New zealand vs South africa, 2nd Test, Christchurch, Feb 25 - Mar 1

Jay

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

The way saffers batted showed me how poor our middle order and rahul plus mayank were against moving ball in SA. Very ppor technique. If our bowlers bpwled to our clowns we wouldnt cross 200. 

Look hpw effortlessly bavuma and van der dussen pull. Also that other midget who played well vs but got lucky with wrong lbws and droppef catches. Again due to pensioners. 

We lost golden opporunties to win in kiwi land and sa. I think kiwi will be weaker next time but SA will be strong as *. Good thing is india would be powerful too given the direction we are moving in. Finally choosing some players on merit. Hopefully this continues. 

Good luck to aussies vs these hungry tigers from SA. 

Remember ngidi dint even play vs n.z lel. Chaddi got undressed. 

Wait till aussies face jansen, nortje, rabada and ngidi. Van der dussen peterson bavuma markram elgar and even erwee play short ball well. Will be a good series. Only team apart from india capable of beating aussies away from home. 

also sipamla and olivier.

NZ are out most definitely now.  It's a three way shootout now with India Pak Australia & a dark horse in SA. 

SA has a test series away in England & Australia.  I think they will nick one series when Nortje Ngidi & KP return..   They are again a interesting team to follow. 

Enjoyed watching some nasty stuff from Jansen.  This guy will be super handy in Australia. 

For India that Edgbaston test in June is the clincher...  If we win we are through I reckon. 

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

NZ are out most definitely now.  It's a three way shootout now with India Pak Australia & a dark horse in SA. 

SA has a test series away in England & Australia.  I think they will nick one series when Nortje Ngidi & KP return..   They are again a interesting team to follow. 

Enjoyed watching some nasty stuff from Jansen.  This guy will be super handy in Australia. 

For India that Edgbaston test in June is the clincher...  If we win we are through I reckon. 

Do not underestimate Australia they are well prepared this time like in 2016. If we play kohli and a few duds we can be in real trouble. Think we will clinch it 2-1. But we are getting stronger too. 

S.africa is weak vs england bowlers. They struggle vs swingers. England might smash them tbh. 

S.africa may nick one vs Aussies. Do not be surprised guys. Do not be surprised at all. I have to see the lineup but if saffers play the team I think they will with nortje rabada Olivier Jansen I predict 2-1 saffers. 

Hope we see India saffer final or India Pakistan. Don't want australia lol. They are the only team I fear even if India have beaten them. 

Edited by Jay
10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Do not underestimate Australia they are well prepared this time like in 2016. If we play kohli and a few duds we can be in real trouble. Think we will clinch it 2-1. But we are getting stronger too. 

S.africa is weak vs england bowlers. They struggle vs swingers. England might smash them tbh. 

S.africa may nick one vs Aussies. Do not be surprised guys. Do not be surprised at all. I have to see the lineup but if saffers play the team I think they will with nortje rabada Olivier Jansen I predict 2-1 saffers. 

Hope we see India saffer final or India Pakistan. Don't want australia lol. They are the only team I fear even if India have beaten them. 

India Australia final will be dope man more than India Pak...  We will roll over Pakistan team easily in Tests now.  Australia game will be close & thriller. 

SA v Australia is also another fiery contest.  SA tend to raise their game in Australia so that series will be fun than Ashes.  Australia right now is too strong with better depth in their fast bowling.  I am thinking 2-1 to Australia. 

England will likely lose 2-1 to SA this August.  SA do better away rather than at home against Poms & they are a total mess right now. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
36 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

India Australia final will be dope man more than India Pak...  We will roll over Pakistan team easily in Tests now.  Australia game will be close & thriller. 

SA v Australia is also another fiery contest.  SA tend to raise their game in Australia so that series will be fun than Ashes.  Australia right now is too strong with better depth in their fast bowling.  I am thinking 2-1 to Australia. 

England will likely lose 2-1 to SA this August. 

You think so? Olivier may know some tricks in county cricket but he was poor there. They don't have a philander bowler anymore. That's the issue and their batsmen struggle vs enfland swingers in general. Not only now. Even during their peak years under Smith they drew series at home vs england etc. 

We only raise our game vs Aussies away and off late England. We always underperformed vs Kiwis for some ungodly reason. Pisses me off. We usually do well vs saffers so I expect India to beat s Africa outside s.africa. he'll even in s.africa we can win depending on whom we pick.  

