Ravindra Dudeja - Losing matches since 2009

Since 2013, we hv not won a single icc tournament.  There could be various factors behind it.  Don't want to discuss it here.  But one common element between all those tournament defeats is this impactless/lackluster player who keeps getting selected under the 'all rounder' quota.  If u ever wonder how to define a TTF with an example, there is no better example than him.  

15 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Since 2013, we hv not won a single icc tournament.  There could be various factors behind it.  Don't want to discuss it here.  But one common element between all those tournament defeats is this impactless/lackluster player who keeps getting selected under the 'all rounder' quota.  If u ever wonder how to define a TTF with an example, there is no better example than him.  

Well he was also the player of the tournament in 2013 when we won our last title. I wouldn't blame him for 2019 loss at all

50 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Well he was also the player of the tournament in 2013 when we won our last title. I wouldn't blame him for 2019 loss at all

Well , 2013 CT was just a one off case , and that too a decade ago.  Since then he has featured in every ICC tournament including WC both in T20 as well ODI format.   Sucked everytime.   I don't blame him for 2019 WC either.  But what about his abject failures which are apparent in WC2015, t20 WC 2016 (against Windies with the ball), 2021 T20 WC and 2021 WTC.  (Yes we are talking about LOIs, but I specified WTC too ,as I wanted to show how impactless he always has been in every major ICC tournament).   

23 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

14 years of experience and he still needs 20 balls to settle. Shocked to know he still has some defenders. 

Then you would also be shocked to know that he was the 2nd best batsman of the match and our most economical bowler.

14 minutes ago, Lord said:

Played very important innings today

Also 2 good overs.

Important innings? He played four dot balls in 18th over. Was taking singles when run rate was easily over 10, got out trying to hit when only singles were needed.

First 6 on sixth ball.

Next 10 balls 10 runs.

Next 13 balls 16 runs.

What was remotely logical in his approach?

13 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Then you would also be shocked to know that he was the 2nd best batsman of the match and our most economical bowler.

2nd best when everyone failed :hysterical::hysterical:

1 minute ago, Chakdephatte said:

Important innings? He played four dot balls in 18th over. Was taking singles when run rate was easily over 10, got out trying to hit when only singles were needed.

First 6 on sixth ball.

Next 10 balls 10 runs.

Next 13 balls 16 runs.

What was remotely logical in his approach?

2nd best when everyone failed :hysterical::hysterical:

Did you watch how tough was it to score? Everyone failed because it was tough. Even Hardik was not timing it initially and played dots v hard lengths

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Did you watch how tough was it to score? Everyone failed because it was tough. Even Hardik was not timing it initially and played dots v hard lengths

One has to play according to RRR demands, that's why middle order is a tough role. He came when RRR was 9 per over. He scored at 120, i.e, 7.2 rpo. It's not that he could accelerate after facing a few overs.

8 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

One has to play according to RRR demands, that's why middle order is a tough role. He came when RRR was 9 per over. He scored at 120, i.e, 7.2 rpo. It's not that he could accelerate after facing a few overs.

He is a limited player who relies on someone else at the other end to do the actual damage job.  He basically cannot do it himself. If Pandya had gotten out game was gone for good. His useless innings would have been exposed.

8 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

You are just looking at stats. 18 off 12 is 9 an over, but that'd been far worse here.

He took on Nawaz who had taken 2 wickets and then held an end till the end which was important on that track. 

12 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is a limited player who relies on someone else at the other end to do the actual damage job.  He basically cannot do it himself. If Pandya had gotten out game was gone for good. His useless innings would have been exposed.

Hardik Pandya and DK get bashed whenever they fail to hit coming with just a few overs left. But here's Jaddu, wasting balls in 18th over after batting 20+ balls, walks away unnoticed.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:45 PM, Chakdephatte said:

Hardik Pandya and DK get bashed whenever they fail to hit coming with just a few overs left. But here's Jaddu, wasting balls in 18th over after batting 20+ balls, walks away unnoticed.

Coz the top order sucked. He was better than the usual top 4 overall and the second best batsman that day. Its like the test match against Eng where Jaddu was our second best batsman after Pant. We weren't probing his ineffective bowling since the seamers went flat in second inning & the batting sucked b@ll$ as usual.

He never was an LOI batsman but was forced into one and persisted, partially justified by the stupid IPL hits. Post surgery, the only time he should walk in across formats is on tracks that assist spinners. Outside of that, seaming or batting wickets, we ought to look for better options.

Edited by Clarke