Prediction about the Indian squad for WT20 2022.

maniac

Except maybe as opener Kohli isn't in my T20 XI.  He is still good against genuine pace as he showed he can survive against Shaheen in WT20.  Kela sorry folks is not cut out for big games. 

Rohit

Kohli 

Iyer

Pant

SKY

Venky/Jaddu

That's my top 6

Edited by Lone Wolf
51 minutes ago, Serpico said:

The fact that they didn't call back Hardik even for Lanka series means team lost faith in his bowling fitness.

Average season + bowling full quota in every match might still get him selected

Our coach saahab publicly rued his absence (and Jadeja's) in SA (though it was for ODIs, thinking remains the same for T20Is as well).

Jadeja gets in and project Jadeja restarted. Expect same for Pandya once he is fit to bowl even 1-2 overs. 

35 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

He is still good against genuine pace as he showed he can survive against Shaheen in WT20.

kohli is the best player of high pace hard length in this team, which is why his s/r in one of top 5 in world when it comes to last 5 overs in t20. His place shudnt be under any question for australia. 

This Wc it will hard lengths and u need ur best players against it 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

kohli is the best player of high pace hard length in this team, which is why his s/r in one of top 5 in world when it comes to last 5 overs in t20. His place shudnt be under any question for australia. 

This Wc it will hard lengths and u need ur best players against it 

That's why I said he will be an upgrade over Rahul the opener. 

Iyer Pant SKY the trioca are terrific middle order options & all of them can accelerate briskly.  Iyer has ability to do dual role. 

Rahul as of now doesn't look superior to SKY at no 5 who is in terrific nick & has wider range against all kinds of bowling. 

As we cannot play Rohit Rahul Kohli all three together & repeat WT20..  At least Rahul has to sit out. 

17 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Iyer Pant SKY the trioca are terrific middle order options & all of them can accelerate briskly.  Iyer has ability to do dual role. 

Rahul as of now doesn't look superior to SKY at no 5 who is in terrific nick & has wider range against all kinds of bowling. 

As we cannot play Rohit Rahul Kohli all three together & repeat WT20..  At least Rahul has to sit out. 

Rahul himself is one of the best players of fast bowling n hard length in team 

All 3 play for me - shudnt compare UAE to Australia...these 3 are ur best players of fast bowling n hard length in team . It will a completely diff ball game in australia neither shud be we compare indian or UAE conditions to it. 

Iyer- at best a good backup but not at all good option in Aus inf

17 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

All 3 play for me - shudnt compare UAE to Australia...these 3 are ur best players of fast bowling n hard length in team . It will a completely diff ball game in australia neither shud be we compare indian or UAE conditions to it. 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Let's see if Iyer SKY display same kind of form in coming games..  I can see Dravid taking a call on Rahul or even Kohli.  It's not always about hard length...  Ball does jags a lot in new MCG pitch like we have seen in recent SL series.  Also we are supposed to play SA in Optus Perth which also is fast paced track with lateral movement. 

Rahul looks lost against left arm pace at the start. 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Let's see if Iyer SKY display same kind of form in coming games..  I can see Dravid taking a call on Rahul or even Kohli.  It's not always about hard length...  Ball does jags a lot in new MCG pitch like we have seen in recent SL series.  Also we are supposed to play SA in Optus Perth which also is fast paced track with lateral movement. 

Rahul looks lost against left arm pace at the start. 

if the ball jags other will be even more shitty . We think the one siting outside will play moving ball better well they wud be even worse . The only place where we can find better options then them is when it turns 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

if the ball jags other will be even more shitty . We think the one siting outside will play moving ball better well they wud be even worse . The only place where we can find better options then them is when it turns 

Dharamsala came closest to copying those conditions last night..  Ball was flying pitch had pace & bounce.  Yes the Boundaries were small compared to Aus but zip & pace in the track was fairly same.   Again I say let's see something tells me that Rohit & Dravid won't shy taking bold calls.  Bringing Sanju outta nowhere suggests they are open to thinking outside the box. 

6 hours ago, Serpico said:

The fact that they didn't call back Hardik even for Lanka series means team lost faith in his bowling fitness.

Average season + bowling full quota in every match might still get him selected

he ruled himself out

Will only play in IPL and take it from there.

Since OP's question is about who TM will actually play (instead of our own "fantasy" XIs), this is my guess:

Rohit

KL

Kohli

Pant (wk)/Samson (wk)

SKY/S. Iyer

R. Jadeja --> TM seems to have decided that Jadeja can/will bat at 5 or 6

V. Iyer

Deepak Chahar

Lord/Harshal

Bishnoi/Sundar

Bumrah

I feel they are too invested in batting depth, which is why we'll get the above team.

16 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Since OP's question is about who TM will actually play (instead of our own "fantasy" XIs), this is my guess:

Rohit

KL

Kohli

Pant (wk)/Samson (wk)

SKY/S. Iyer

R. Jadeja --> TM seems to have decided that Jadeja can/will bat at 5 or 6

V. Iyer

Deepak Chahar

Lord/Harshal

Bishnoi/Sundar

Bumrah

I feel they are too invested in batting depth, which is why we'll get the above team.

Venky definitely won't bat at 7. SDP will come back too.