India abstains

goose

32 minutes ago, Clarke said:

tee hee, soft power

Many westerners already view India as a semi-fascist of sorts hell bent on stripping minorities of citizenship if not committing genocide. This conflict registers as much on India as the exoplanets on one's binoculars. 

Westerners don't come and save India over Pakistan and China .

India is always on its own.

11 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Nowhere to run if China co-opts the western powers who are massively distracted and fearful of Europe's future. It's entirely possible the West and China arrive at a soft G2 world order and carve the world in their respective spheres of influence.

If US, after all the open hostility and propping up Taiwan can work with china and join Belt road (that's a very big if. I don't believe it'll happen as USA and china are fighting for same spot as global leader), what would stop India from doing the same? From Chinese perspective, conflict with India is smaller than their conflict with US/Anglosphere. If they're willing to look past that, why would they hold grudge against us. We're already part of BRICS and a major trading partner with China. 

This is just posturing from China to prove that they're open to work with everyone and not expansionist

It's an easy decision for India. The internal situation guides the external decisions and principles.

We have many internal politics and border issues which interests the other P3. Whereas, perhaps Russia & France are those who are not really interested in our internal matters. Thereby, India cannot be seen anti-Russia as it may need its veto power and support. That is the key principle irrespective of whose Indian government it is.

9 hours ago, goose said:

i will leave the complex geopolitics to others. india had to abstain. however, that is not a situation to be proud of. this decision will cost it soft power. governments are increasingly moved by their electorates over key decisions.

You want to be proud of India's soft power assertions, choose yoga or for that matter even godforsaken Bollywood. FP is based on history and deep state actions. Electorate is immaterial in this issue as pointed by others. We have history and excess baggage with Roos and any government (even BJP) maintains that status-quo. Only change I see is GoI and FP changes vis-a-vis Israel in NDA governments (ABV and NaMo) much to the chagrin of libTards and Muslim Intellectuals (aka Mullahs).  

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, goose said:

even the perma neutral Swiss have imposed sanctions, freezing billions held in their accounts!

You live in EU (or former EU), Read more about the conflict and why India aligns with Russia. It is not because of Modi and not because Fareed Zakaria or some BBC nitwit says.

Edited by coffee_rules

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You live in EU (or former EU), Read more about the conflict and why India aligns with Russia. It is not because of Modi and not because Fareed Zakaria or some BBC nitwit says.

im not bashing India. I meant ‘even’ in the sense it’s highly unusual for the Swiss 

If this had happened after 5-6 years...  I think India Russia China must have united & formed a eastern block or something & should have gone full throttle to topple the western world order & try to flip it. 

It's all happening too soon for Russia & Putin that India China only has moral support to offer.  Putin is caught in a tough place now.