#HijabRow in Karnataka Schools - where do you stand?

Austin 3:!6

What's your stand on hijab row?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's your stand on hijab row?

• Hijab should be banned from all govt schools. Govt should enforce this.
    • Hijab or any religious attire should be allowed in all govt schools in India. Govt should enforce this
    • Status quo should be maintained. If it's allowed, let it remain so. If it's banned, don't allow it. Let schools decide it.

58 minutes ago, ash said:

I want to ban everything from schools. Caste threads, viboothi, cross, skullcap, burqa, the ayyapa towels etc. Keep it clean.

But I am also logical enough to know that this particular issue is not really about banning all religious identity, but only targeting the Hijab/Burqa

While you are at it, ban circumcised penis also :) Keep it clean.

45 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Sacred threads are worn inside the uniform? How does that violate uniform code? It’s not that the code specifies what they wear inside, like purple underwear!! 

No , it is not about targeting Hijab/Burqa. But stop the hypocrisy of accommodating a particular community in common laws. If you allow Hijab, then allow saffron scarfs. Saffron pagdis, vibuthi,  and all religious stuff. Saffron was banned in class when they wore it, btw

Obviously you haven’t seen the Ayyapa devotees, they wear a black towel over the uniform with no shoes/slippers. 

IMO both sides should stop wearing these things to please some non existent God who obviously won’t give a flying *. But since it would practically “hurt their sentiments” (Theists are crybabies) ,  the wise choice would be to let everyone wear what they want and go on with our lives. 

29 minutes ago, HamHindustani said:

I am an atheist but yes I do bend to statues of Gandhi, Vivekananda, Buddha but imagine people who bend to some imaginary creature and worse ask for a separate country based on that imagination

Not everyone is a atheist...  What if someone calls u stupid for being a athiest?  Doesn't make you one right? 

Religion is not scientific but spiritual issue.  Every religion is different...  Customs of Mayans & Aztecs were absurd but that were theirs..  Doesn't make them stupid. 

14 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Not everyone is a atheist...  What if someone calls u stupid for being a athiest?  Doesn't make you one right? 

Religion is not scientific but spiritual issue.  Every religion is different...  Customs of Mayans & Aztecs were absurd but that were theirs..  Doesn't make them stupid. 

should you ask for a country or special benefits based on that spirital issue?

10 minutes ago, HamHindustani said:

should you ask for a country or special benefits based on that spirital issue?

What special benefits? .  As far as I know SC/ST guys are Hindus Sikhs too & they also gets special benefits including minorities..  Even though I am against it as I  belong to General category.  These benefits are given to them in constitution.  Let me tell u Native Americans live in federally administred areas in US & enjoy some special benefits as well.  Same goes for aboriginal people in Australia.  They get several benefits as well. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

35 minutes ago, ash said:

Obviously you haven’t seen the Ayyapa devotees, they wear a black towel over the uniform with no shoes/slippers. 

IMO both sides should stop wearing these things to please some non existent God who obviously won’t give a flying *. But since it would practically “hurt their sentiments” (Theists are crybabies) ,  the wise choice would be to let everyone wear what they want and go on with our lives. 

As per you caste threads are an UC thing, do you know some dalits also wear sacred threads? As pointed by someone atheists have caused more genocidal deaths , so let’s leave that ideology out of this thread about conformity of laws above religion. How much reform do you guys want Hindus to go through, while the others don’t have any rules? Now we give up sacred threads too? I agree none of outside symbolism has no place in schools, but can’t fathom what we hide inside the uniform? . 

2 hours ago, ash said:

I want to ban everything from schools. Caste threads, viboothi, cross, skullcap, burqa, the ayyapa towels etc. Keep it clean.

But I am also logical enough to know that this particular issue is not really about banning all religious identity, but only targeting the Hijab/Burqa

No you avoided the question. You said this is about religion. So, which means one specific one specific religion is being targeted. So, tell me if other religions are getting a leeway or not, 

23 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

As per you caste threads are an UC thing, do you know some dalits also wear sacred threads? As pointed by someone atheists have caused more genocidal deaths , so let’s leave that ideology out of this thread about conformity of laws above religion. How much reform do you guys want Hindus to go through, while the others don’t have any rules? Now we give up sacred threads too? I agree none of outside symbolism has no place in schools, but can’t fathom what we hide inside the uniform? . 

There are some murderers who Happen to be an atheist. You cannot count them, unless their reason for killing people is for following a religion.

Before this issue, I have never heard of anything Hindu related that was banned from schools. It is very common here to see Ayyapa devotees wearing black Towels ( outside symbolism) with no slippers. You can google it if you are not familiar.

