and down writing long ass posts about Hinduphobia :phehe:

 

But for me both are same. I have the same reaction when I see a Hijab wearing women or a towel wearing ayyapa devotee. “ Weird but whatever floats your boat bro/sis” 

Edited by ash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ash said:


What would a student gain by Hiding her identity in schools? The only thing I can think of is Attendance Proxy, but that can be easily identified by voice. Or the teacher can ask them to show their face only during attendance.

 

But yeah, you continue to spin this as uniform issue and not religious. As someone said this would never stop and if the roles were reversed and someone stopped ayyappa devotes from entering the college, you would be jumping up and down writing long ass posts about Hinduphobia :phehe:

 

 

Edited by HamHindustani
Mai nahi jhukega...s***a
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ash said:


What would a student gain by Hiding her identity in schools? The only thing I can think of is Attendance Proxy, but that can be easily identified by voice. Or the teacher can ask them to show their face only during attendance.

 

But yeah, you continue to spin this as uniform issue and not religious. As someone said this would never stop and if the roles were reversed and someone stopped ayyappa devotes from entering the college, you would be jumping up and down writing long ass posts about Hinduphobia :phehe:

 

So I guess now that you are commenting on this issue, we can infer that it is not effecting any Hindu. 

 

Coming to the issue, so are you saying that girls should be allowed to defy school norms and wear Burkha  to class and not the school uniform ? And since you think this is a religious issue, can you cite any other group allowed to not wear uniform, but instead wear their religious attire.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

 

So I guess now that you are commenting on this issue, we can infer that it is not effecting any Hindu. 

 

Coming to the issue, so are you saying that girls should be allowed to defy school norms and wear Burkha  to class and not the school uniform ? And since you think this is a religious issue, can you cite any other group allowed to not wear uniform, but instead wear their religious attire.

 

 

I want to ban everything from schools. Caste threads, viboothi, cross, skullcap, burqa, the ayyapa towels etc. Keep it clean.
 

But I am also logical enough to know that this particular issue is not really about banning all religious identity, but only targeting the Hijab/Burqa

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ash said:

 

I want to ban everything from schools. Caste threads, viboothi, cross, skullcap, burqa, the ayyapa towels etc. Keep it clean.
 

But I am also logical enough to know that this particular issue is not really about banning all religious identity, but only targeting the Hijab/Burqa

 

Sacred threads are worn inside the uniform? How does that violate uniform code? It’s not that the code specifies what they wear inside, like purple underwear!! 
 

No , it is not about targeting Hijab/Burqa. But stop the hypocrisy of accommodating a particular community in common laws. If you allow Hijab, then allow saffron scarfs. Saffron pagdis, vibuthi,  and all religious stuff. Saffron was banned in class when they wore it, btw

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Schools should disband uniforms and let students wear whatever they want in the garb of freedom.

Thing is that rich kids won't mind that but poor ones will get affected by that.  Uniforms were supposed to bridge that gap. 

Just keep everything flexible & keep following the same structure that has worked so far is the way to go. 

Muslim Girls wear hijab if that suits their belief & is not hurting any sentiments should not be any issue. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

asking to wear a hijab is a right? Only in stupid countries which are formed on religion , which is based on imaginary creature. Imagine people bend to imaginary creatures too :hysterical:

Says the guy where ppl bend over to statues etc


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sacred threads are worn inside the uniform? How does that violate uniform code? It’s not that the code specifies what they wear inside, like purple underwear!! 
 
No , it is not about targeting Hijab/Burqa. But stop the hypocrisy of accommodating a particular community in common laws. If you allow Hijab, then allow saffron scarfs. Saffron pagdis, vibuthi,  and all religious stuff. Saffron was banned in class when they wore it, btw

You are in denial. They are targeting Hijab.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, cric_fan said:


Says the guy where ppl bend over to statues etc


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am an atheist but yes I do bend to statues of Gandhi, Vivekananda, Buddha but imagine people who bend to some imaginary creature and worse ask for a separate country based on that imagination

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...