As for s.africa vs australia. You feel Australia can handle bounce of Jansen, Olivier, ngidi and rabada plus nortje? I am not too sure man. They are a problem in SEN conditions. 

Yes you are correct Aussie India final would be epic. But I fear Aussies. I don't care if we have beaten them away or even at home but In one off final type games they are clutch as *.

He'll even now if we have to win a proper full fledged  Series away to win the trophy, I would much rather face any other team not named Australia. He'll I would prefer a series in kiwi land over Australia.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Yes. Break his face. He is a trundler who bowls 125-130 with bounce. He is good don't get me wrong but if you take him on he wilts. He is not bloody bumrah or Cummins or even rabada. 

What a blunder by us. Ffs so pissed off. Although Kane captaincy may have let Kiwis down this time not sure. Still no excuse to fold at home vs bangla toygers etc. 

All we needed to do was pick in form siraj shami and prasidh vs Kiwis as bumrah just came back from injury at the time. And ofcourse thakur. 

We would have won. 

Even in s.africa prasidh alone would have made a difference and we could have *ing won. * kohli. *ing inbred 

He seems to get a lot of bouncer wickets just by batsmen attacking those innocuous looking deliveries and having the fielders in the right place. Of course the stamina to keep on doing it is what sets him apart. 

2 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

He seems to get a lot of bouncer wickets just by batsmen attacking those innocuous looking deliveries and having the fielders in the right place. Of course the stamina to keep on doing it is what sets him apart. 

Absolutely. Remember this is where height helps. You don't have to bend your back as much to generate bounce. Vice versa is true for yorkers. 

S yea. Hence why Jansen has an advantage on bouncy wickets. 

Avdnatage in being tall is nothing to do with speed etc. It's to do with natural bounce on bouncier pitches. On dead tracks too, someone with extreme bounce can be handy. 

Edited by Jay
2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Absolutely. Remember this is where height helps. You don't have to bend your back as much to generate bounce. Vice versa is true for yorkers. 

Avdnatage in being tall is nothing to do with speed etc. It's to do with natural bounce on bouncier pitches. On dead tracks too, someone with extreme bounce can be handy. 

Janse actually bowls faster. It makes him even more potent. We struggled even against Jamieson's natural bounce last time. 

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wagner isn't tall though, especially not by fast bowling standards. he seems to know how to direct those deliveries though even at less than medium pace sometimes. An indictment also probably of how the ability to play short pitched bowling has declined. Ishant had career best figures bowling short pitched pies to win us a game at Lord's like that.

Edited by rollingstoned
2 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Wagner isn't tall though, especially not by fast bowling standards. he seems to know how to direct those deliveries though even at less than medium pace sometimes. An indictment also probably of how the ability to play short pitched bowling has declined. Ishant had career best figures bowling short pitched pies to win us a game at Lord's like that.

OH yes. I know Wagner is only average height. 5'10. 5'10 - 6'2 is pretty much the perfect height range for most sports. What I meant to say was that if you are durable and strong, height won't matter as much. You can still be deadly with normal height, provided you are able to generate bounce through bending your back plus strength combo. Only drawback is it can lead to injuries. Taller guys won't need to bend as much and therefore won't be as injury prone. That's why coaches recommend players be atleast 5'10 for bowling. Ideally atleast 6 foot in Australia unless you are built like Wagner or shami (until 2021) etc who can generate bounce via pure strength and ability to bend their backs. 

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Janse actually bowls faster. It makes him even more potent. We struggled even against Jamieson's natural bounce last time. 

Jamieson has been found out tbh. I think we will be fine vs him next time even in n.z 

Jansen's bouncers looks innocuous  but it always works rofl. He is literally a taller Wagner. 

Just csnt fathom how we smashed around peak Cummins peak hazlewood and starc yet struggled vs this slow coach jammu. Jansen atleast has a bit of pace. Absolutely disgraceful technique by Indian middle order. Pathetic. India A players looked so at ease vs Jansen and even tanked him around. 

Edited by Jay
On 3/1/2022 at 1:27 AM, Jay said:

Jamieson has been found out tbh. I think we will be fine vs him next time even in n.z 

Jansen's bouncers looks innocuous  but it always works rofl. He is literally a taller Wagner. 

Just csnt fathom how we smashed around peak Cummins peak hazlewood and starc yet struggled vs this slow coach jammu. Jansen atleast has a bit of pace. Absolutely disgraceful technique by Indian middle order. Pathetic. India A players looked so at ease vs Jansen and even tanked him around. 

should have played Ind A batters instead