As I said, it will always be a us vs them attitude among Theists , fighting till the end, arguing who is “less evil” and which religion needs “more reform”. Colossal waste of Energy for mankind 

3 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

No you avoided the question. You said this is about religion. So, which means one specific one specific religion is being targeted. So, tell me if other religions are getting a leeway or not, 

In this incident, it is clear that Hijab is targeted on purpose. Don’t be clever with your whataboutery and share me an article about some Hindu getting targeted somewhere else. Unlike you, I don’t blindly follow a religion so if a Hindu is targeted somewhere else, I would say so.

As I said, futile exercise - all religions are crap. Be it Ram or Allah I don’t care

21 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Am confused..we have libbies fighting for burkha

Indian liberals aren't even liberals. They usually have a bias for religion of their choice. Right, left, communists, liberals, nationalists, anti nationalists are all hypocrites. India is a country of unity in hypocrisy.  

20 minutes ago, ash said:

In this incident, it is clear that Hijab is targeted on purpose. Don’t be clever with your whataboutery and share me an article about some Hindu getting targeted somewhere else. Unlike you, I don’t blindly follow a religion so if a Hindu is targeted somewhere else, I would say so.

As I said, futile exercise - all religions are crap. Be it Ram or Allah I don’t care

Have you checked the Kerala HC verdicts on Hijab I posted? 

Dont go to place where you feel discrimination happens. simple.

Now for kids shouting Jai Shri Ram and Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji.

"yatra nari pujyante tatra ramante devta", kahi nahi likha hai ki naari muslim yaa christian nahi ho sakti. It doesnt even say what sort of woman. Just woman. It is written for idiots like these only.

Chhatrapati Shivaji and Bhagwan Shri Ram both respected women utmost, he is a Maryada Purushottam. You are heckling a woman in his name.

I know in this episode there are numerous wrongs but if men do not know what Shri Ram is then it doesnt matter even if they were 1000% correct, this or any similar behavior of bunch of these boys is totally unacceptable. 

As for that Burkha(Hijab/or-whatever-else-you-call-it) clad girl or this whole controversy, no comments, not worthy of my time. 

10 hours ago, Clarke said:

So where do they plan to draw the line ? If hijab is banned, is pagdi allowed ? If a women is married, is mangalsutra allowed ? What about sindoor ? 

This is a slippery slope best avoided unless there are identity verification problems due to burqa (say a woman does not show her face to verify identity), which I don't think is the case here. 

Islam says dress modestly. It doesn’t say waer Hizaab, Burqa and so on. Mohammed wife herself was businesswoman and i have never got confirmation that She wore Burqa.

The definition of modest getup has been defined by Muslim scholars, and thats where you draw the line. Its nothing religious. Its consented cruelty in modern era. For all Islamic chewts saying its not cruelty or enforced, but its by choice by their women, Show me one non Muslim girls wearing Hizaab as fashion statement. Or  women DNA changes when they become Muslim?

Sati banned, child marriage banned, dowry banned,  Burqa must be banned, circumcision  must be banned. Such Inhumane practices have no place in society. Western societies have a histyof racism and their System give a damn about how non white people/society has lives in unequal system. There are hundreds of such examples where authorities did a enquiry after outcry, came with some nominal propsal but choose not yo implement. But Indian and their Muslims are brown people and GoI should not wait on west to eradicate social BS.

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, dial_100 said:

Dont go to place where you feel discrimination happens. simple.

Now for kids shouting Jai Shri Ram and Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji.

"yatra nari pujyante tatra ramante devta", kahi nahi likha hai ki naari muslim yaa christian nahi ho sakti. It doesnt even say what sort of woman. Just woman. It is written for idiots like these only.

Chhatrapati Shivaji and Bhagwan Shri Ram both respected women utmost, he is a Maryada Purushottam. You are heckling a woman in his name.

I know in this episode there are numerous wrongs but if men do not know what Shri Ram is then it doesnt matter even if they were 1000% correct, this or any similar behavior of bunch of these boys is totally unacceptable. 

As for that Burkha(Hijab/or-whatever-else-you-call-it) clad girl or this whole controversy, no comments, not worthy of my time. 

bhai naari tadka bhi thi,naari shrupnakha bhi thi,naari pootna bhi thi,uske vyavhaar pe bhi nirbhar krta hai

11 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Exactly. In name of religious freedom let's allow Sikh boys to bring kirpan to schools.

This.

What if these girls refuse to remove their hijab during an examination? Easy impersonation trick isn't it? Nowhere in the world you are allowed to cover your face while sitting for an exam.

Definitely need to nip this bs in the bud. Else you can never draw a line on this stupidity. 

Edited by Mohan Swamy