Women's ODI World Cup 2022

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Weirdly want Pak women to win..  Seeing Mithali & Kaur in Indian team is giving me Purane vibes. 

This might be closer still.  Pak women side did beat NZ in warm ups who completely thrashed us game after game recently.  Play with Jazba Junoon girls:bebored:

Mithali completely stopped the momentum. They were racing away Deepti an Manadana after circumspect start. 

15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

2nd wicket down for Pakistan, to a very nice catch behind the stumps.  

High class batting by Vastrakar and Rana to set this likely win for India.  Only an absolute miracle can save Pakistan from here.

3rd and 4th wicket fell recently.

Edited by Vijy

although it might seem too early, I'd rather rejig the batting order for ind to improve our chances. vastrakar and rana have earned their chances, despite my skepticism about the former.

1. Yastika/Shafali [Shafali still has not sorted out her game in ODIs]

2. Mandhana

3. Mithali --> given her tuk-tuk approach, it is better for me to play consolidator role up the order

4. Kaur/Yastika [Kaur has been living on borrowed time for quite a while, but she still deserves a couple more chances]

5. Deepti

6. Richa Ghosh

7. Sneh Rana

8. Vastrakar

9. Jhulan

10. Gaekwad

11. Poonam Yadav/Meghna Singh

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Harmanpreet kaur and SHefali are out of form. But they will persist with them. The new comer should be given a chance as well.

shafali can be persisted with because she's still very young. kaur's case is different. s. meghana (not in squad) and yastika both look like good prospects. if kaur gets going she can play incredible innings, but last 2 yrs have been rather ordinary.