India abstains

goose

48 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Why should they say that when abstaining is good enough. When you are bargaining, you start with low price and only increase if it isn't good enough. Right now abstaining seems good enough to Russia, so no need to voluntarily pay higher price

Hmm ... I need some lessons in negotiations.     

Russia adopts China's UnionPay amidst VISA/Mastercard ban.

Well played Sleepy Joe. Petro-dollar will no longer be the preferred currency in coming years....

India has already made a smart move with switching over to UPI (Financial revolution imo) and compulsory implementation of RuPay as first choice over VISA in State banks/PSU's.

Need to get off the SWIFT system as trigger happy West cannot be relied upon.

14 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

My blanket opinion of political leaders:  Sab kameenay hain. 

What if India and China had come out swinging firmly, taking a principled stance in favor of the invasion instead of abstaining?  This whole abstaining thing seems like a trying-to-play-both-sides, cop-out strategy. 

You're playing the dubya card: either you're with us or against us. We don't play that game. Pragmatists don't work that way.

India is not a strong country on the world stage. Stop watching YouTube videos about how India is a world leader. Stop reading comment sections where India is a Vishwaguru. :giggle: We cannot afford to take sides even if we want. That's the reality. 

Edited by Pollack

I don't see the importance of this condemn business either. We have done so with Israel in the past and continued working with them. Does that condemning achieve anything ?

So we condemn Russia publicly but behind the scenes Modi is telling Putin "yaar ye Biden ek aur ch** hai, ignore what I posted on twitter and the UN vote which you anyways were gonna veto. How does this conflict affect the deliveries for S400, Mig29, Akula class sub, frigates etc ? What can we do to bypass these western sanctions ?" Did we achieve anything at all ?

Or was the expectation that we'll actually stop our military orders and go back to the bronze age :ridinghorse:

15 minutes ago, Clarke said:

@goose it's been many days since the war started and so did the crises with refugees. I'm terribly disappointed in u not having condemned the difference in which white & middle eastern/African refugees are recieved in Europe. 

you seem very threatened by a single voice of dissent. you could always ring the thought police and report me.

On 3/13/2022 at 11:39 AM, Clarke said:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/india-finalising-alternative-payment-system-to-carry-on-russia-trade-101647174800298.html

India is pretty clear that it will continue it's partnerships and not be drawn into being an American proxy.

It is also time to incentivize domestic edible oil production (the technology is there, but so is the bureaucracy) and fertilizer production, and wean the nation away from depending so much on the Ruskies.